[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /g/ know the solution to this problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Does /g/ know the solution to this problem?
>>
>>60667736
There isn't nearly enough information here to help you.

Is this this a fresh install?
BIOS of UEFI?
What's your partition scheme?
Did you manually setup GRUB or did an installer set it up?
etc.
>>
>>60667736
1) You'd have better luck if you gave literally any fucking information whatsoever
2) Rescatux
3) Consider Gentoo
4) >>>/wsr/
>>
>>60667736
looks like your grub rescue doesn't even have drivers to read the filesystem...

insert another drive as a primary and boot from that one
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
your secureboot is fucked
>>
>>60667736
if this is gentoo you most likely used the minimalcd which does not support efivars and grub is fucked up because of that use http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/ and install with that or on arch install the version of grub that works on with efi
>>
>>60667736
Grub is behaving like a nigger

I SPENT 2 FUCKING DAYS LOOKING FOR A FUCKING SOLUTION UNTIL A FUCKING RUSKIE TOLD ME THIS ANCIENT SECRET.
>Get a hold of a live usb
>reboot
>HOLD F6,F8,10,F12 AT THE SAME TIME DURING BOOTING
>This will get you into bios no matter the mobo
>Boot from USB
>?????
>profit
>>
>>60667736
1. Learn something
2. Learn moar
3. Keep learning dumbdumb

if nothing works

>reformat
>re-create live USB
>make sure secure boot is OFF
>make sure you allow booting from other devices other than HDD
>Make sure certs. are OFF or given to LiveUSB
>Learn
>>
>>60669024
This is all assuming your trying to fresh install an OS.
Need moar info to know anything.
>>
>>60668869
How does that have anything to do with grub?
>>
File: 1488268542753.gif (419KB, 616x338px) Image search: [Google]
1488268542753.gif
419KB, 616x338px
>>60668869

That isn't an ancient secret. They literally just told you to press all the buttons that are common among manufacturers for loading your BIOS or UEFI settings.

However if you want an "ancient secret" and you have a Linux kernel installed, you should know about magic SysRq keys. They are a combination of keyboard presses (using the standard QWERTY layout) that do different things to the computer no matter what the computer is doing at the time. A popular usage is REISUB to restart your system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key
>>
>>60667736
You are using some king of filesystem that grub doesn't have modules for, you need to boot with a live CD, chroot and install said modules.
>>
kill yourself
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.