[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Encrypt a .txt file for all OS's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 5wdmBP2.png (7KB, 631x137px) Image search: [Google]
5wdmBP2.png
7KB, 631x137px
So I'll have to leave behind a .txt file with all psw to our social media and shit. I didn't choose to do this nor am I in the position to choose.

what's the best way to encrypt a .txt file which can be opened in Linux, Windows and OSX without extra effort

can you guys suggest something?
>>
>>60665889
name it "NortonAV_installer.exe.txt"
>>
>>60665889
>what's the best way to encrypt a .txt file which can be opened in Linux, Windows and OSX without extra effort
I don't understand the question: you want the file content to be encrypted but that it can be opened by any document program regardless of the OS being used?

The options are either you deliver a binary/script for each OS that decodes your file OR you don't encrypt at all.
>>
7z
>>
>>60665889
ROT13 encrypt the text.
>>
>>60666012
no I want a password protected file which does not require 3rd party software to unlock.

>>60666112
yeah no.

>>60666059
maybe, OSX needs 3rd party software.
not that it isn't easy downloading it but most people here are tech illiterate and I got to work with that.
>>
>>60665889
go here
www.wannacrydownload.com
>>
File: lqb.jpg (2KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
lqb.jpg
2KB, 100x100px
>>60666186
>>
>>60666193
It's called a joke you fucking retard
>>
Doesn't everything come with pgp nowadays

Or if not should be piss-easy to get
>>
>>60665889
Don't. They obviously don't care enough about the passwords to have you securely send it to them, so why bother?

By the way, the proper answer to this question is to send them a KeePass 2 database.
>>
>>60666176
Rar, zip then? I can't believe that Mr. JustWorksOs can't open protected archives OOTB
>>
>>60666254
I'll give it to them on a USB.
Yeah they don't really care but its only social media and other acc passes, no money involved so meh

>>60666263
kek yeah but in the end I think I'm gonna go with a .rar file. but if I remember correctly windows and linux can't open them OOTB as well or not?
>>
>>60666288
>Yeah they don't really care but its only social media and other acc passes, no money involved so meh
If they don't care, than why do you care? I guarantee you that even if you sent it to them securely somehow, they would send each other the unencrypted contents via e-mail or whatever.
>>
>>60666288
Linux should open rar, windows idk but i think 10 can OOTB. Btw if they are tech illiterate they may open the archive and drag and drop the file on the desktop "because it's more convenient"
>>
>>60666343
So I'm not being held accountable later
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.