[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does 4chan qualify as 'social media'?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Does 4chan qualify as 'social media'?
>>
Yeah, but with less normies.
>>
>>60651708
Define social media. Is a BBS "social media"? Is a mailing list "social media"?
>>
4chan is to social media as Facebook is to meaningful social relationships.
>>
>>60651708

Not anymore than a forum qualfies.
>>
>>60651715
>less normies
says the fuckboy who
>drives a car with an automatic transmission
>CAN NOT read sheet music
>unable to solve a system of differential equations
>wears shoes he bought at the mall
>cannot run a mile in under seven (7) minutes
>has listened to less than 1,000 albums
Peasants like you make me sick. there are plenty of Normans on 4chan, and you """people""" should stop posting
>>
>>60651752
I dislike this pasta.
>>
>>60651752
>Fuckboi
>>
>>60651756
>disliking pasta is disliking 4chan
>that wasn't pasta
kill you'reself peasant
>>
>>60651708
no
>>
>>60651752
>tfw you can do all of these things
I've finally ascended robot-dom I guess.
>>
more like antisocial media
>>
>>60651717
>Is a BBS "social media"?
Yes.

>Is a mailing list "social media"?
It depends on how it's being used. If it's primarily for socializing, then yes. If it's the semi-automated mailing list for a software bug-tracker, for example, then no. I.e., cock.li is social media but GNU's help-debbugs is not.
>>
>>60651725
>>60651797
Yep
>>
>>60651708
I think 4chan would technically qualify as 'social media' as it is defined, but probably wouldn't qualify as social media in the way that most people think of social media.

It's an electronic medium in which people communicate. That makes it social media.

The definition of social media is much broader than most people think. Even email is a type of social media.
>>
>>60651708
Given the default lack of persistent identities, along with the treatment people who attempt to use them receive, I'd say that no, 4chan is not social media.
It can be social, mind you. There are occasionally thread long discussions between people whose written voices are distinctive enough to identify them, but that seldom lasts through an entire thread, let alone from thread to thread.
>>
File: 1452316958810.png (207KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
1452316958810.png
207KB, 480x468px
IT COUNTS AS SOCIAL MEDIA ONLY IF YOU TRIP FAG
>>
>>60651797
this guyget it
>>
>>60651708
>Does 4chan qualify as 'social media'?

On anonymous boards, not really.

On boards with id numbers (like /soc/) then yes, I would say so.
>>
>>60651708
more like antisocial media, tbqh
>>
4chan has too many blog posts to be "antisocial media"
>>
>>60651715
>less normies
>less
>>60651752
>>60651772
>can do all of those things but can't into grammar
>>
>>60651752
If you think the majority of people here can run a mile in 7 minutes you're retarded
>>
>>60652074
>If you think the majority of people here can run a mile in 7 minutes you're retarded
the majority of /g/ posters are peasants who think they are anything other than normie fucks despite being basic bitches
>"dude I can't play an instrument or heel-toe downshift, but I installed linux so that means I aint no normie! "
kill you'reself fucking virgin-peasant
>>
>>60652046
jej
>>
>>60651715
>>60651801
>>60651831
no
>>60651914
they are not persistent enough to "keep" an identity and attention whore so no even on them
>>
>>60651752
Yeah but at least I don't have a shit attitude
>>
>>60651752
>tfw wanted to get a manual car but had to settle for sport mode automatic because I'm a poorfag
none of the other things apply to me except the last two, but running is for fags and I don't have time to listen to 1000 albums
>>
>>60651708
If that picture was a little more zoomed out so you could see more of the ground, and there was an open manhole with the cover moved aside and a man with a bad hair cut sticking his head out, 4chan would be that guy.
>>
>>60651772
Can you teach me how to wear shoes I bought at the mall?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.