[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goodenough's Glass Battery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

This bag of bones is saying that his new solid state glass battery is going to render the lion battery a relic of the past. What do you think, /g/? Is a revolution coming or has this old kook finally gone senile?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_battery
>>
>Researchers have tested the battery with over 1,200 charge cycles
>Goodenough responded to the skepticism, saying that the Fermi energy of the lithium anode is higher than the very thinly-plated lithium cathode current collector, creating the battery's voltage.
>The paper describing the battery was published in Energy and Environmental Science in December 2016.
Why would I distrust him?
>>
>>60647022
it's got major faults atm that maybe time and further development will overcome.

Personally, I think he just wants to relive the good auld days and get his dick a little wet before he pops his cloggs.
>>
File: stargate.jpg (57KB, 699x464px) Image search: [Google]
stargate.jpg
57KB, 699x464px
Wake me up when we have computers made of crystals.
>>
>>60647022
>Dissing on motherfucking Goodenough

how much of a fucking phillistine can you be, holy shit
>>
>>60647022
literally who?
>>
>>60647022
Why you hev to be such meanie, oupie?
Goodenough's nice men.
>>
>>60647279
>>60647370
I actually love the man, I'm just having a laugh
>>
>>60647280
He's good enough.
>>
>>60647022
But is it good enough?
>>
>>60647022
That's an outstanding name, tbqh.
>>
>his name is literally B. Goodenough
>>
>>60647022
>What do you think, /g/
We'll see.
It doesn't even have to have a massively better energy density than li-ion.
Making it less dense so it would fit in a electric car would be goodenough
>>
>>60647556
wonder if its a joke in their family to have their middle names start with B.

John B. Goodenough.
>>
>>60647727
Plus it sounds like it doesn't fail quite so catastrophically, so it'd be safer in a crash even if it's energetically equivalent or slightly worse than LiPo
>>
>>60647727
>>60647824
Airplanes would also massively benefit. Some models have lithium ion batteries on the wings but they've been known to catch fire
>>
File: computer-2.jpg (203KB, 820x941px) Image search: [Google]
computer-2.jpg
203KB, 820x941px
>>60647229

Superior design coming through.
>>
>>60647022
I'll believe it when I can buy one and use it.

Considering the sheer number of "revolutionary battery technologies" that pop up in the news that always seems to be one funding cycle from completion.
>>
>>60647898
>needing hundreds of punch cards to make your shit work
Wew.
>>
>>60647022
sounds promising, I guess I'll have to wait to see it in practice with a consumer device.
>>
>call him "a bag of bones"
>never heard of him before
>do research
>he invented Lithium Ion battery technology
>ok, that's good enough for me

OP, go fuck yourself, you idiot.
>>
>>60648980
>>60647485
you'd never even heard of him my man
>>
>>60647229

computational dildonics
>>
>>60647280
Guy who made Li-on battery. Aka all the electronics batteries we use nowadays
>>
>>60648980
He's also a member of skull and bones, the guys who orchestrated the 9/11 false flag

He's a fake persona who exists to legitimize the dissemination of advanced alien technology without arousing suspicions.
>>
>>60647022
Why are you insulting him?
>>
>>60650902
Source?
>>
>>60650902
>exists to legitimize the dissemination of advanced alien technology without arousing suspicions.
Where do I sign up
>>
>>60652172
skull and bones dude, did you even read
>>
>>60651563
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Goodenough
>>
>>60652226
>Click on skull and bones link
>Conspiracy section mentioned Illuminati therefore it's true
Okay, but where is the source?
>>
>>60652218
Yeah, but like, where is that? Area 51?
Lern2readthx :^)
>>
>>60652218
>>60652282
Actually holdup a second this is pretty scary stuff what the hell
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_and_Bones
>>
>>60652338
Wow, is a group of elitist snobs. Therefore alien tech and secret worldwide government domination
>>
>>60652359
this guy is cia don't listen to him
>>
>>60652404
Wouldn't the CIA be in on it? You realize that the more people you have in on a thing the harder it is to keep secret, right? Alien tech would be fucking awesome, but there are so many people looking at the night sky all the time, and none of them have spilled the beans on seeing anything alien. And there is no way every single one of them is part of these world domination groups. Besides, I think it's more likely that corporate leaders are working to take over the world basically publicly, without the need for secret societies and aliens
>>
>>60652444
>You realize that the more people you have in on a thing the harder it is to keep secret, right?

Compartmentalization. It has worked for decades.
>>
>>60652649
More people have to control the compartments. Sorry, the logistics of thousands, or tens of thousands, of people being in on something major like that means that at least one will talk regardless of how compartmentalized it is
>>
>>60652706
>not understanding how compartmentalization works
>therefore it cannot work

Argument from incredulity.

Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_%28information_security%29
>>
>>60647898

>coding on the chip shows intended function

star trek had a whole bunch of people manually installing ASICs into backplanes

wew.....
>>
>>60652824
So the entirety of humanity is run by a small handful Illuminati admins? That's even less believable.
>>
>>60652885
to be fair, the very concept of rewritable non-volatile memory was totally foreign to them at the time.
>>
>>60652889
illuminati aliens and their goal is to genocide any parts of humanity that can fight back while supplanting the genocided populations with their own alien-human hybrids, the most valuable resource earth has is its biosphere, so weapons of mass destruction are out of the question
>>
>>60653338
What studies have been done? What peer reviewed sources are there? Why do you know what our most valuable resources are to a group that no one else knows exists? Are you assuming you know what resources a race that can travel the void of space would need? Remember, this race probably has technology beyond our comprehension, language that transcends our ability to speak, and a writing system to match.
>>
>>60652444
Silicone chip is alien tech
>>
>>60653451
Source please. The longer you guys defend your stance the more I'm inclined to disagree with you
>>
>>60653480
Google it retard there's tons of sources.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica
>>
If aliens were visiting us, we would be able to see them coming. You can't fucking hide in space.
>>
>>60653508
>Some guy says it's alien tech because coincidence lines events up.
Why have alien sightings gone down with the prevalence of technology to capture them going up?
>>
>>60653550
You just freeze the surface area of your spaceship to 3 kevins and beam the heat in the opposite direction with a laser
>>
>>60647095
>it's got major faults atm
Like?
>>
>>60653561
there's more aliens than ever now

have you seen texas
>>
>>60653550
Yeah you can.
I recall that the US military can only track something like 10 or 20% of all asteroids in the neighborhood.
>>
>>60653588
there's over 1000 asteroids in the asteroid belt too
>>
>>60653550
If some being has the technology to travel light years than you can't even begin to comprehend the amount of technology they have. Also tons of people still see them. There's also an issue of having limited perception just like how animals and insects don't see the world like we do, how could we see the world as an advanced race would
>>
>>60653573
But the light from the laser would be seen by us eventually. Honestly, if aliens were to ever visit us, we would be dead before we even knew we were seen. They have 0 reason to let us develop and pose a threat to them in the future. Better to exterminate all of us with a significant mass traveling at 80% the speed of light than leak us their tech for decades.
>>60653587
While that made me smile, that's not the argument at hand.
>>
>>60653588
Yeah, it's not as if alien spaceships would have to get really close to Earth or anything.
>>
>>60653561
They haven't by any means look at YouTube. Also even the most credible pilots and astronauts have seen some type of ufo
>>
>>60653630
>But the light from the laser would be seen by us

No u retard u don't shine the light at earth holy cow are you dumb

yopu shine it AWAY
>>
>>60653561
The leap of technology after Roswell is quite staggering even if you don't believe. Moving into silicon solid state from vaccum tubes was a huge leap
>>
File: 0.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>60653639
Which usually turn out to be some camera problem or a hoax perpetuated by those experienced with VFX.

Watch Captain Disillusion sometime, he loves debunking this sort of thing, sometimes he's able to recreate the original effect perfectly.
>>
>>60653639
Eyewitness accounts mean nothing in science and everything in conspiracy theories. Why is this? Because the human mind is prone to mistakes. If you see a UFO and identify it as an alien spacecraft it's no longer unidentified, is it?
>>60653661
The heat from the laser would still radiate outwards and reach us. I get it, it's cool to think big scary strange things are happening. And it's even better because YOU are in on it, and that's exciting. But that doesn't make them true.
>>60653688
Yeah, the links I found about that stated that that stuff was already being tested before the event. Give humans a little more credit, we're not all incapable
>>
>>60653723
>The heat from the laser would still radiate outwards and reach us

llol ur dumb, have u ever herd of the inverse square law u kno nothing
>>
Probably won't take off unless manufacturing is low enough.
>>
>>60653739
Wonderful argument. I know nothing because I know that things radiating heat in the vacuum of space would draw all of our telescopes to it, especially if it was "nearby" in space? Why don't you calculate the amount of heat needed to cool an object down to 3 Kelvin, and then the amount of heat any device that moves that heat away from the first object would generate?
>>
>>60653779
its a laser u dont seem to kno how they work
>>
>>60653413
Yo, that's the plot to the Xfiles main arc.
>>
>>60653854
Not an argument.
>>60653881
Was it? I should go back and watch that show
>>
>>60647022
will it just be another one time revolution though? the lithium ion came out and then that was it, it's not like transistors that that can just get smaller and better each year.
>>
>>60653991
Things have improved slowly, just think of how much cheaper it's gotten. Besides if what's said is true, then we're already good enough for electric cars, solar housing with battery back ups, and much much better electronic.
>>
>>60654066
>then we're already Goodenough
>>
>>60647022

http://www.popsci.com/researchers-accidentally-make-batteries-last-400-times-longer

At least there's the new gel batteries as a competing way to get more life cycles until they work the kinks out.

Then again, the only rechargable battery I've really worn out is those fucking HP laptop batteries from a decade ago that never take a charge.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.