[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

iPhones are for normies and retards, right anons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (17KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 384x384px
iPhones are for normies and retards, right anons
>>
/g/ prefers phones that are capable to torrenting Chinese cartoons
>>
>>60638876
literally only advantage of android
t.lenovshit android tablet and iPhone 5s
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 384x384px
>>60638687
>tfw Nexus 6P master race
>>
>>60639887
>no removable storage
>no removable battery
>camera bump
>having the google-branded iphone
Only advantage you have are the neutered Android updates.

>master race
I don't think you know what that word means, since your phone plays second fiddle to Pixel phones.
>>
>>60639887
Nexus 6P is pretty good. They look real worn after a while though, or at least the ones I've seen have.

t. Huawei P9
>>
>>60638687
So you have one, right?
>>
>smartphone
>claims to be more advanced than a typical flip phone
>doesn't have a file manager
defend this apple drones
>>
>>60640149
> implying that apple fags know what a file manager is or how to use one
>>
File: 4L_VxnPrmti.png (73KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
4L_VxnPrmti.png
73KB, 640x1136px
>>60638876
>>
>>60638687
>mfw no phones are worthwhile atm
All of them are locked down garbage, call me when someone releases good phones
>>
Any decent chan app yet? I'm tempted to get the SE
>>
>>60641971
>having to wait to hack your device
>having to hack it to get a file manager
>having to hack it to get torrents

Stay the fuck away, normie
>>
>>60642377
you open source fags love that shit tho
>>
>>60638876
they need to grow up and earn their animes, get em on bluray and enjoy them in whatever format you want.
>>
File: crab.gif (1MB, 298x172px) Image search: [Google]
crab.gif
1MB, 298x172px
I have an iPhone but I use Linux on my computers and have custom Linux firmware running on my router. I've also installed Void on my Raspberry Pi to keep up with the latest /g/ memes. iOS is just better than Android.
>>
a phone is a basic consumption device, real computing belongs on a laptop/desktop

>>60639887
all the downsides of an iphone with none of the upsides. enjoy your one year life span

>>60638876
>torrenting on a phone

>>60640149
>needing a file system on a phone
>>
>>60643295
>a phone is a basic consumption device, real computing belongs on a laptop/desktop

Fucking this. The only things I use my iPhone for is talking, texting, scheduling events on the calendar app and watching Youtube videos. Anything more complex or involved, I do on my desktop.
>>
An iPhone can use all the messaging applications and protocols that a typical Android phone can, plus iMessage and FaceTime.
As a communications platform, which is what a PHONE is, iPhones are demonstrably superior.
>inb4 "I don't want to talk to anyone who users iMessage/FaceTime"
Some people have actual lives and things they need to do, they don't get free autismbux from the government.
>>
I have an iPhone 7 at the moment, but I will probably switch back to Android when the Pixel 2 comes out. iOS is really annoying after awhile.

Some of the things iOS is terrible at:

1) No default apps, everything goes to standard Apple apps

2) Can't rearrange icons to any location on the home screen (this used to not be a problem but I injured my hand and having to stretch is painful, for a company that is all about ergonomics they sure as shit don't want to help).

3) Some iOS updates just kill your phone. 10.3 made my battery absolutely terrible. It's so bizarre.

4) Siri is just shit

5) iMessage has become this terrible children's toy since iOS 10.3..everything seems bloated with "messaging apps" and "stickers" and it just gets in your way..the drawing shit is garbage and the pinging is even worse.

6) Safari based browser..all browsers just use the Safari engine. There is no difference between Chrome and Safari aside from password syncing

7) IT IS SO LAGGY. I think this might be iPhone 7 specific since my girlfriend's SE does not do this, but scrolling through anything is so laggy. Web pages, Music, pictures, etc. just has so many lag spikes and hitches it is so annoying to use. I think its because they did the big/little architecture and haven't optimized iOS but holy shit it is so noticeable.

8) Touch ID wears out after awhile. Sometimes you will have to try 4-5 times before the phone says "enter your password lol we don't recognize your finger"

The only thing the iPhone has going for it is the build quality. Compared to my old Nexus 6 this thing is pretty nice but Android phones are catching up in that aspect.

Watching Google I/O I'm not sure how Apple will compete on the data front..Google has so much more data to work with it's unbelievable. Android Marshmallow was the first version of Android that really solidified the ecosystem but N (and now O) make it near perfect.
>>
>>60643393
>The only thing the iPhone has going for it is the build quality. Compared to my old Nexus 6 this thing is pretty nice but Android phones are catching up in that aspect.

yeah, but android phones have already kind of caught up. i know applefags constantly talk about how light and svelte their phones are, but honestly i prefer beefier phones because they feel nicer to hold. my nexus 5 + case feels better than my friend's iphone 7
(and it has a fucking headphone jack)
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.