[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NFC payments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: wojak-pistol.jpg (71KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
wojak-pistol.jpg
71KB, 707x500px
>have iPhone 6, Pixel
>Apple Pay and Android Pay barely work anywhere, plus Apple Pay is limited to 8 cards per device

>finally get a Galaxy S8, Set up Samsung Pay
>it actually fucking works at stores! Great!
>10 Card limit so I can't add all of my credit and debit cards

Why does wireless payment suck so fucking much right now?
>>
Why do you have so many cards? Churning? I have two chase cards, a debit card, a really old credit union credit card. I had the Amex platinum too but I just got rid of it because the points are worthless to me.
>>
I put my phone in the samsung pay machine once and it wouldn't come out. like the machine ate my phone or something. its like when the atm eats your card.fuck this shit i said. from now on its cash only for me from under my mattress. who even can deal with all this newq age bullshit tech things like zuckerman are developing in their basement like wehat in the world. i just cant anymore
>>
File: 1396801926306.gif (2MB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
1396801926306.gif
2MB, 310x325px
What the fuck do you have more than 10 cards for?
>>
>>60625219
>>60625311
Small bit of churning and different cashback rewards (2% cashback card, two cards that give 5% on rotating categories, two airline credit cards, card that gives 5% cashback at any gas station, etc.)
>>
>being this much of a mindless consumer
>>
>>60625350
You're a mindless consumer
>>
>>60625350
>not maximizing your benefits and rewards by using credit wisely
you're the mindless one here
>>
Wtf is with you retards and having a billion cards.

I have three cards in my wallet: my Visa Debit, my public transport/public bike rental card and photo ID - which I leave at home 99% of the time because I don't live in Nazi Germany.

I have a MasterCard at home with a €400 limit which I only use either when I lose my debit card (only happened once) or when I'm in some shit-tier non-Eurozone country and want to withdraw the local currency from ATMs without getting a bullshit exchange rate for their pissy little monopoly money.

If you have any more than the above you're reckless with your own hard-earned cash, a victim of false economy marketing gimmicks or both.

>actually using NFC to pay for things

I don't bother with phone NFC payments because they have a whole bunch of limitations regular contactless cards don't. My debit card isn't limited by battery life for one, and is smaller, lighter and less awkward to actually pay for stuff with. If you actually use those things, you are a slave to Google/Apple/Samsung's marketing and I'm embarrassed for you.
>>
>>60625914
They give unique cashback offers and benefits that are exclusive to NFC, plus different cards have different cashback/benefits that are just dependent on which card you use (electronically or via the plastic card with chip). Having multiple cards lets you use the best card for the circumstance.
>>
>>60626191

So marketing gimmicks, basically.
>>
>>60625011
>living in retarded place.

both android pay and apple pay work well for me here in upstate ny.
>>
>>60626344
Nah man, American credit cards are just awesome compared to europe.

>stores can impose a $10 minimum in items to use credit; virtually none do
>stores can discount cash purchases, virtually none do (exception is some gas stations charge extra for credit)
>almost all of them have no annual fee
>all but the shittiest subprime cards charge you no interest if you pay your bill in full each month
>cards will offer minimum 1% cashback and there are 2% cashback cards on many purchases
>cards will offer specials like $10 off purchases of $10 or more at certain merchants

>Cards will have great benefits that have value of hundreds of dollars

>example: buy Xbox one
>spill beer on the controller
>file claim with credit card company under free accidental damage coverage, ask for $60 for a new controller
>entire purchase refunded

>buy a dashcam with included microsd
>install it, test drive, pop memory card out to review footage
>drop it while bringing it in the house, step on it, it breaks
>ask for $20 for new MicroSD card
>refund of $200 dashcam purchase granted

>buy TV
>it goes on sale for $60 cheaper three weeks later at another retailer
>contact credit card company, difference of $60 refunded by credit card company

>Buy Samsung Galaxy Nexus
>microUSB port fails just outside of the one year warranty
>invoke free extended warranty benefit on credit card
>full purchase price refunded so I can buy a newer, better phone

>Go on a trip to canada
>Some jackass dings my door of my rental car company
>Send damage report to credit card company, they contact the rental car company and handle the details of paying for the repair
>no insurance claim or money out of pocket for me

In the US credit cards are so awesome that there's no reason not to have a bunch of them if you have impulse control.
>>
>>60626522
>dings my door of my rental car company
Whoops, mistake. My rental car*

>>60626379
In upstate NY I've found it works better than downstate, I think there's a lot more big box stores that have the muscle to push through the upgrades quicker.
>>
>>60626522

>>stores can impose a $10 minimum in items to use credit; virtually none do

Mark of a shit-tier country when they have minimum prices for using cards. Defeats the point of contactless cards.

>>stores can discount cash purchases, virtually none do (exception is some gas stations charge extra for credit)
>>almost all of them have no annual fee

Standard worldwide.

>>cards will offer minimum 1% cashback and there are 2% cashback cards on many purchases
>>cards will offer specials like $10 off purchases of $10 or more at certain merchants

Why are you using a fucking credit card for every day purchases? That's just pointless debt to take on and will absolutely shit on your credit rating if they see your racking up credit card bills to pay for fucking petrol.

>>example: buy Xbox one

>using a credit card to buy a games console

If you're old enough to get a credit card, you're too old for playing video games.

>>Buy Samsung Galaxy Nexus
>>microUSB port fails just outside of the one year warranty
>>invoke free extended warranty benefit on credit card
>>full purchase price refunded so I can buy a newer, better phone

This should be covered by consumer protection laws, though in fairness they are way better in Europe than they are in America.

>>Go on a trip to canada
>>Some jackass dings my door of my rental car company
>>Send damage report to credit card company, they contact the rental car company and handle the details of paying for the repair
>>no insurance claim or money out of pocket for me

In a sane country, neither you or the credit card company are on the hook for something that wasn't your fault. Insurance companies have funds for this kind of thing, e.g. getting hit by uninsured drivers etc.

>In the US credit cards are so awesome that there's no reason not to have a bunch of them if you have impulse control.

You've been brainwashed into believing being in debt for frivolous purchases is a virtue. Congrats.
>>
>>60626830
>Mark of a shit-tier country when they have minimum prices for using cards. Defeats the point of contactless cards.
Yep, and this is technically forbidden by credit card processors. The merchant can offer a discount for not using the card BUT cannot set a minimum purchase value to use a CC.
>>
File: FICO.png (72KB, 1076x821px) Image search: [Google]
FICO.png
72KB, 1076x821px
>>60626830
>Mark of a shit-tier country when they have minimum prices for using cards. Defeats the point of contactless cards.
It's rare, but retailers sued for that right and the courts sided with them.

>Why are you using a fucking credit card for every day purchases
Because there's no additional cost, I get a lot of cashback (I average about 3.5% cashback on my purchases - all purchases at 2% and many at 5% in specific categories, like gas stations).

>Why are you using a fucking credit card for every day purchases? That's just pointless debt to take on and will absolutely shit on your credit rating if they see your racking up credit card bills to pay for fucking petrol.
Not how it works.

>too old for playing video games
Glad to hear that entertainment is for children, Hans. Work is all that one should be doing, no time for frivolity.

>This should be covered by consumer protection laws, though in fairness they are way better in Europe than they are in America.
EU consumer protections are far stronger.

>In a sane country, neither you or the credit card company are on the hook for something that wasn't your fault. Insurance companies have funds for this kind of thing, e.g. getting hit by uninsured drivers etc.
Happened in a parking lot when I wasn't there. You don't get covered in non-collision cases, you're responsible.

>>60626897
http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/merchant-minimum_purchase-credit-debit-1585.php
>All merchants are legally able to impose a minimum purchase, up to $10, for customers paying by credit card, under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Dodd-Frank was signed into law in December 2010. The minimum must be the same for all credit card issuers and payment card networks. For more details see a summary of the rules published by the Federal Trade Commission's Business Center.
>>
>>60626830
>Why are you using a fucking credit card for every day purchases? That's just pointless debt to take on and will absolutely shit on your credit rating if they see your racking up credit card bills to pay for fucking petrol.
Not if you are paying this off right away. CC will charge interest on the balance but if you pay the full balance before there the cutoff for the billing cycle, you pay no interest. I do this with my CCs all the time, my effective interest rate is 0%.

The benefit is, your credit remains active and you are eligible for upgrades from the CC company.
>>
>>60626924
>All merchants are legally able to impose a minimum purchase, up to $10, for customers paying by credit card, under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Dodd-Frank was signed into law in December 2010. The minimum must be the same for all credit card issuers and payment card networks. For more details see a summary of the rules published by the Federal Trade Commission's Business Center.
Ah, I see. So they changed that in 2010. Good to know.
>>
>>60627019
Yeah, Dodd frank was a shit law. It also capped interchange (swipe fees) on debit at banks with more than $10B in assets to 22 cents + 0.5% of transaction cost. This didn't reduce any prices at retail, but it ended the free checking account with no minimum average daily balance at large banks, which hurt a lot of Americans.
>>
>>60627049
>This didn't reduce any prices at retail, but it ended the free checking account with no minimum average daily balance at large banks, which hurt a lot of Americans.
Is this the same law that also changed the way 'overdraft protection' was being offered? I thought the reason why the free* checking accounts with no balance requirements went away was because of that.
>>
>>60627078
It did change the overdraft protection laws too, but the banks were making wayyyy more money off the swipe fees.

Smaller community banks and credit unions with less than $10B in assets can charge the older, higher swipe fees, so they offer free checking with no average daily balance requirement so long as you use the debit card 5-10 times per month. The swipe fees cover the cost of offering the account.
>>
>>60626924

>>Why are you using a fucking credit card for every day purchases? That's just pointless debt to take on and will absolutely shit on your credit rating if they see your racking up credit card bills to pay for fucking petrol.
>Not how it works.

It's exactly how it works. This will fuck you if you're looking for a mortgage down the line, which you probably will given the fact you're an absolute debt-junkie.

>>60626960

>The benefit is, your credit remains active and you are eligible for upgrades from the CC company.

Oh good, the credit card company (pbuh) has bestowed upon you the right to take on more debt for more frivolous purchases.

Jesus Christ man, just use money you actually have instead of jumping through all these hoops and wrecking your credit score in the process. I don't think I've ever seen a more severe or bizarre case of corporate worship.
>>
>>60627111
>It's exactly how it works. This will fuck you if you're looking for a mortgage down the line, which you probably will given the fact you're an absolute debt-junkie.
You're not an American and don't know how our credit scoring works. My FICO score is over 800, with my credit line utilization (amount of credit I use at a given time versus amount of credit I have available) well under 5% at any given time. My fucking auto loan was at 0.00% for 48 months, as in NO INTEREST CHARGED. I could get a home loan easily with my income and available funds (my credit score + income + willingness 20% down would translate into the best possible rates).
>>
>>60627144
>>60626522
>>60626924
>>60626960
>>60627144
Based
>>
>>60627212

Yanks are a strange people when it comes to spending money.
>>
>>60627262
You need to do a little homework on credit in the US, now, chap. If you want a favorable loan you have to do what he did, old boy. Also don't forget to vote commie in the special election
>>
>>60627295

Brits are no longer European. They're discount yanks these days.

I concede I'm not well-versed on US credit ratings, but all the same having a dozen credit cards is not normal.
>>
>>60626830
In America it's normal to pay for gas using credit, even if you use credit nowhere else.
>>
>>60627355

Why though?
>>
>>60626379
Do you mean upstate or >""upstate""
>>
>tfw one debit card
>tfw one credit card
>tfw credit score over 740
>tfw never paid interest on credit card since I got it in 2012

feels good. I will be closing on a home soon with an insanely low interest rate relative to the rest of the market. I've never used my cards "benefits" except for the points which I use to pay for shipping on Amazon.
>>
>>60627428
In the US due to fuel theft by unsavories if you want to pay cash, you can't post-pay after pumping the gas.

Meaning you have to exit your car, go inside, give enough cash to the maximum amount you want to fuel, go back to your car, and fuel. Then you either stop pumping when you hit the dollar amount you gave the clerk (pump will stop on its own), or if you pumped less fuel than the amount of cash you gave the clerk, have to go back in the store (and wait in any line again) to get your change.

Versus a credit card- put in reader in gas pump, maybe enter the postal code that the card's billing address is in (deters fraud), and then pump the gas.
>>
>>60627535

That's convoluted. Here they just have cameras that read your reg plate and if you try to drive off with a tank full of petrol without paying they'll use your car reg data to find you and treat you like any other petty thief.

You can prepay, postpay, pay via card at the pump or pay via cash or card in the shop. Between either your car reg data, your card info or the actual CCTV footage itself, it's a piece of piss to find whatever slack-jawed fool who'd think they could drive off without paying scot-free.
>>
>>60627878
In the US we have different states and the sharing of DMV data between states is harder, plus some states allow only having a back plate (no front plate) so they might not catch the plate of the person fueling depending on the camera angle, etc.
>>
>>60625011
>having more than three accounts
The fuck?
>>
>>60630603
see>>60625337
and >>60626191
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.