[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surface Pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7955.jpg (102KB, 1083x609px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7955.jpg
102KB, 1083x609px
Worth it?
>>
Price is justified by hardware and capability but that doesn't mean its worth it to you. You have to decide that you mook.
>>
File: 1494854677994.jpg (4MB, 6024x5624px) Image search: [Google]
1494854677994.jpg
4MB, 6024x5624px
>>60620763
No. The software is trash and it's made by a shit company.
>>
Nah, it's a meme for "artists" who think they're going to be very productive with it for some reason
>>
It is nice if you want a tablet, but that's about it. The keyboard is really shitty on it so it isnt a good laptop.
>>
Wasn't this same thread up yesterday?
>>
>>60621297
Yes, and the day before. It's called paid shills.
>>
>>60621297

its up every single day, see >>60620988
>>
File: ASUS_Transformer_Pro_Masthead.jpg (559KB, 2400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
ASUS_Transformer_Pro_Masthead.jpg
559KB, 2400x1350px
It's pretty much identical to the T304 but $500 more expensive. Spec-for-spec identical, even.
>>
>>60621006
I think you're referring to Macs. A lot of Surfaces are used by Professional artists.
Wacom is now hobbyist tier unless you go for the larger Intuos Pro or Cintiq Pro.
iPad Pro is just a shitty sketchpad.
>>
>>60621866
>1024 level pen

gtfo with that shit
>>
>>60621966
Wacom Penabled has always been 256 levels, the newer ones are just interpolated to 1024, 2048 and 4096 levels, which is completely pointless because most art programs already provide smoothing. The new Wacom AES with internal battery have actual advertised pressure sensitivity levels.
>>
Own a Pro4 since February last year from overseas. Risky purchase, because no way to get it fixed for any issue that could arise.

It is the best computer I have ever used. Never felt even a slight regret for having it, ever. Do not feel like a scumbag for using it in the uni library either.

Feel a little more cautious/protective about it, which may be a downside. I used to leave my older laptop in a lobby for hours left alone, foe example, but I cannot do it for this one for more than maybe 45 minutes.

Always been looking forward for Microsoft to make its successor to have a proprietary GPU dock, similar to Surface Book's keyboard, but they didn't, so I am even more happy now that the new version is not vastly superior than what I own.

Ask away anything you want.
>>
>>60622445
How exactly does the Surface benefit you personally and professionally over any other laptop would? What makes it unique in your case?

I have one, but it just kind of collects dust for me. I wish Loonix were more viable on it.
>>
>>60622512
Weight:
It is very light, so I do not think twice while putting it into my bag in the morning. I am a computer engineering student, and get very easily confused in such optimization problems. Here's my problem with even a 200g heavier computer:
>on a day I absolutely need my computer, I just take it, which is like 10%
>on a day I absolutely don't need it, I don't, which is like 5%
>for the remaining 85%, I have a tradeoff between carrying a dummy weight on my back that I possibly may never use even once throughout the day and my comfort

No warmth on legs:
Unlike normal laptops, the parts getting warm are almost always high above the surface it is on, so your legs do not get warm when you work on your laps. Aside from being unhealthy, for me it gets very uncomfortable to have heating plastic or aluminum on my legs.

Keyboard layout:
It has the keyboard layout I like. My housemate has Lenovo, which has funky placement of keys. Similarly, many of my colleagues have Asus, and that shit is unbearable.

Battery life:
I bring my charger with me only once or twice per semester to the uni. It lasts for many hours, probably around 4-6 hours, until it dies. I think like I shouldn't stay in front of a computer for any longer than that in a day anyway, so I take it as a call for break. I bring the charger when I am close to a deadline.

Touchscreen:
It is a form of input I am now constantly looking for in a computer. I find myself accidentally trying to touch the screen of my friends' computers sometimes. For a quick action. Touchpad is not swift and accurate enough for most of the time.

Pen:
I use it to edit images every now and then. Sometimes people want me to remove some text from their images, and I do it far more easily with the help of pen.
I digitally fill forms in PDF with pen, undo it as I wish, send them back. Saves a printout (and maybe more for the mistakes), a scan, and time.
I use it for quick sketches on screenshots I take for my friends.
>>
>>60622831
The F-lock on the Surface is so good, I don't know why other companies don't do this.
>>
Can you get touchscreen and the keyboard to work on Linux yet? It's all proprietary connectors, isn't it?
>>
>>60621910
nice try ranjeet.
https://youtu.be/9NhyDiiaXic?t=310
>>
>>60620988
Thanks, you're doing a great job a remembering new fags these Microsoft shills post are up every fucking day
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.