[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gigabyte Aero 14/15 OR XPS 15?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: aero15_1.jpg (1MB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
aero15_1.jpg
1MB, 3200x2400px
Hi guys. I bought an XPS 15 9560 and idk if I like it, so I'm thinking of sending it back for a full refund and getting a gigabyte Aero instead.

-my 9560 got the Toshiba drive which is half the speed of a 960 Evo
-the screen ghosts like fuck, so anything moving looks like a blurry ghosty mess
-the XPS keyboard is kinda wonky. the space bar double presses sometimes and doesn't activate other times. (1/20 or so presses)
-the gtx 1050 isn't fast enough and games have to be set to 1080p anyway
-weird driver issues. PC does random mini freezes, has minor sound driver issues, track pad sometimes jumps

That being said, I think I will miss that glossy 4k screen, but I think the aero has a good screen anyway.

I'm thinking of getting the aero 15 because it's larger and had smaller bezels. (even though the 14 has a higher resolution)

Anyways, what do y'all think of this sidegrade? Will I end up missing the XPS 15? I got the fully loaded $2000 Costco model
>>
File: GeneWilderWillyWonka1.jpg (743KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GeneWilderWillyWonka1.jpg
743KB, 1920x1080px
>>60618806

>wow those are some pretty thin bez.....
>looks down
>GIGABYTE

FFS... why did they go and do that.....
>>
>>60618857
I thought so too. XPS definitely wins in terms of sleek looks. the back of the gigabyte is kinda ugly as well... but honestly it's still not that bad. I'll be getting black of course.
>>
>>60618806
>Weird driver issues
Have you installed the driver updates? The only issue I had was the mini freezes which stopped when I updated the bios and drivers.

You aren't going to get a laptop that plays games at 4k so that seems like a dumb complaint to me.
>>
>>60618910
I fixed the mini freezes but the comp still occasionally acts wonky. Still getting weird sound issues and of course coil while. I have literally uninstalled and reinstalled every driver in device manager.

DESU I think 4k is too high for a 15.6 inch laptop. 1440p would have been perfect but they only have that on the 14 inch model and the bezels suck.

Originally my plan was to just game in 1080p due to the flat pixel mapping but the XPS 15 screen automatically interpolates and blurs the screen instead of a 1x1 -> 2x2 mapping
>>
>>60618806

Aesthetically the XPS is far superior. As a day to day machine I would rather work on and carry this around. (assuming you can fix the issues)

Aero is good for vidya games.
>>
>>60618806
Just get a P51 and call it a day.
>>
OP here. is there any chance in hell that the space bar issue can be fixed by drivers? I know it's not likely, but which driver can I reinstall to try to fix this?
>>
You should have waited for the Memeware R15 refresh, or took advantage of the Memeware Clearance.
>>
>>60618988
Sounds like you got unlucky with yours,I understand why you'd want to get something else. Mine doesn't have coil whine either.

Haven't tried 1080p gaming, I've only emulated ps2 games at 4k. Aero is better for gaymes I'm sure.
>>
>>60619348
Luckily I didn't get flashing or screen bleeding.
The driver stuff is normal and happens to all of them.
The Toshiba drive is definitely bad luck though... literally half the fuckin speed of the Samsung. still quite fast though. 1600 read 800 write (sequential)
>>
>>60619451
Mine is from some company called SK hynix. According to their website its 2000 read 800 write so only slightly better.
>>
>>60618806
Just wait for the 4k Aero 15. 1060 is literally 2x more powerful than 1050.
>>
>>60620717
>4k Aero 15
Apparently it wont be out until Q3, so 2-4 months from now. I cant wait that long
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.