[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ - The University

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3384.jpg (623KB, 2000x1435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3384.jpg
623KB, 2000x1435px
Does anyone here go to RIT?
Do the girls really play on LAN parties?
What is it like?
Are there any parties?
Is it a good CS school?

Help me out /g/
>>
>Do the girls really play on LAN parties?
Some do show up, but not many
>What is it like?
Quiet on the weekdays, but very fun. It's basically like /g/ in real life.
>Are there any parties?
If you know where to look, there are parties on and off campus. This is usually where you will find girls.
>Is it a good CS school?
Yes.
>>
>>60614135
Looks terrible lmao
>>
>>60614183
I haven't heard anything bad about it.
>>
>>60614135
>Are there any parties?
On weekends there are LAN paertys
>>
>>60614135

I visited there for my senior year in my career choices class just to get out of school for the day.

>ugly af.
>Expensive.
>Food on campus was shit.
>Sausage fest.

Those were my impressions.
>>
>>60615095
This. Op, if you're considering RIT, then PLEASE reconsider. Wasted 3 years there, ended up finishing my degree someplace else. Shitty school, wouldn't recommend
>>
Who here University of Rochester :^)?
>>
File: rensselaer_seal.jpg (212KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
rensselaer_seal.jpg
212KB, 768x768px
>You go to school in Rochester don't you?
>>
>>60614135
>Is it a good CS school?
You can literally get a minor in Free and Open Source Software because one of the professors is heavily involved in Fedora GNU/Linux.
>>
>>60614135
I had a great time at RIT, they have a paid cooperative program that was amazing and gave me an edge when I graduated, the professors were top tier, and I made friends and connections for life.

Back when I attended they still used quarters instead of semesters which I also loved. I just took a walk around campus a few months back and it was nostalgic, and the labs look much better now.

Anyone saying it's overpriced may or may not be right. It was certainly worth it for me, I paid off my loans within a year and a half of graduating and was making over 150k (ended up in a expensive COL area) in just a few years.
>>
>>60616339
All my friends who took CS at RIT landed amazing positions at Microsoft, Amazon, Cisco or sought after startups. I don't know how it went so wrong for you, sounds like you just squandered opportunity.
>>
>>60615095
>None of these things have to do with the quality of the education or the post school opportunity
>>
File: RIT_Student.jpg (122KB, 850x1390px) Image search: [Google]
RIT_Student.jpg
122KB, 850x1390px
>>60614135
Never go to a school with an IT at the end if you plan on having a normal college experience. Not to be a douche but there are a lot of socially inept people who go to them, if you want a school full of your classic computer nerds go there. That was just my impression of the place and what I was told by friends attending _IT schools. Besides the student body the academics are rigorous af, you better be committed to what you are doing or you will have a bad time.

>What is it like?
Dull, isolated, and soulless. It felt like I was on a corporate campus rather than a college, there is pretty much nothing around it too.

>Do the girls really play on LAN parties?
I saw a lot of unattractive girls and guys, mostly guys. The school is 68% male and 32% female, don't go there to find girls.

>Are there any parties?
It's a college, yes but it's definitely not a party school at all.

>Is it a good CS school?
Yes, very good. If you go there you can count on landing a stellar job. I insulted RIT a bunch but it's a killer school, if you get accepted and care about getting a good job and learning more than anything else go there.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.