[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People still imply that the year of the Linux desktop hasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

>People still imply that the year of the Linux desktop hasn't came yet

-Linux Kernel
-Fast, Simple, Secure
-Popular amongst normies
-Can be fully debotnetted (ChromiumOS)

ChromeOS is the best thing to happen to the Linux desktop. With a little bit of a push from developers it can kill both Mac and Windows.
>>
File: 1490748147615.jpg (125KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490748147615.jpg
125KB, 500x500px
nice games fgt
>>
>>60603755
>Dualbooting
>GPU Passthrough
>you're literally an underage fag because no one over 18 plays video games
>>
>>60603915
>guise [archaic meme OS] is gonna take over the market!
>what about games?
>w-well just install [actually popular OS] and dual boot!!!
suuuure
>>
>>60603729
>Can be fully debotnetted (ChromiumOS)

yeah for now schlomo
>>
>>60603729
>ChromeOS can kill Mac and Windows
>Chromebooks obviously didn't spy on people through webcams and microphone
>ChromeOS can't use anything other than shitty POO IN THE LOO apps
are you retarded OP?
>>
>>60603729
can you install a browser of your choice in chromiumos?
>>
File: weww.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
weww.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>60603729
Too bad you can't actually do anything of value on a Chrome OS device without using the developer backdoor.
And don't forget, pressing space on startup, even ACCIDENTALLY, will reformat your guest OS partition and return it to factory configuration.
>>
>still no software
>>
>>60604065

havent played with the hardware.... whats with the spacebar thing exactly
>>
>>60603729
>Can be fully debotnetted (ChromiumOS)
>
>>
>>60604170
doing anything of significance requires developer mode, and enabling it turns your splash screen into a minefield where a accidental keypress can wipe your system to factory default.
>>
>>60604065
>>60604237
which is why you flash an additional seabios module to enable boot from usb and then install a distro of your choosing. if you're looking for a thin and light laptop to run linux then you'll struggle to beat a chromebook in terms of value for money.
>>
>>60603729
Linux is a kernel, not a desktop.
>>
>>60603729
You forgot:
-0.75% market share
>>
>>60603755
Enjoy privilege checking simulator 2017 gaymer cuck.
>>
>>60604897
Which model do you recommend, fampai?
>>
linux is shit , why i want an OS that i have to google every fucking thing that i want to install while on windows i get comfy as fuck installers that is just next next and done.
>>
>>60603729
You are retarded. I use GNU/Linux everyday for y servers along with my laptop and desktop, and I think that Chrome OS is the worst thing to happen to Linux. Sure its technically Linux, but its really not. you cant install tar.gz/bz2 files and the only terminal is in the web browser. I am fairly certain the only reason google decided to use the Linux for Chrome OS is cause its open source.
>>
>>60603954
>Not understanding the Difference between a WM and Dual Boot
>Thinking Normies care about PC Gaming.

>t. 13yr old Wintoddler
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.