[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rigged

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Sup /g/, just got 7 of these and am in the proccess of downloading ethOS. Problem is, i've been told some gpu's make it hard to set it up without windows10, or linux.
I need some insight on what to do regarding software (maybe some links, since I just find reddit tier posts)
Thanks
>>
>>60601368
why would you buy 7 gpus
>>
File: Untitled.png (37KB, 993x738px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
37KB, 993x738px
>>60601380
Maybe he actually does computing, nerd
>>
>>60601411
wouldn't it have been smarter to spend that money on mining ASICs?

>>60601404
>tripcode generating
>actual computing
oh i see
>>
sell 6 of them and go play a game or something more productive than turning electricity into heat at 85dba. The train left for gpu mining long ago johnny come lately .

Always been a poor idea, by the time the cards have paid themselves off they'll all be beat with noisy fans, if they even survive that long. Thanks for inflating gpu prices for the rest of us users that don't rma a card every 90 days.
>>
>>60601368
Why did you not get limited edition for that extra 1% bitcoin per year.
>>
File: oGWmKf4.jpg (81KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
oGWmKf4.jpg
81KB, 501x585px
>>60601404
>>60601459
I have little knowledge about computing, I just kbnow how to follow recipes
>>60601468
Pays for itself in 50 days, the gpus last way longer than that, about 9k h.
I sell them used to some poor bastard after they complete half life (overclocked ofc) for half I payed for them.
ROI is 10k/y with this specific rig (200mh/s) 1000W

Stay away from mining guys, don't increase difficulty
>>
>tripfriend
>4chPass
>custom tripcode
>real computing
>JORDAN
hahahashcashyfahshahhahahhahahah

You crack me the fuck up sometimes.

>>60601509
Did the math real quick. a whopping $28 a day is ~$10k year. t w e n t y 8.
> buy 7 rx570
> build rack to hold them
>dedicate system to run this 24/7
>have to ask for help on the internet and do research just to get it started
>have annoying constant drone sounds in basement/garage (you do have one right?)
>have to check, maintain and adjust system to keep it going.
>useless if the bottom drops out or the well dries up.
all thus to mine 3 hours worth of Mc'Donalds wages in a 24 hour period?

you have a hebrew bloodline, don't you?
>>
>>60601748
It's not 1 m8, I usually have about 10 rigs working and another 5 ready to sell to someone (but also mining for me for now)

I used to build them with rx 470, but these seem more cost-effective, and It's my first time setting them up (usually 6gpu rigs only)
>>
>>60601779
And I have another guy who maintains them for some shekels/h. If it depended on me, they would all stop working in 2 days
>>
File: YODA.jpg (85KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
YODA.jpg
85KB, 960x720px
>>60601779
>I usually have about 10 rigs working and another 5 ready to sell to someone
You don't have any rigs m8, post a timestamp of even a stack of gpu boxes and I'll eat my words. But I'm pretty sure you're a young jobless summerfag who is making a wishlist. GPU is the same, drivers are the same. If you had done this 20+ times and were selling complete mining setups you wouldn't have had to ask any questions, you'd have posted a screen of your wallet and shut me right the fuck up when I called you a heeb.
>>
>>60601836
>>60601509
I too question if your story is true. Instead of overclocking you should definitely be underclocking and undervolting them for maximum efficiency.
>>
>>60601836
>>60601895
You got me anon
I was just dipping my toes in the scene of things, but I did indeed order 7 of these and am going to build my first rig.
I can make a thread later with it running, but I don't really think it's g related.
And I do plan on starting a business making these and renting space and electricity to normie "miners". What do you think of this? Will the profits stick?
>>
>>60601895
Also, this specific one overclocked increases cost effectiveness. It jumps 5mh/s, not sure about voltage increase, but highly doubt it increases power consuming by 15%
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.