[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mt/ - meta thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 7mt7.png (11KB, 767x767px) Image search: [Google]
7mt7.png
11KB, 767x767px
Yes, one meta thread per board.

How do we fix /g/? Should generals go to a /teg/ - Technology General board, alongside with intel vs amd and nvidia vs amd?

There aren't too much generals to create just a board for those, but maybe a general and purchase advice board could work.
>>
>>60598881
>>60598881
>but maybe a general and purchase advice board could work
That's called >>>/wsr/
>>
>>60598897
Fit /mkg/ or the battlestations there.
>>
File: cute anime pic 0873.jpg (944KB, 1920x1693px) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0873.jpg
944KB, 1920x1693px
Block all windows user-agents from posting to /g/.
This will keep all the /v/ retards out of /g/.
Nearly all of the low quality threads come from /v/ retards asking about purchase advice and easily googleable questions.

I don't even care if they come back with a user-agent spoofer, the fact that they can google it and solve their own problems puts them above the typical /v/ retard who comes to /g/ and treats us like their goddamn tech support.
>>
>>60598881
cancer please leave
>>
bring back desktop threads
>>
>>60598936
Focking this!
>>
>>60598881
/qa/ is busy today. The best way to fix boards is to stop jogging the jans' and mods' elbows, start posting great content, and stop whinging and whining about bad content.
>>
Replace captcha with fizzbuzz.
>>
File: 1485332330809.gif (2MB, 396x338px) Image search: [Google]
1485332330809.gif
2MB, 396x338px
>>60599138
If you want to describe a feeling of comfort and satisfaction, by all means say you are “content,” but using the word as a noun to describe publications and works of authorship adopts an attitude you might rather avoid: it treats them as a commodity whose purpose is to fill a box and make money. In effect, it disparages the works themselves. If you don't agree with that attitude, you can call them “works” or “publications.”

Those who use the term “content” are often the publishers that push for increased copyright power in the name of the authors (“creators,” as they say) of the works. The term “content” reveals their real attitude towards these works and their authors. This was also recognized by Tom Chatfield in the Guardian:

Content itself is beside the point—as the very use of words like content suggests. The moment you start labelling every single piece of writing in the world “content,” you have conceded its interchangeability: its primary purpose as mere grist to the metrical mill.

See also Courtney Love's open letter to Steve Case and search for “content provider” in that page. Alas, Ms. Love is unaware that the term “intellectual property” is also biased and confusing.

However, as long as other people use the term “content provider,” political dissidents can well call themselves “malcontent providers.”

The term “content management” takes the prize for vacuity. “Content” means “some sort of information,” and “management” in this context means “doing something with it.” So a “content management system” is a system for doing something to some sort of information. Nearly all programs fit that description.

In most cases, that term really refers to a system for updating pages on a web site. For that, we recommend the term “web site revision system” (WRS).
>>
>>60598881
make /bs/ for consumer electronics, is simple
>>
File: fat-cats.jpg (145KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
fat-cats.jpg
145KB, 800x533px
>Rehome the generals.

desktop threads are pure cancer and belong on /wg/ or /w/.

Stupid questions threads belong on /adv/, along with smartphone general, /mkg/, and headphone general threads (although those _can_ go on /mu/ but honestly /mu/ is way worse in regards to general threads flooding the board and making it worse so /adv/ might be better). Watch threads belong on /fa/. And at this point /csg/ is just a thinly veiled /toy/ thread with all their obsession over shit like fidget spinners and flashlights/laser pointers

/dpt/ is the only general that actually belongs on /g/ but it's filled to the brim with shitposting and avatar/trip faggotry, so a major culling of that could do the thread and board some good.

>Better/more active moderation.

Overall /g/'s biggest problem is the rampant bait threads floating around and all the off topic avatar/trip posting disgusing itself as "/g/ culture". I get that a bunch of /g/'s userbase has crossover to /a/ and /jp/, but at the same time derailing a thread to talk about your waifu or this season's hottest fanservice harem anime is NOT /g/ culture. I don't care that /g/ used to be an anime related board long ago. It isn't anymore. Posting anime images is only acceptable if you're discussing anything technology related, or starting a thread centered exclusively around technology.

There's also a minor (in relation to other boards) problem with /pol/ spillover. Similar to anime, they roll into a thread (usually Intel vs AMD or AMD vs Nvidia) threads and just start spamming Pepe and the_donald tier insults and arguments about race in no relation to the actual topic at hand. /pol/ is their containment board, so we at least need the admins/mods to _try_ and enforce that if we will ever stop them from completely ruining the site as a whole.
>>
>>60601454
to continue

>Ban greentexting in original posts

If you start a thread that only has greentext in it, or contains the phrases "tfw", "mfw", "yfw", "ywn", "where were you when...", "What did X mean by this", etc... it should be an automatic 3 day ban. Your post should be at least 75% original text (to account for quoting actual sources). Otherwise it gets thrown in the spam filter and you're given a 3 day ban for shitposting.

those threads have NEVER contributed anything good to these boards, and are just prime example of bait/shitposting threads that flood the board and bring everything down with it.
>>
>>60598881
>How do we fix /g/?

There's nothing wrong here. This board is the healthiest it's been in a long time, Newfags think the general threads are cancer, but they don't remember Fermi burning on the dancefloor and how cancerous that shit was and that came from the mods. There are more high-quality posts on /g/ now than ever before and anyone saying different is just an asshole who's too lazy to go past the first page or look at the catalog to find the stuff they're interested in. The moderation has also improved quite a lot, as I see far fewer NSFW images here and the ones I do see are dealt with much more quickly than in the past.

You don't like /g/? Go make a reddit account, faggot.
>>
>>60598936
I spoof random user agents which are sometimes Windows for anti-fingerprinting reasons, so I would hate this
>>
>>60598956
this
>>
>how do we fix /g/?
Well first of all get rid of these tasteless generals and start threads with actual images and not some text macro.
Next get some actual /diy/ discussion going on here, it's the same consumerism "what should I buy" threads
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.