[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you trust this shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Do you trust this shit?
>>
No
but I use it anyway
>>
>>60598309
No, but I once I started using it, I couldn't stop.
>>
>>60598361
This
its convenient as fuck, and it does add a decent amount of security against typical thieves etc.
>>
No I don't trust it but it is handy. Harder to spoof than facial recognition, at least to the layman. Sadly, you can be forced by police/government to supply the fingerprint needed to get in. Or that's what I've heard at least
>>
>>60598309
My finger print is already in the (system), so it doesn't particularly matter
>>
>>60598590
He doesn't know you can lift prints from the screen / case
>>
>>60598604
No I do know that. I said it was harder to spoof to the layman. Your typical person probably won't think about lifting the prints.
>>
The US government already has my fingerprints (Global Entry), Canada already has my irises (NEXUS), so I'm fucked anyways.

If you're doing illegal shit you'd have to be dumb to enable fingerprint detection because you leave latent fingerprints fucking everywhere. The iris detection can be defeated too by a determined attacker.

They basically prevent all but the most determined adversaries from getting device access. If you're willing to use an eight digit PIN regardless then you should probably disable them. If you're willing to sacrifice a sliver of security for sanity then it's fine.
>>
>>60598590
well, if you manage to restart your phone, then it'll ask for your PIN.
>>
>>60598309
No, but I can't go back now.
>>
Less secure than a passcode, but also more convenient. That's a fair trade off for me, but obviously not when security is a much higher priority
>>
>>60598309
Yes goy, you must use this feature, don't worry there is no way the (((goverment))) will have your fingerprints
>>
>>60598309
Remember if you use a fingerprint to lock your phone, you do not have the right to keep in unlocked when you enter the US border because they have the right to collect your biometric data and do with it whatever the fuck they want. It's their property from that point on and if you do not unlock it with your fingerprint you won't be detained, you will be arrested.
>>
>>60598309
Yes on iThings, not so much on shitty Android phones. Android flagships are a grey area.
>>
>>60598309
I trust it to keep Jamal out of my phone, it won't stop the state. I'm more worried about Jamal and easy of use so I use it.
>>
>>60598842
They already have my fingerprints so it's not like it matters.
>>
Excuse my simple-mindedness, but what exactly is there to distrust?
>>
>>60603655
Wether or not the storage where the fingerprint data is stored can be sent to government agencies in order to better track their subjects.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.