[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best uses for a pc that can NOT be connected to the internet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0044.jpg (113KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0044.jpg
113KB, 1000x720px
Best uses for a pc that can NOT be connected to the internet? Besides offline gayming and movies?
>>
>>60594397
Offline gaming, movies, and music.
>>
>>60594397
Being sad and crying
>>
>>60594397
>EE dev station
>map making & spatial analysis e.g. with data you get from GPS devices
>book keeping device
>DAW
>digital art device??
>perhaps many more
Of course, those require some planing and downloading ahead.
>>
Throw into driving cars from a bridge.
>>
Disassemble it and then Use the parts from it to build a clock. Leave it somewhere in public for people to admire.
>>
>>60594397
Offline router.
>>
>>60594397
Why can't you connect it to the web? Did you steal it, Jamalqeese?
>>
>>60594397
File storage.
>>
>>60594780
what are you even doing here?
>>
>>60594809
>taking the b8
Retard, check archives you fucking moron or the gfto newfag
>>
File: Lawarence_Holo_WolfCub_Litter.jpg (79KB, 723x546px) Image search: [Google]
Lawarence_Holo_WolfCub_Litter.jpg
79KB, 723x546px
>>60594397
Can it be connected locally? You could always get a USB Ethernet card or just connect it with some cat.

I use my junk hardware either as a media server (storage, git, Torrent) or as a router. Usually after sticking Debian or Ubuntu on it...

Scratch that, ubuntu is trash now because they abandoned KDE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 134.jpg (99KB, 732x1044px) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
99KB, 732x1044px
>>60594914
Pls no bully
>>
I've used shit machines as music boxes in the past. MPD is great, and infinitely better if you can use it on a local network with clients on all your other devices
>>
Whenever my internet is down I open Custom Maid 3D 2 and have a wank to my maid dancing. Can't post her here cause NSFW.

Only default height matches the camera movements and environment, though. And mods are a necessity, which inflate the game size a lot. I'm sure a /vg/ general has resources if you really want in.
>>
MS-Paint
>>
>>60594397
TempleOS
>>
>>60595225
maybe
link me
>>
File: 1409584.jpg (9KB, 506x264px) Image search: [Google]
1409584.jpg
9KB, 506x264px
>>60594397
beeing productive
>>
>>60597395
the hentai gameg general on /vg/ has a reply saying the custom maid 3d 2 general moved to /h/ due to speed concerns

>>>/h/4632921

so you basically download all the DLC since it's official updates, then you cherrypick mods you want. There was like a google doc with english names for mods I saw a year ago, and the general might just recommend some for fun etc.
>>
>>60597637
my bad, someone actually replied to the guy saying they're in the "Artificial Academy 2" general on /vg/. It seems like the same game, or something. Maybe it's the hot thing now.
>>
>>60594397
No ethernet near by?
Why not just get a wireless card for it
>>
filling up the landfill
>>
>>60594397
Easy

>buy several other pcs
>connected them up
>build your own internet from the ground up
>>
>>60594733
yeah. pictures, documents, photocopies of bills, bank statements, contracts, old timey phone rolodex, word processor.
>>
>>60594397
1. paper weight
2. space heater
3. word processing
4. calculator
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.