[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Text editors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: Notepad++_Logo.png (7KB, 212x153px) Image search: [Google]
Notepad++_Logo.png
7KB, 212x153px
Why do I keep coming back to Notepad++, /g/?

Tell me how it is, I can take it.
>>
Notepad++ is pure and simple.
>>
>>60576796
Notepad++ developer is a moron with split personality disorder who defends terrorists.
>>
Yeah it's pretty nice for Winfags. Kate is better though.
>>
>>60576846
>FEMA NON
hell yeah, we don't need no FEMA camps, fuck the govt.
>>
>>60576796
Because Notepad++ is the best code/text editor available on Windows
>>
>>60576796
sublime text is better
>>
>>60576796
It just works. Doesnt even need that much memory.
>>
>>60576846
Who cares
>>
>Notepad++ is standard editor at work
>Try other editors from time to time because bored and dark themes are leet
>always go back to npp when i need to be productive
>>
>>60577221
/thread
>>
I like it, but lately I've been forcing myself to use emacs
>>
>>60576846
>who defends terrorists.
He is a gook living in Paris. What do you expect?
>>
>>60577178
I'd rather edit binary code instead of using that idiot's program.
>>
>>60577271
Ikr
>>
On Linux there's Notepadqq which is nice. The other one I use is VSCode and when in terminal Vim
>>
>>60576864
Kate is available for windows actually
That's why I've deleted notepad++ from my Windows machines
>>
>>60576796
lightweight, fast
>>
>>60576952
This
>>
>>60577373
I just installed Wine and use NP++ on Linux
>>
VSCode ftw
>>
>>60578233
Did you upgrade to a brand new octo-core CPU to render the blinking cursor without lag yet?
>>
>>60578301
this was only on osx and it has been patched anyway, thats the good thing with vscode, they push at least 2 builds per day (Insider version), there is a dedicated team at MS, and a lot of contributors.

As much as I don't like Electron, MS is the only company that has been able to make good software with it.
>>
>>60578233
this
>>60578301
m8 I use VScode on my shitty u series laptop and it runs as well as sublime and WAY better than other electron apps like atom, as
>>60578329
was saying. It's good software.
>>
>>60578482
this. It has good performance. And you can extend it. You can have anything from a vim emulator to a hex viewer and editor. And the theming even improved more in the last update
>>
>>60576796
because you're not edgy borderline """"geek""""
>>
>>60576796

Notepad++ is fukken comfy.
>>
The sublime and VScode drum beaters are like people saying skim milk is tastier than chocolate milk. You might drink it but it's not because it tastes better, it's because you're out of choccy syrup.
>>
>>60580309
I don't get what you're trying to say. What is the chocolate milk and what is the skim milk in this situation? Either way, I disagree with your analogy. A text editor is not like a beverage. If I drink a ton of chocolate milk, I'm going to get tired of the chocolate milk and want to drink something else. You can replace chocolate milk with literally any food or drink and that statement will hold true. That is not how software works. Most people don't just get tired of software because they've used it so many times, that would be silly. And, finally, as someone who has chocolate syrup in his fridge and drinks lots of milk, I'd say I only drink one glass of chocolate milk for every 50 glasses of milk I drink, so suck it.
>>
>>60577356
>which is nice
It could be, if it wasn't implemented using a browser engine but using an actual QWidget instead.
Also
>using node for plugins
>>
>>60582541
I would say notepad++ is to other text editors as having sex is to not having sex but then you would tell me you choose to die a virgin.
>>
>>60576796
Using what you are used to is usually the most comfy when you need to be productive.

I'm sure VS:Code, Atom and Sublime are much better, but NPP just works for me.
>>
>>60582596
That makes even less sense. How about you just say you don't like editors other than notepad++ rather than trying to make up and ill-fitting analogy?
>>
>>60582618
One of Atom's qualities is that it chokes on large files
Literally stock Windows notepad.exe is better than Atom because notepad.exe can open any files while Atom can open files only under certain size
>>
File: code.png (355KB, 1593x796px) Image search: [Google]
code.png
355KB, 1593x796px
>>60576796
i moved to visual studio code and never looked back

it:
>looks better
>feels better
>opens quickly
>has plugins if you want
>allows you to open an entire folder in it and navigate and edit things in there
>allows you to edit files side by side
>has git stuff built in
>is completely free, no trial shit
>open source

leave it to microsoft of all companies to make the only good graphical text editor for linux

only thing i dont like is how it -tries- to be an ide but fails miserably at that

just used as just a text editor it is fucking godly
>>
>>60577233
This.

For Verilog Emacs is pretty much a must.
>>
>>60576846
>>60577271
>>>/pol/
>>
>>60576846
>giving a shit about politics when it comes to technology

come on
>>
>>60584069
desu I'm TRIGGERED that we still use the terms master and slave in technology. It's shocking that hate politics are so accepted.
>>
>>60576796
it starts up fast
>>
>>60584162
which editor doesnt tho?
>>
>>60584232
If your text editor is a fucking web browser with a thousand Javascript libraries, that tends to happen.
>>
>>60584375
people ACTUALLY use atom?
>>
>>60577608
wow you must be actually retarded huh.
>>
>>60584430
t-they dont???
>>
>>60584486
freal what retard uses lincux?
>>
>>60584641
The type that are too mature to use cuck unironically.
>>
>>60584681
kys faggot
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.