[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Python so comfy, bros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: snek.png (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
snek.png
8KB, 200x200px
Why is Python so comfy, bros?
>>
B/c its a kino language
>>
>>60572548
No primitive types.
>>
>>60572560
For me is the list comprehension.
>>
It's not, made the jump to C++. Should've did it a long time ago, way easier to deal with than python.

>In B4 CIA nigger
>>
>>60572548

Because you are a scaley that fantasizes over a snake swallowing your dick.
>>
>>60572548
Lua>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pyhon
>>
File: brainlet.jpg (4KB, 166x249px) Image search: [Google]
brainlet.jpg
4KB, 166x249px
It's easy to use.
>>
>>60572548

because you haven't tried Lua.
>>
If I had to guess I'd probably say it's THE FORCED INDENTATION OF THE CODE THREAD FUCKING OVER
>>
>Easy to read
>Gets the job done
>Easy in general
>Looks good

Its overall a good language
>>
>>60572548
because you didn't do any complex string manipulating?
>>
>>60574066
>>>60572548 (OP)
>because you didn't do any complex string manipulating?
Dubs confirm
>>
>>60574066

Exactly. I just need some basic regex filtering and library support as well as existing applications. Pretty great for that.
>>
>>60573869
>He has forced bracketisation of code
It's forced something, idiot, otherwise the fucking interpreter or compiler doesn't understand what the fuck you're doing
>>
>>60573566
>>60573715
How is Lua even comparable to other languages
>>
>>60572548
oop is straightforward. the for foo in bar syntax. open x with y. import cum from dick. indentation instead of brackets. decorators. list comprehension. the list goes on...
>>
>>60572548
Just use Perl.

Forced whitespace is gay.
>>
It is good like any other language
>>
>>60574748
forced whitespace is just an alternative to brackets. you need one or the other for the interpreter/compiler. indentation could be considered superior because it is fewer characters when code is compartmentalized properly.
>>
>>60573382
c++11 ?

i'm on 14, been great so far. can't wait for 17
>>
>>60572548
Not made by americucks
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 224x224px
from comfy import cozy
from memes import pepe

cozy(pepe)
>>
It actually differs from the other languages in a good way.
>>
>>60572548
Because there are two pythons, not only one.
... your question is so stupid ...
>>
>>60572548
you can just import the solution
>>
>>60573715
lua is a pain in the ass desu senpai
>>
#script to solve problem i have

import solution

solution.fix(problem)
>>
Because of the way it is
>>
How do I learn Python?
I don't know any programming languages at all
>>
>>60579178
WTF I hate using libraries now!

WTF I love reinventing the wheel now!
>>
>>60572548
It depends from your background desu.

I learned programming with C/Assembler and imho while python does get shit done faster and cuts down a lot of work because of the countless modules you can add, It lacks manual memory management and pointers which just gives you so much detail and control over your code.

Python it's about browsing module's docs other people created while C it's more about using your brain.

Also, indentation on python it's mental.
>>
>>60572548
t.hello world boy
>>
>>60579178
do you not use libraries or something?
>>
>>60581432
I am learning it through this.
https://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/ex1.html
>>
>>60579178
>#script to solve problem i have
>import solution
>solution.fix(problem)
Sounds good.

An efficient solution finished quicky so you can get on with your life.
>>
>>60581432
You don't. When you "program" in python you don't actually have to know how to program
>>
>tfw making your own logical solutions to problems is always wrong because there's always a module that is written in C and can do it way faster than your solution
I love Python but I've come to realized it's more of a googling man's language
>>
File: 0.jpg (137KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
137KB, 1280x956px
>>60573382
You're allowed to use more than one programming language you know...
>>
>>60584387
could you expolain a little
>>
>>60584374
>when you write a simple story you dont really need to know how to speak the language

Are you some sort of retard or...?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.