[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Web devs Programmers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1493334606978.jpg (32KB, 544x533px) Image search: [Google]
1493334606978.jpg
32KB, 544x533px
Are they? HTML,CSS,PHP javascript and alike.
>>
Just implemented a PR quadtree in HTML so yes
>>
Yes.
>>
File: fu.gif (971KB, 239x230px) Image search: [Google]
fu.gif
971KB, 239x230px
>>60570825
There is a front-end: HTML, CSS, JS and fuckton of hipster frameworks that basically doing the same thing but "more innovatively"

And there is back-end:
PHP, Ruby, C++, C#, Golang, Java, Elixir, Python, and different databases (relational and other).

Both front-end and back-end developers are referred to as "Web Developers".

Now you tell me, what do you mean when you say "Programmers"?
>>
File: Back-end.png (301KB, 800x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Back-end.png
301KB, 800x1065px
>>60570825
Almost forgot.
Pic related
>>
File: blini mill.png (192KB, 263x411px) Image search: [Google]
blini mill.png
192KB, 263x411px
Thread a shit. Claimed for kots, post blini.
>>
>>60572410
I was confusing front end and backend I guess,Programmers for me means anyone who uses actual programming languages to solve problems,which to me backend guys have more of that going on.
>>
>>60570825
JS is touring complete.

if you need static type enforced syntax you're a baby.
>>
No. The very fact that you're asking means you have no understanding of technology. Get off the forum immediately.
>>
>>60572889
How many tour guides does it have?
>>
>>60570825
HTML and CSS, no. But I mean once you get into Node.js you start to need to actually know about data structures and time complexity and shit. Then I'd say you're getting there.
>>
>>60572808
talk shit about front end developers all you want but Im sure your stupid ass cant even write a function that returns the sum of all primes above two million
>>
>>60574772
*all* primes?
>>
>>60572428
php is at version 7 already? that's depressing
>>
>>60574791
Thats what they wrote!
>Bet your stupid ass can't either
>>
>>60574772
#include <cmath>

double sumofallprimesabovetwomillion () return HUGE_VAL;

There anon
>>
>>60574810
PHP 7 came out in 2015, and it's great.
They skipped version 6.
>>
>>60574810
PHP7 is quite nice anon. Well, by PHP standards anyway.
>>
>>60572428
>recommending php
reported
>>
>>60576572
getting stung by a wasp is preferable to putting your hand in boiling water, but it still sucks, so does anything php related
>>
File: ohwell.gif (481KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
ohwell.gif
481KB, 499x315px
>>60576584
Agree.
That's the reason of me moving to Golang, C#, Java and Elixir.
Feel sad though, to realise that I've basically wasted so much time learning PHP just to realise how shit it and the job prospect were.

Guess beter late then never!
>>
>>60576614
I'm glad you've realized it. While php is an utterly worthless language it's not a complete waste to have learned it. It's so shit that it teaches you something about building maintainable software since php makes that difficult at every turn.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.