[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DAC Reccomendation to Pair with AMP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: a20_v2_1.jpg (31KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
a20_v2_1.jpg
31KB, 650x650px
Howdy, /g/, could anyone give any ideas of a decent $200 or less DAC I can pair with my A20 amp? Currently I have the Amp plugged into the laptop and headphones in the Amp but I get a bit of static distortion from the laptop's built in DAC, so I'd like to get an external one that would be suitable. I was looking at schitt but didn't know if their hardware holds up over time.

What do you folks use ?
>>
I heard Schiit is good
>>
schitt modi 2
>>
>>60570445

Do you use one yourself?
>>
>>60570457
Yes, no issues.
>>
>>60570504

Cool, thanks.

Do you use USB A to B for your connection to the source?
>>
>>60570525
>USB A to B
yeh, I just used a USB cable that came with my printer.
>>
>>60570575
I gotcha

Did you notice an overall improvement to sound, or does it mostly just remove any static and distortion?
>>
>>60570635
Not really, but it helped remove noise I was getting on my onboard sound
>>
>>60570705

Alrighty, thanks anon
>>
>>60570430
>>60570445

why are you head-fi shills still spamming this garbage
>>
>2017
>falling for the DAC meme
>>
>>60570969
I gotta ask in all honesty, why is it so bad and what do you want to recommend that's better?
>>
>>60570995

This

What's your solution?
>>
File: Micca Origen+.jpg (467KB, 2115x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Micca Origen+.jpg
467KB, 2115x1190px
Micca Origen+, it has a preamp out.
>>
File: 51oMqBNOTqL._SL1500_.jpg (63KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
51oMqBNOTqL._SL1500_.jpg
63KB, 1000x1000px
I use the FiiO K1, it's $40 or less, small, doesn't need external power or drivers, works with Windows, Mac, and even Android and iOS phones/tablets if you have the right cable. Sounds great, way better than anything on-board or any other mid-high-end USB sound cards I've tried.
>>
>>60570445
>>60570430
this is one dedicated marketing team
>>
>>60570362
You should buy some contact cleaner first. Clean up all the connections between the laptop and your headphones and see if that saves you some DAC shekels.
>>
Has anyone tried out anything by SMSL? I can get one of these for less than $100 aus.

Its an SMSL M3.

I just wan ta little headphone amp with enough inputs so I don't have to fiddle around to switch between my pc and my ps4. Not really an audiophile.
>>
Anything more expensive than Fiio chinkshit and you're getting memed.
The DAC is literally the weakest link in the audio chain, followed by the amp.
Don't fall for the shiit meme.
>>
>>60571795
>>60572974
>>60573070

I'll check out these options, thanks.

I really don't need anything fancy, I just want to get rid of computer distortion. I know it's the source, as I plug the amp into my phone and it's dead quiet, so a dac to eliminate these hissy static chips every few seconds is all I need.
>>
>>60572974
Such as?
>>
>>60573093
So you are saying that is the most irrelevant part and that you are getting 0.1% improvements while paying lots of money more than a Fiio AMP + DAC?
>>
>>60573770
Ideally you don't even need a dedicated DAC. Usually running a regular 3,5mm cable from your PC to your dedicated amp will be good enough.
Sometimes though, particularly in laptops, the sound output is contaminated with various issues caused by several different things. Usually poor shielding on the components. My laptop for example introduced an audible hissing noise at high volumes. I fixed it with a $50 Fiio Q1.
Now what you do in these cases is get the cheapest DAC you can get and run it to your amp. Digital to analog conversion has been around for ages, and I even dare say has been perfected up to a point where, at least talking about DACs, you won't notice a difference between a cheap chinkshit from Fiio and whatever military grade DAC schiit sells you for 2500 dollars.
So yeah. Usually it goes headphones>amp (if needed, most headphones don't)>music source (properly ripped at least V0 MP3s)
tl;dr don't get a fucking DAC unless you can hear bullshit from your current sources.
>>
>>60573855

Good post

Would you recommend a cheap DAC that can be connected directly to the amp via 3.5mm, or connected via RCA?
>>
>>60573683
I don't know, nigger. Just go to a jaycar or whatever your equivalent is and ask for a can of contact cleaner.
>>
>>60573937
link me one pls
>>
File: BgzoIzkIYAEa346.jpg (32KB, 598x417px) Image search: [Google]
BgzoIzkIYAEa346.jpg
32KB, 598x417px
>>60574064
>>
>>60570362

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-DAC-ZHILAI-H1-HiFi-Mini-Computer-External-Sound-Card-Chip-PCM2704-Digital-PC-Black-2017/32813323377.html?
>>
>>60570430
I hear it's schiit
>>
>>60570362
Fiio Q1. You don't even need AMP unless your headphones really hard to drive.
>>
>needing an amp
at this point just get speakers
>>
>>60575211
The DAC in the Q1 is shit. I use it as a dedicated amplifier.
>>
>>60575219
This desu.
>>
>>60575219
You don't understand high end headphones. High impedance headphones need to have an amplifier between them and your average source, like your motherboard or phone.
My motherboard can only properly drive good headphones because I got a high end motherboard with a proper audio section. Asus' SupremeFX audio implementation is actually really good.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.