[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best web dev language Elixir obviously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: elixir-vertical.png (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
elixir-vertical.png
76KB, 800x600px
Best web dev language
Elixir obviously
>>
File: elm-logo.png (13KB, 720x290px) Image search: [Google]
elm-logo.png
13KB, 720x290px
>>60569079
for backend...

for frontend Elm.

>tfw you use Elm forfrontend while hipsters use Js + React + Redux to do what you can with just the bare language.
>>
>>60569537
so basically you're using yet another JS framework?

We are the hipsters when you are using this literally-who language?
>>
>>60569079
Javascript on the server, Javascript for the client. Mainly because there isn't any other (non-obscure) language that can handle asynchronicity so well.
>>
>>60569079
Dlang + Vibe is the best.
>>
I really like elixir but I'm not much of a webdev kind of guy
>>
>>60569621
Elm is not a framework, it's a functional language that compiles to Javascript.

It might be a literally-who lang today, but in a few year when everything is a hybrid app built with React and people realize they have millions of lines of turd code that nobody understand people will look at Elm.
>>
File: ruby.png (89KB, 959x833px) Image search: [Google]
ruby.png
89KB, 959x833px
lol, gtfo of my way
>>
>>60569079
10/10
>>60569537
10/10
>>60569738
shit/10
>>60569777
fedora/10
>>60570208
numale/10
>>
>>60571090
Hipster/10
>>
>>60569079
It's great. I would use it for something bigger that a weekend project but now that Spring has officially picked up Kotlin I have even less reasons not to use it.

>>60569537
Elm is also my second choice, but I currently prefer React+Mobx. Also I hate the HTML syntax.
>>
>>60569537
do you need to know any javascript to use elm or does it just compile to javascript?

My brother is giving me a partition of his server so I will have something to fuck around with; I wanted to make a shitty webpage and possibly a meme repository
>>
>>60569079
If it's so great why is it so dead? Why did it never arrive?
>>
>>60571381
in theory you don't need to know Javascript to learn Elm.

But in practice everyone assumes you know JS and you might need to use Javascript libraries in your Elm programs
>>
File: elixir is ded.png (47KB, 745x546px) Image search: [Google]
elixir is ded.png
47KB, 745x546px
>>60571434
>>
File: elixir.png (297KB, 2190x915px) Image search: [Google]
elixir.png
297KB, 2190x915px
>>60571434
it's gaining popularity
>>
File: Nile-Monitor-Lizard-33.jpg (333KB, 1200x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Nile-Monitor-Lizard-33.jpg
333KB, 1200x1102px
>>60569079
Should I learn Erlang before learning Elixir?
Any suggestions regarding the learning material would be greatly appreciated!

also BUMP
>>
nice logo, shit font
>>
>>60569079
Been meaning to learn both Elixir and Phoenix for a while. Used to do Rails back in the day, and while it had its issues, it was structured and somewhat sane which made it like a glass of water in the hell of the mud-spaghetti PHP codebases which were dominant at the time.

Only reason I haven't started is the time investment of picking up a new ecosystem and getting back into web platform stuff (currently do native mobile). If I could just quit my job for a few months to learn Elixir and get up to date with the current state of the web I totally would.

On the front end side I'd probably keep JS to a minimum and use intercooler.js. Elm seems neat but I'd want to keep my toolchain as small as humanly possible… this shit with babel webpack gulp whateverthefuck is insane. Whatever happened to hitting Ctrl-s/Cmd-S/:w in your text editor and being done?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.