[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 49

File: jerry3.jpg (38KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
jerry3.jpg
38KB, 600x336px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first
>>
>>60568836
How do I make MPC save subtitles to screenshots (alt+I or F5)? Vanilla doesn't work, madVR + xySubFilter also doesn't work. (on default settings)
What do I change to make it work.
>>
I'm starting a managed services company. What services can I resell (think AV, Backup, Remote Monitoring and Patch Management)? Should I bother whitelabeling?
>>
got old Fujitsu amilo with win xp and sticker - vista ready.

Put SSD in it
its recognized in bios
installation of windows starts
but when choosing where to install and how to partition
it only creates single partition and message that google might put in english as:

>"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

I checked bios
not much I can set, I disabled AHCI, re-enabled
ntohing
>>
my college offers a course called "unix tools", basic description is:

>Examines UNIX as an operating system and covers the sophisticated UNIX programming tools available to users and programmers. Shell and Perl scripting are studied in detail. Other topics include networking, system administration, security, and UNIX internals.

i'm interested in unix and don't have much experience with it, but is it worth taking a 4 credit course for this or would I be better off teaching myself?
>>
>>60568909
If you got this far without knowing how linux works then you most likely aren't actually interested in learning it. That means that you should take the course as you otherwise wouldn't stick with it.
>>
>>60568836
I'm trying KeePassX's auto-type and it fails to work reliably, often missing a character or some other nonsense. The solutions to wrong characters is to fix keyboard settings, but I haven't found anything on basic alphanumeric typos
>>
>>60568909
>but is it worth taking a 4 credit course for this or would I be better off teaching myself?
I curious in what sense the word "worth" is used here

I assume students in the US need X credits to pass semester
so is the class worth it in what sense?
that you could spend those credits on some other subjects, more useful/interesting?
or hwat?

anyway, unless you want to go heavily in to networking I would not bother
>>
>>60568836
If I wanted to just bullshit around with Linux, what would be the most normie friendly?
(I have a super basic knowledge of Linux)

The PC would be a super old Celeron D tower I found in my basement.
>>
Any university fags seen any courses related to computer network engineering? I'm starting this September and have attended one open day, never met anybody else taking my course or any lecturers.
Please tell me my classmates won't be autistic.
>>
>>60569030
>Celeron D
:(
dont even bother, but lubuntu is light weight
>>
>>60569038
/r/networking
/r/pfsense
>>
>>60568872
Anybody? I suspect it's either easy or impossible.
>>
>>60568961
worth it as in it would be practical and would teach things i would likely use as a software engineer. i.e. not just "self-enrichment", amd also something that benefits from having a traditional class environment (for example, basic programming classes are a waste of time since you can get the same result in less time on your own without shelling out money). i don't see myself doing anything networking-related, so maybe i'd be better off taking something else.
>>
>>60569087
I'm interested in the subject, I'm just worried I'll turn up and be one of three people and the only one who doesn't wear a fedora.
>>
>>60569030
you could get a raspberry pi. They're really darn cheap and it'd be a standalone linux computer.
>>
Plex is completely skipping over season 1 of this tv show,it finds 2 and 3 fine,but skips 1.1 is named the same way as 2 and 3,and it is not bunching it together with season 2 or 3.
It dosent list it in the index at all.
Is this a scanner issue?
>>
How can I improve my typing skills? I currently type like those female typist in the movies where they type with just their index finger on typewriters. I can type decently fast though often times I make typing errors such as accidentally hitting the wrong key. I would like to move on to using my entire hand to try and efficiently type.
Also is Typing of the Dead a good exercise for this/typing in general?
>>
Thinking about daul booting linux on my laptop, what's the best linux distro?
What's the worstbthat can happen?
I dont want to lose 400GBs of pirated games.
>>
>>60568836
Is Panasonic tx-40dsu501 a good tv?
>>
File: ohgawdimafaggot.jpg (3KB, 250x78px) Image search: [Google]
ohgawdimafaggot.jpg
3KB, 250x78px
so is it wise to buy a mobo with all usb 3.0 sockets or do i need 2.0 too?
>>
File: wlan.png (4KB, 374x99px) Image search: [Google]
wlan.png
4KB, 374x99px
so where is the difference between these w-lan cards. can you really ever reach 2167 mb/s download speed?

also question two, do you ever need USB 2.0 sockets or can i mindlessly buy a mobo with all 3.0 and higher?
>>
>>60569536
3.0 is backwards compatible. Stay healthy and thanks for posting in the right thread
>>
>>60569578
The slowest is good - the other two are overkill
>>
>>60569536
2 can go into 3 at 2 speeds
3 can go into 2 and 2 speeds
hope this helps nigger
>>
http://www.viatech.com/en/silicon/processors/nano-x2-e-series/
Is it good?
>>
Is there a good replacement for the Xmarks add-on on Chrome? It's stopped working for me.
>>
I want to sell my body for money, but I don't know a reasonable price for it.

I'm blue-eyed, pale and chubby (plump hips and thighs).
>>
>>60569578
it depends. You will get max 60-70% of speeds stated if router supports same data rates and same wireless chain count. btw first one is 802.11ac 2 chains 2nd one is 802.11ac 3 chains 3rd one is wave 2 unit 4x4. 2nd one is the best option. wave 2 cards is still unsupported or supported poorly by routers and software.
>>
>>60569742
>Chrome

use another browser
>>
File: 1487809082861.jpg (46KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1487809082861.jpg
46KB, 550x550px
>>60569871
k thx.
>>
>>60569774
Craigslist
start at 20 bucks and go up until business slows
>>
>>60555177
ever since you showed (...reminded...) me that division can be spread among all the numerators with some kind of property, I've been writing better code :)

I started turning a lot of conditionals into shorter expressions that use || and
&&
for their short-circuiting properties

since ruby allows 'and' 'not' and 'or' in place of their traditional operators, it makes for some snazzy looking code
>>
>>60569050
It runs Windows XP just fine actually.
Ya it's slow but it works.
>>60569381
>you could get a raspberry pi
My brother stole the pi I had for some badge scanning device.
>>
>>60570007
Forgot to mention that I'm short (167 cm).
20 bucks is cheap af for me.
>>
>>60569536
it's rare but sometimes there are compatibility issues with usb 2.0 plugged into 3.0. i had a mouse that only worked on my 2.0 ports, for example.
>>
What are the real benefits of updating Android phones?
Besides getting rid of the notification.
>>
>>60570518
Security patches.
>>
>>60569904
like opera
>>
File: 1495669199667.png (13KB, 550x108px) Image search: [Google]
1495669199667.png
13KB, 550x108px
Anyone know how to use electrum?

I'm trying to set my fee to 0.003 mBTC (300 satoshi) but I keep getting rejected for this
>mempool min fee not met

What am I doing wrong?
>>
What tools should I use to diagnose shitty internet on a windows box? I'm randomly getting timed out during regular internet browsing and getting disconnected from online games. When I use tracert to check latency to different websites, I'm getting huge response times at pretty much every hop. It could just be comcast shitting things up again, but the problem is spotty enough I don't know where to start looking. Should the monitoring tools built into windows be enough?
>>
>>60569488
If you are worried about cocking up the system, put Linux in a VM instead of dual booting.
>>
>>60570643
>What am I doing wrong?
Using fake currency
>>
>>60570873
>nocoiner
>>
>>60568872
>>60569098
I managed to resolve that, but I can only take screenshot with subs when I'm in fullscreen mode. What gives?
>>
>>60570939
How does it feel that within 1 month you will lose over 10000% the value of your coins?
>>
>>60570963
lmao, it'll be 3.5k by next month
>>
>>60570990
Nah.You fags always say that.Check the history on the price.Its done this before,and it ALWAYS goes down significantly.
>>
>>60568836
which should I use? https://github.com/minipli/linux-unofficial_grsec/tree/linux-4.9.x-unofficial_grsec

or

https://github.com/thestinger/linux-hardened
>>
i want to download my gmail to my computer, purge my gmail account of that mail, and sync the mail i have downloaded with my other devices. what's the best way to accomplish this?

i was thinking about using gmvault, but i think google might also have a backup utility. should i just use pop3 on one machine to clear and download it in one go? how would i share that mail with my other devices? if i had a mail server, i might would just forward it, but not sure if i want another address stored in gmail.
>>
Could Jedi use the force to turn screws without a screwdriver? Or were they only capable of more course manipulation?
>>
If coding is so hard, how come women are doing it?
>>
>>60569473
typing of the dead won't help your form unless you make a conscious effort to not peck at the keys, but it'll probably have you typing words or phrases that you don't normally type, especially if you install other word packs. if you can maintain good form while doing that, then it might help out. fun regardless.
>>
>>60571014
Neither.
use apparmor
>>
>>60571104
App amor is the weakest MAC and isn't even comparable to grsec+PaX.
>>
>>60571075
Only stupid people think programming is hard. Most people are stupid though. This creates a situation where stupid people think they are too stupid to program so they don't when all along they could. Some stupid people become convinced they are smart and try to program. They succeed because it's actually very simple, further reinforcing the myth of their intelligence. They then claim "coding is hard" and that they can do it because they are smart in order to appear smarter than the other stupid people they associate with.
>>
>>60571138
>weakest
Then you arent setting it right
>>
File: z170mx-gaming5-0-1280x1024.jpg (352KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
z170mx-gaming5-0-1280x1024.jpg
352KB, 1280x853px
I have the option to straight trade my Mobo and processor(7700k and gigabyte gaming 5 z170 matx board) for a 1700x and a MSI mortar mATX board.... after literally hours of googling I can't decide there's so many benchmarks that go both ways. as a side note I lost the silicon lottery and my chip can only do 4.8 at fucking 1.4 volts for fucks sake.
>>
>>60568836
I'm searching for an email service, what is a good alternative to gmail ?
I don't care about privacy, my concern is security and longevity. A company that won't pull a yahoo on me.
>>
>>60571221
>dont care about privacy
>won't pull a yahoo on me.
gmail
>>
>>60571221
Microsoft
>>
what means "to rice something"?
>>
>>60568893

You might need drivers for it or something. Back in the day, you needed to install drivers for SATA drives with a floppy before Windows XP would be able to do anything useful with it during installation.
>>
>>60571191
https://www.grsecurity.net/compare.php
Also apparmor uses file path's.
>>
>>60571248

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner
>>
>>60571233
There is a difference between selling user data and server breaches.
>>60571234
I need something that is just an email service without other bullshit attached to it, like skype office xbox..etc.
>>
>>60571253
Buy the patches then,they're only like $200.
>>
>>60571274
Goal post moved.
>>
>>60568893
are you installing XP?
you might need to get the "F6" driver for your sata controller
>>
>>60571248
>>60571272
In context of computers it means fancy themes, fonts, icons, etc.
>>
>>60570155
If you're a man then you're better off starting low. Woman could start around 250
>>
How do i format a photo to make it 20x30?
>>
>>60571476
imagemagick convert
>>
>>60569774
I don't think there's much demand for chubby guys. You could maybe go to an airport or tram-connected mall and try to flirt with asian businessmen?

Forget about this and git gud.
>>
File: o2taNgz.jpg (71KB, 673x352px) Image search: [Google]
o2taNgz.jpg
71KB, 673x352px
>got a database assignment due
>got distracted by programming stuff on google
>lost 2hours
Any tips from other ADHD programmers?
>>
>>60569774
are you a trap?
>>
>>60569381
What I'm doing, seems to work well enough.
>>
>>60570990
>muh bitcoin
It's the same fiat based shit that you guys run from. It's totally speculative right now, nobody buys bitcoin to buy groceries or a car, everyone is investing.
>>
>>60571248
It's like a slang for customize.
>>
>>60571580
No, but I can dress as a girl if requested.
>>
The fuck is the point of the google sync shit?
I had the on to sync all my bullshit and just got a new phone, signed in and its not syncing anything? Does this not work as a backup or at least very least a database of my apps?
>>
So I'm trying to use Nvidia profile inspector to enhance Splinter Cell 1, but i'm not getting anything from it I think, certainly no Anti Aliasing. I followed the instructions of pc gaming wiki https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tom_Clancy's_Splinter_Cell which says to leave Aliasing behavior flags to none, setting mode to override, and no matter what kind of AA I don't get it. I also read around to set the AA compatibility to 0x0000040, both ways I'm not getting shit. Also I tried to enhance it before via Nvidia control panel and no dice. What am I getting wrong here?
>>
>>60571761
Dont use that peice of shit,just do it your self retard
>>
I've come across some CCTV security cameras (they were free from work) but the infrared lighting ('nightvision') is toast in them.

Do they make any kind of infrared lights bulbs I can put outside so these cameras will see at night? The ones I have seen are the kind that give off heat, used for incubators and bathrooms.
>>
>>60571806
they use IR LED's, like tv remotes use
you've been looking at heat lamps
>>
>>60571800
what do it myself? Spliner Cell 1's options are like Low/Med/High/Very High and I don't think I can use supersampling via editting ini files and shit.
>>
is there any program for linux that can me show ALL the possible connections from my pc to the internet?
>>
>>60571910
netstat -a
>>
>>60568836
How good is the CRYORIG H7? Is a Noctua cooler worth the extra money?

Looking for people that have lived with both for some time, otherwise I'd just go read reviews. Preferably looking for someone who has OCd with both, even better if you've done so with Ryzen.
>>
What was the css for removing this stupid recommendations shit that appears when embedded youtube video gets paused.
I used to have it in Stylish, but I changed the youtube css lately and forgot to save that part.
>>
What should the minimum clearance be for an exhaust fan be in a case?

I just installed one and it has maybe...5mm clearnace and I am not sure if tis enough
>>
>>60571927

with a GUI....
>>
Whats the current flavor of the month video player? Been using mpc-hc, is there anything better?
>>
>>60572039
From the CPU cooler? Or from the side of the case? From the case it doesn't matter, and it really doesn't matter much from the cooler either. I have a Phanteks PH-TC14PE in an EVOLV ITX, the exhaust fan is practically touching the cooler and shit stays cool and quiet no matter what. Now, that Tri-X R9 290 is another story...
>>
jesus fucking christ

why can't I just do something like
var content = file.json
in javascript? why do I have to do some fucking weird shit to load a json file in the same directory into a variable?
>>
File: 14956772307241234399946.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
14956772307241234399946.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>60572098
Yeah from the cooler. There's about a 5mm gap (at most)

Pic related.
>>
>>60571205
What do you do with your machine? If it's something that takes advantage of moar cores well, it's a no brainer to go 1700. If regular gayming, I'd stick with 7700K, not worth the bother.
>>
File: Capture.png (23KB, 504x434px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
23KB, 504x434px
I'm mining altcoins with my CPU and GPU and their temps are fine but my mobo is showing 82 degrees for one of its temps. What is that? Is it bad?
>>
>>60572330
Probably CPU voltage regulator circuitry. If so, 82 degrees is fine. If you look with Asus' monitoring software it should give more meaningful names to the sensors.
>>
>>60572219
seriously what the FUCK

isn't this a super common fucking thing to want to do? why are people talking about needing extra libraries or using an xml http request? are you shitting me
>>
>>60572219
json isn't a built in feature of javascript, it's just a somewhat standardised structured text file.
>>
>>60572368
is there no simple way to do this
>>
recommend me a gnu/linux distro to do some torrenting with? im familiar with fedora 25 workstation and would use that + installing vuze but less resource usage is really preferable here

there is no os on that device currently, and it doesn't have to be a live cd. i dont want to spend a whole bunch of time getting it ready either so while >install gentoo + rtorrent would be light on resources eventually it isnt really an option

there must be something perfect for me, no? thinking lubuntu since its "light" and comes with transmission, but might also get slacko puppy and then install deluge
>>
>>60572397
There is, use a library. If only targeting recent web browsers you've got one included already, use JSON.parse() on the data you've loaded.

If you want to load data from a different file, either include it by HTML script tag, or use an http request.
>>
>>60572422
literally anything is fine.

If you want a minimal install with no local usage, I'd go debian + rtorrent and don't bother installing X.
>>
File: Potential rig.png (179KB, 771x881px) Image search: [Google]
Potential rig.png
179KB, 771x881px
Explain to what's so bad about this rig that everyone assumes I'm trolling. The build thread is filled with unhelpful assholes who think I'm trolling.
>>
>>60572097
You should use mpv right away and stop using that other peice of outdated shit
>>
>>60572485
>asrock
You dont really save money when you have to RMA it in a year when it fails.ASROCK is a pretty shit brand, NEVER jew out on your MB.
>paying for windows
You can grab a 2tb hdd for that price,which you seem to be missing
>>
What's the last Nvidia driver that doesnt have telemetry shits? Asking for my 1050ti that I am buying this weekend
>>
File: confused.webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
confused.webm
1MB, 450x472px
On here the other day I saw people talking about getting into coin mining. I'd ask >>>/biz/ but it's more cancer than usual at the moment.

Can someone point me in the right path? The software the person was talking about seemed to be able to work on nVidia, and could even estimate earnings per hour or per day.
>>
>>60572422
bunsen labs
>>
>>60572579
I think you mean minergate.
>>
>>60572539
ASRock used to be a shitty cheap brand, now they're average.
>>
>>60572539
Maybe I have just gotten lucky, but my last 4 builds (this one included) have been asrock.

Only had on 1 shit out on me, and it was after 3 years of use- time to upgrade to an i7 anyway at that time.

They offer close to the same shit as gigabyte and asus motherboards but you save 50-100 dollars to put towards other components.

Maybe I have just been lucky.
>>
>>60572485
Spending that much on mobo isn't really necessary. PSU could be cheaper too. Should get an aftermarket CPU cooler if you're looking to overclock, or if you aren't looking to overclock, go even cheaper motherboard and pick 1700X instead of 1700.
>paying for windows.
What monitor would you be using?
>>
>>60572485
People think you're the fucking idiot OP in that thread... that's not a build thread thats some fucking retard posting how much money he wasted to break parts on 4chan for the lulz
>>
File: tmp_11609-ec1-a-top657824747.png (175KB, 1260x840px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11609-ec1-a-top657824747.png
175KB, 1260x840px
I'm looking at replacing my deathadder with a Zowie EC1a which seems to be exactly what I want in terms of shape/weight/features except for there being no way to turn the LED off.

Is the LED that bright? Should I just bite the bullet?
>>
>>60572485
I am building a similar build as we speak lol. I didn't go with such an expensive mobo.

Heres my build to compare if interested:
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/kwCBHN
>>
>>60572953
You have an 840.You should really get an 850 for the performance as well as not being a piece of buggy shit out of the blue
>>
File: 2017-05-25_00.02.39.jpg (303KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-25_00.02.39.jpg
303KB, 1920x960px
How can I recover a .css stylesheet from Chrome's cache? I found the file I wanted in it, but Chrome made a hexadecimal jumbled mess of it. I'd like to fix it so it works with Stylish.

Ctrl+A of the chrome cache page on pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/meLf1FKU

Save as... "HTML-Only" file:
https://my.mixtape.moe/czgotm.css
>>
File: 1492356273279.jpg (183KB, 700x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1492356273279.jpg
183KB, 700x1015px
>>60572572
Anyone? I heard recent drivers even include telemetry within themselves instead of just shadowplay
>>
>>60572969
Thanks, but I already bought the parts, I am mid-build.
see
>>60572227
>>
My 4+4 pins from my 550 EVGA Supernova barely fit in my MSI 990FXA. When I first plugged them everything turned on but turned off almost instantly. Then I thought they weren't plugged in right so I pushed them in further then I tried once more and it didn't even turn on at all. Does this sound like a problem with the hardware or is it just a matter of me not being able to plug them in correctly?
>>
If I wanted to learn programming from zero, in a sense that even a retard could do it, where could I start from? Does it matter that my pc is old?
>>
>>60571022
Install an actual mail client. Setup Gmail for POP3. Setup your other account for IMAP. Let the client download everything from GMail. Drag your mail into the Inbox (or other folder) of the account you want it in.

Bonus: use the mail client to archive your Gmail to a file for local backup.
>>
>>60573038
It included a service called telemetry, but it didn't do anything. https://www.howtogeek.com/280101/relax-nvidias-telemetry-didnt-just-start-spying-on-you/
>>
>>60573095
Got pics of how you plugged it in?
>>
>>60573120
Start by downloading books from the internet for the language you want to learn, or buy them. As long as you're not doing bloated web development your old computer shouldn't be an issue. What are its specs?
>>
File: specs.png (23KB, 528x438px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
23KB, 528x438px
>>60573262

I was thinking learning c++, I was under the impression that is a good language, for web development I have no idea what language is good.
>>
>>60573205
I can't get a good angle and my camera is shitty. The 4 pin on the top side looks like it's seated about a 1/4 mm above the lower one. Also when I placed the lower one in I also felt the top 4 pin get displaced slightly
>>
My dad bought some movies on youtube and is trying to download them to his laptop. Is there any way to do this? Video downloaders only pull up the trailer and not the actual stream for the movie itself.
>>
>>60573328
try youtube-dl
>>
>>60573337
if ytdl works for that at all, he'll at least need to reuse his browsers' cookies, so youtube-dl appears 'logged in'
>>
>>60571565
>2 more hours
maybe I should turn to drugs...
>>
>>60573313
You may need to do them in the other order, or clip both sides together before you plug it in depending on what kind of plugs they're using.
>>
I've got a 6700k 4.6ghz @ 1.35v with a 280mm AIO. Running Prime95 I get reported temps of ~73c on the CPU and 75 on the motherboard. Are these good, and if not what could I do to lower them.
>>
>>60573189
After reading the article, it's more like "it hasn't" but at least recent updates are still fine. I'm not touching GeForce experience anyway, I only use afterburner
>>
>>60573294
For web development, javascript for client side (+ HTML and CSS markup), for server side there's lots of options, PHP/C#/Java/Ruby/Python/Perl/Go/Node.js, then SQL for database manipulation.
>>
>>60573421
I tried putting them the opposite way but the top 4 pin still didn't fit exactly like the lower one. I'm going to have to try again later I'll follow up tomorrow
>>
>>60573411
>3hours*
holy shit
>>
I use a project from github quite often as a submodule in one of my projects. they update quite often. They do everything every well but the CI process they include isn't favorable to me and I'd like to exclude it. Is there some method by which I can keep their upstream as a submodule whilst excluding a certain folder? (e.g. `/continuous_integration/`)
>>
>>60573430
That's fine. If you wanted to go lower, you could use bigger cooler, faster fans, delid, run lower clock and/or run lower voltage.
>>
>>60569774
You could always do medical testing if you're reasonably healthy. I used to make a couple hundred for a weekend hanging out in a clinical environment. Blood draws around the clock kinda sucked, but the food was decent and I got a lot of reading done.
>>
File: ayy.png (46KB, 989x353px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
46KB, 989x353px
Hey guys.

Before formatting my computer, my WebM files used to have a picture, which i used to use for knowing which WebM i needed to view.
Now, after reinstalling MPC the files do not have an image on them anymore.
How can i change this and go back to the time when the WebM files used to have a picture of the first frame instead of the MPC logo?
>>
>>60573556

Install the Icaros shell extension.
>>
What's going to be my easiest language for making a decent looking and functional GUI? I know C++, Java, and Python.
>>
>>60571761
you wouldn't happen to know of a solution to this lighting issue, would you?
>>
File: Splinter Cell UI bug.jpg (388KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Splinter Cell UI bug.jpg
388KB, 1600x900px
>>60574043
no idea, I don't get them, my UI is a little fucked up but I don't get those red lights, but I do get aliasing

using a 970, using the PS3 HD textures and the ThirteenAG widescreen fix
>>
>>60574098
it not just red lights, just occationally the "bloom" effect persists when it shouldn't, like it's being burned into the framebuffer
it isn't constant, and i can clear it by toggling night vision, but it's a hell of a lot more annoying than aliasing
>>
so my ceiling fan always made a small whirr and click sound ever since I installed it about 2 years ago and I never worried about it. but now I realized it was collecting dust so I brushed it down as gently as I could and now its making a louder noise, I think its the engine. Is this something to be concerned about?
>>
how difficult would it be for someone with no soldering experience to change the cells in his laptop battery?
>>
File: Splinter Cell 9.jpg (208KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Splinter Cell 9.jpg
208KB, 1600x900px
>>60574130
Weird, I'm not getting any bloom, what are your settings, are you using the same widescreen solution as I do? The thirteenag shit
>>
>>60574156
Uhh I'd say pretty hard. I've done a bit of soldering and I wouldn't attempt something like that unless I was prepared to completely throw it out.
>>
>>60574246
yea, are you using dgvoodoo2 as well?
it doesn't look like i can use that, as it appears to only work with dx11, which isn't supported well with wine
i'm guessing dgvoodoo2 fixes the lighting issue
>>
>>60574156
not terribly difficult
the main issues will be;
- low on free space, you might not be able to get away with ugly huge blobs of solder, as they might not even fit
- being too slow can result in heating up the cells too much, which might be dangerous
>>
File: splinter cell 8.jpg (564KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
splinter cell 8.jpg
564KB, 1600x900px
>>60574268
I'm using the GoG version of Splinter Cell, then HD textures from PS3 version https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/740-splinter-cell-ps3-hd-textures/ then ThirteenAG widescreen fix https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#sc

no I'm not using dgvoodoo2, just those things I listed, my shadows are fine without it
>>
File: a.png (20KB, 1104x147px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
20KB, 1104x147px
>>60574287
yea, that widescreen fix comes with a mod which downloads dgvoodoo2, so you probably are using it
>>
should i sell my bitcoins now or wait
>>
>>60574300
were you also using the thirteenag widescreen fix or just the dgvoodoo2 as a standalone thing?
>>
>>60574372
now i'm just using the widescreen mod without dgvoodoo2 (just removed dgvoodoo2's d3d8.dll and the mod updater which downloads it)
>>
>>60574386
and did this fix the issue?
>>
>>60574151
Could be a bad bearing. Probably nothing to worry about unless you see or smell smoke. That said, I wouldn't leave it running unattended.
>>
>>60574438
no, like i said, it's probably dgvoodoo2 that fixed it, and i had to remove it, as it requires dx11, which i can't use
>>
Im looking for a old video out nostalgia and turns out it only can be found in a page from south america but blocks everyone that isnt from there.
What could i do to get it to load?
>>
>>60574313
Hold if you are a gambler. Cryptocurrency, or any currency/forex for that matter is more speculation than investment.
>>
>>60574581
http://www.univision.com/shows/al-derecho-y-al-derbez/el-santo-contra-los-vampiros-vegetarianos-video#rel

I have the video somewhere in a old IDE HDD, but im not sure where is it right now.
Casually, it was on megaupload.
>>
>>60574438
well i haven't found another way to do AA with this game
but you could do it the 'brute force' way... supersample your entire desktop

in linux i can just run;
xrandr --output HDMI-0 --panning 3840x2160 --scale 2.0x2.0

to get a 3840x2160 resolution, scaled down to my actual 1920x1080 display, which effectively anti-aliases anything
the game will obviously being running at 3840x2160, but that shouldn't be too hard unless it's an old machine
>>
I'm cleaning my house and want to get rid of 10 years plus worth of broken and wrecked laptops
however I want to get the hard drives, get some things off them before I toss them
Do I just need one of those sata to usb things?
I'm sorta stupid with computers, also half of them died due to hard drive failures so would that even work?
I guess my question is is it as simple as taking the hard drive out, and connecting it to a computer? Could I then drag and drop?
>>
If a Windows PC is hit by something like WannaCry, is it possible to recover some of the encrypted files or data by taking the hard drive and connecting it to something like a Linux system? I never got hit by it, but I know that Linux bypasses a lot of Windows permissions errors, and I wondered if, since WannaCry was written for Windows, Linux would be able to allow access to encrypted files.
>>
>>60574780
no, attaching a disk to another machine does absolutely no good when it comes to encryption
you're thinking of the fact linux's ntfs-3g ntfs driver doesn't care to follow ntfs permissions, so you can see/read/write to absolutely any file
so... yes, you could read everything, the problem is that the contents will be encrypted
>>
>>60574780
No, everything will be encrypted.
>>
>>60574606
Who would have told searching for a old short lost in the internet would be so difficult.
>>
>>60574606
eh, youtube-dl doesn't seem to support that site.
Use a proxy. It plays in America.
>>
1TB of Dropbox space is $139AUD a year. Is it worth shelling out and using it as a safe backup, since I don't have a backup of my computer ready and waiting at any given time,

Furthermore, for backup purposes, what is a well-regarded program? For the few times that i backup things, I used EaseUS ToDo Backup Free, which packages all my files up into a neat little EaseUS-readable file that then opens up in Windows Explorer. Does anyone here have any suggestions?
>>
>>60575018
Dropbox sucks. They use to delete my music files all the time.
It could be different if you're paying.
>>
>>60575136
Possibly. I haven't really looked into cloud-based storage, so all I really know of is Dropbox and Google Drive.

The only files of mine that've gone missing from DB are the ones that I accidentally deleted and then recovered incorrectly. Lost almost a year of chat logs from my TTRPG game. It was fucking heartbreaking.
>>
>>60575213
Whats a TTRPG
>>
>>60575226
Table-top Role-playing Game. Like Dungeons and Dragons. I run an online one.
>>
>>60574606
i've managed to get a copy of it by;
1. using tor, set to give me a US exit node
2. pulling the video chunks out of my browser cache
3. concatenating the chunks back into a single file

it'll take a little while to upload 73MiB on my crappy connection, mind
>>
Is there any reason why some albums I have in flac convert the album artist to lowercase when converted to lossy? Only some albums from the artist do it, so it does work on most of the albums. Putting in different tags, saving, and then putting in the correct tags doesn't fix it. It happens in everything that uses ffmpeg.
>>
>>60575500
https://p.fuwafuwa.moe/bnfotn.mp4
>>
File: 1234567890.jpg (478KB, 2808x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1234567890.jpg
478KB, 2808x1080px
Anyway I can reset this list so that the devices I use show up? Don't want to just hide disconnected/disabled devices looking to remove them entirely
>>
File: 1463281306758.jpg (81KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1463281306758.jpg
81KB, 640x1136px
Question about VM USB passthrough.
Let's say I use virtualbox on linux to virtualize Windows OS.

1. Does the Host OS needs to have the drivers for the USB device to passthrough?
Or simple recognition is enough?

2. What about USB flash drives? Does it have to be mounted on the Host OS to be recognized in the guest system?
>>
>>60575700
>1. Does the Host OS needs to have the drivers for the USB device to passthrough?
no, the host only needs basic USB support (as in for your USB controller, not the USB device itself, if USB works on your host in general, that's enough)
>2. What about USB flash drives? Does it have to be mounted on the Host OS to be recognized in the guest system?
the opposite, DO NOT mount a storage device in more than one OS at a time, you WILL fuck up its filesystem
>>
I have a Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler. Will the default Nvidia bracket fit 2011v3 motherboard holes? It currently works for my 1155 holes. If not, can I easily modify them to work?

I have I have an Asus X99 Deluxe motherboard coming in the mail, for reference. I believe it is compatible, as listed in this page:
http://noctua.at/en/support/compatibility-lists#socket_2769_manuf_30

I think I have the NM-13 bracket, but don't know if there are any other Noctua brackets that look like it.
>>
>>60575748
What about device that uses USB for connection?
Like printers?
Do I only need the host to recognize the device? then install the needed drivers on the guest OS?
>>
>>60575833
yes, that's what i mean
you can pass through a single USB device, where the end result is as if the guest "machine" has that USB device attached to it, and you install the driver for the guest OS in order to use the device
or you can even pass through the/an entire USB controller, so any usb device plugged into it will appear on the guest machine (useful for things like multi-seat setups)
>>
>>60575865
I see, sorry for the misunderstanding.
What virtualization software do this easier?

And regarding USB flash drive that maybe compromised with malware, How safe is to do a passthrough? assuming the host is Linux and the guest is windows and the malware is windows specific?
>>
>>60575913
>What virtualization software do this easier?
i think most of them do it, i've done it before in qemu, and that's as easy as just giving it a vendor/product pair

>And regarding USB flash drive that maybe compromised with malware, How safe is to do a passthrough? assuming the host is Linux and the guest is windows and the malware is windows specific?
it's good to imagine a VM as being a real machine, because it pretty much is, just in a logical sense rather than a physical one
passing through a USB device to a windows guest is logically identical to plugging that device into a physical machine running windows
that is, it is not safer nor more dangerous with a VM
the safety is simply the fact that the VM is not your host, and is probably less important than the host, that's all
>>
At which point is somebody considered proficient in any programming language?
>>
File: 1474203584429.jpg (133KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
1474203584429.jpg
133KB, 850x638px
Which one would be faster for booting...
1. USB flash drive connected to USB 2.0 port
2. USB optic drive connected to USB 2.0 port
3. Optic drive connected to SATA III

I know SATA III is faster than USB 2.0 but I think the spinning of the optic drive can be a bottleneck, Right?
>>
>>60575018
>139aud for 1tb of storage that the host can delete your shits anytime, you can only use for a year and transfer rate is limited to your Internet bandwidth
Unless a 1tb hdd costs 2 or 3 times that price at where you live, no it's not worth it.
Cloud storage is only good when it's free and you want somewhere to put your clones of backup as safety measure.
>>
File: ZSp8hKX.png (44KB, 758x441px) Image search: [Google]
ZSp8hKX.png
44KB, 758x441px
Is there an easy way to get this to format the way I want?

Setting the new lines to follow a block format and just manually tabbing the first line was the best option I could find.
>>
>>60568893
Get the model number then dig around on Fujitsus site for drivers. Or pop it open and see who made the motherboard/chipset.

You can press a button to search removable media for the drivers during a windows installation. Or you can slipstream the drivers into the windows disk if you know how.

Remember to unzip/unpack the drivers first.
>>
>when I had Facebook
>leave my phone sitting unplugged on my table while I sleep
>dead long before I wake up

>turn data off
>do same shit
> will be either mostly or still all dead by the time I wake up

>get rid of Facebook
>turn data off for the night
>leave my phone unplugged
>wake up
>battery is at 94%

My question is what the fuck is Facebook doing all the time that is uses so much goddamn battery?
>>
How do you swap a new motherboard, CPU, and RAM into a PC without formatting? I have seen a few videos, but the details are not fully clear, and some sources suggest it isn't fully possible/good.

I have Windows 7. I will be using the same GPU and drives.
>>
File: 1486160754675.png (22KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
1486160754675.png
22KB, 370x320px
Need a good epub reader for the computer. What's recommended?
>>
>>60575500
>>60574965
Thank you.
What i had problem was because i never tried an American VPN.
The audio is messed up but this is better than nothing.
>>
File: 1483231557699.jpg (104KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483231557699.jpg
104KB, 640x640px
noob to databases

how do i update a record that already has something in the first column, but i want to skip (just ignore) that column and only populate the rest of them without setting the first column to null?

it's mysql
>>
>>60576105
facebook is a shit
>>
>>60575657
If you want to keep the TV as an option you have to keep all the AMD ones, it's all the same driver
>>
>>60576130
If you are replacing the same CPU while under the same Chipset you dont need to.

But if you change the motherboard and CPU for a different one you will have to resintall windows.
>>
>>60576130
If you replace the motherboard, you're required to format and reinstall Window again, there's no way around that. Ram can be replaced on the same motherboard without reinstalling anything; cpu on the same motherboard, maybe, but there's no guarantee it will work 100% so reinstalling windows is recommended
>>
>>60576303
>But if you change the motherboard and CPU for a different one you will have to resintall windows.
sysprep /generalize
>>
>>60576303
It will be a new CPU/chipset.

Am I able to just overwrite over my current OS installation, or will I have to format my drive completely first? In the case of the former, how do I do this?
>>
>>60576346
Yes you can overwrite your windows partitions, all the files will stay in a folder in C:\ called windows.old.
You will need to reinstall everything tho.

When you install windows under custom install select your old windows partition, it will say there is already a windows install and if you wanna to reinstall without deleting files.
>>
>>60576346
run sysprep /generalize /shutdown, then change the hardware
sysprep /generalize removes hardware-specific configurations from your installation, which will be regenerated the next time it's booted

windows setup does exactly the same thing, there is no reason to reinstall from scratch when changing hardware
>>
File: a.png (70KB, 836x353px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
70KB, 836x353px
>>60576376
>>60576346
and if you don't want to take my word for it
>>
Someone knows if exist such thing? I just want be able to use on my mechanical keyboard the keys from my old membrane keyboard Compaq SK-2800.

>inb4 buy keycaps for mechanical keyboards

Nein, too Jude for that.
>>
>>60576030
Depends how fast your flash drive is, and what kind of optical drive.

A fast flash drive can do about 40-45MB/s over USB 2.0, the fastest Blu-Ray drive can do a bit over 50MB/s at the outside edge but gets slower toward the centre.
>>
What are some good books for introduction to machine learning? I want technical, not popsci
>>
>>60576365
>>60576376
This sounds way easier than what I anticipated. I was thinking I would have to move nearly .5tb of data and set up DAZ Loader and my Windows iso on a flash drive again.

So, all I have to do is:
1. Run sysrep/Generalize
2. Shut down
3. Swap hardware.
4. Boot up. I will receive a prompt to reinstall Windows. Complete prompt.

Right?
>>
>>60576440
almost

So, all I have to do is:
1. Run sysrep/Generalize
2. Shut down
3. Swap hardware.
4. Boot up

windows doesn't need to be reinstalled at all
you just need to install new drivers, you will also need to activate/crack it again
all your software and user settings will remain intact
>>
>>60576453
(oh, and of course, any non-windows data on the disk won't be touched, either)
>>
I recently added an SSD and just cloned my boot partitions. I have EFI. Now everything werks except for fast boot on Win10. It freezes if I try to fast boot and I have to force a reboot to make it boot from start.
What should I check to see how to fix it?
>>
File: confused anime girls.png (20KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
confused anime girls.png
20KB, 186x208px
I have one PC. I want to be able to put said PC in my bedroom and also access it from a terminal in my home office. These rooms are far apart, but I have a network card and my wifi reaches both.

What's the best way to go about setting up a dumb terminal like this over a wireless connection?
>>
>>60576481

-chkdsk at startup maybe?
>>
>>60576497
...where?
>>
>>60576419
The keycaps on membrane boards aren't standard, so not really practical, they'd need to make dozens of different types for different source keyboards.
>>
>>60576492
Assuming you're running windows, cheap windows machine on the other side, run Remote Desktop. Or if you're thinking of using it for games, Steam in home streaming.

Preferably don't use wireless, run proper gigabit ethernet.
>>
Trying to use ffmpeg to stream and burn embedded subtitles into the stream but am having horrible luck getting it to actually work. Tried a whole bunch of guides that deal with conversion but not streaming, so far I only get errors. Embedded subtitles are in .ass apparently but have been able to get subtitles in other formats (?) burned in before, I just seem to have lost the commands.

Last attempt I made included this:
ffmpeg -i vidya.mkv -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -profile:v high -preset veryvast -tune animation -crf 20 -map 0:a:1 -b:v 1000k -maxrate 1500k -bufsize 1500k -c:a libfdk_aac -ac2 -f flv rtmp://blah

I got frustrated and stripped out the part that would try to burn in the subtitles, but regardless I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Help?
>>
>>60576512

>restart
>hit f8 to get advanced boot menu
>safe mode w/ command prompt
>run chkdsk /f for that disk

e.g. for C:/ drive the command will be:
chkdsk C: /f
>>
>>60576544

Wireless isn't my first choice but the rooms are > 60ft apart laterally and on different stories of the house.

Probably gonna get a cheap shit machine and just remote desktop. Thanks anon.
>>
>>60576546
add -re before your input (-i), so ffmpeg doesn't try to encode it as fast as possible.
>>
>>60576546
Ok I found the command:

Right after -crf 20 I tried

-vf subtitles=vidya.mkv -map 0:2

I made sure that 0:2 was the subtitle stream:

Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 640x480 [SAR 1:1 DAR 4:3], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default) (forced) Stream #0:1(jpn): Audio: mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 128 kb/s (default) (forced)
Stream #0:2(eng): Subtitle: ass (default)

>>60576590
Will also give that a try.
>>
>>60576565
just get a cheap second hand laptop and use tightvnc
>>
>>60572080
wireshark
>>
How do I recover a mapped drive password stored on a Windows 7 computer? Previous IT left me without ever mentioning it and I have to access the currently mapped drive on another PC
>>
>>60576425
So nearly similar speeds.
My Thinkpad T420 optic drive died, And I wanted to test some distro, and was wondering what would be faster to run it.

So an ISO burned to USB flash drive would be faster than USB optic drive and cheaper than getting a new optic drive.
>>
>>60576598
you can use ffplay instead of ffmpeg (without specifying an output) to preview what ffmpeg would encode.
>>
>>60576869

I'm entirely command line. It's a vps.
>>
>>60576599
For windows Remote Desktop generally works better than VNC, better graphics performance, multiple monitors/different resolutions to what the host has attached is allowed, has sound, can pass through some devices.
>>
>>60576706
Yep.

Or even better, just go SATA HDD or SSD. You can get a bay adapter to stick them where the optical drive went if you want.
>>
>>60576685
Search for Manage Windows Credentials, Back up Credentials, then Restore on the other machine.

This is assuming you don't have proper domain authentication and are just going per computer.
>>
>>60577035
sure, but is it still possible to attach to the console session?
>>
>>60577043
Won't this wear out the connection?
Because I'd need to swap a lot.
>>
My laptop screen is broken. I can't get to the bios on an external screen. How can I install an OS?
>>
>>60577079
Yes, that's what it does by default if on the regular windows pro version.

>>60577098
Why do you need to swap so much?
>>
>>60577109
There may be a key combo to switch displays while in BIOS.
>>
What is the purpose of humanity?
>>
I have a dual boot Ubuntu 16.04 and Win 7, (how) can I encrypt my hard disks?
>>
File: anywhere2.png (93KB, 800x687px) Image search: [Google]
anywhere2.png
93KB, 800x687px
>>60568836
I've got $40 Best Buy in-store credit, what should I get?
I was thinking a wireless mouse or something for my laptop.
I was thinking maybe an MX Anywhere 2.
Bluetooth + dongle + rechargeable battery + side buttons are just the things I need. Size looks fine too, claw grip works well with small mice.
>>
Is it possible to set up full disk encryption after a Manjaro install? I've got Encfs working but obviously that's only good for odd documents.

Left it a bit late but realised this is probably in my interest security wise.
>>
>>60577132
>Why do you need to swap so much?
Testing different Live Linux sessions.
>>
How do I know if a mobo/cpu is bad if I have no other parts available to troubleshoot them?
>>
>>60577220
Ah, I was thinking you wanted to try multiple installs. In that case, flash drive or SD card is sensible.
>>
Are there any reliable guides on the internet for installing arch on virtual box?
>>
>>60577277
>SD card
I thought you can't boot from SD card reader on T420.
>>
>>60576137
I personally use a firefox addon
>>
>>60577368
That might be okay. What's it called?
>>
>>60577456
epubreader

there's a lot of em but that one was the best for me
>>
My monitor's backlight started flickering (brightness slightly changing) and it doesn't do regularly (sometimes it happens sometimes not). Is the monitor faulty or could it be just overheating?
>>
>>60577520
perhaps you've set the brightness to a dynamic setting and it's glitching?
>>
>>60577461
All right thanks, anon.
>>
>>60577531
Nope, everything's on default and there's no such setting. The flickering can happen even when nothing is changing on the screen
>>
My new gpu is making a high pitched whining sound sometimes. Could it be something wrong with the fan or even an electrical defect?
>>
What's the best way to get an image of Windows 10 LTSB? I've found one site that requires an account to be made, which I'd rather avoid.
>>
>>60577615
it's a coil whine, happens usually when you have a few thousand FPS in menus or simple games that don't have a frame limiter.
you mostly can't avoid it, you have to be quite lucky to get one that doesn't do this.
>>
Is there a way for Adobe Digital Edition not to take any metadata?
>>
File: 1494869565486.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494869565486.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
getting my uni degree in software dev soon and plan on moving to the US
its not an engineering degree though, the closest translation is "Bachelors Degree in Programming"
is that gonna be a problem when applying for visa and trying to find a job?
>>
Will a prebuilt PC with an
>i5-7400
>GTX 1050
>12 GiB RAM
be fast enough to play weeb games like the Neptunia series and the Legend of Heroes series?
>>
what is a free program that lets me edit (copy section, rotate, paste somwhere else) .raw files and save tham back as .raw files?
>>
>>60577931
Easily. Just don't pay too much for it.
>>
do any of the free online texting services actually work or am I wasting my time trying?
>>
>>60578001
no they dont
>>
CS or SE?
>>
>>60577949
.raw isn't a standard. What device/program are you getting the files from?
>>
>>60578036
the fuck is se?
cs
>>
>>60569473
OP said take 10s to google first for a reason.
There are a lot of typing lessons online.
>>
File: Photoshop_raw.jpg (111KB, 329x454px) Image search: [Google]
Photoshop_raw.jpg
111KB, 329x454px
>>60578056
A map editor of a game. The File acts as heightmap. Pic related is what to select in photoshop to open it
>>
(1/2) So I went crazy and downloaded a bunch of DE's. I basically copy-pasted a bunch of install commands from this website:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/65083/what-kinds-of-desktop-environments-and-shells-are-available

From my "history":

36 sudo apt install gnome-shell
37 sudo apt-get install ubuntu-gnome-desktop
38 sudo apt install ubuntu-desktop
39 sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop
40 sudo apt-get install xfce4-goodies.
41 sudo apt install kubuntu-desktop
42 sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop
43 sudo apt install gnome-session-flashback
44 sudo apt-get install awesome
45 sudo apt-get install i3
46 sudo apt-get update
47 sudo apt-get install qtile
48 sudo apt-get update
49 sudo apt-get install razorqt
50 sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt install focuswriter
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kde-telepathy-minimal : Depends: kde-config-telepathy-accounts (>= 15.04.0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
[cont'd]
>>
>>60578177
(2/2)
[THEN]

$ sudo apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
kde-config-telepathy-accounts
The following NEW packages will be installed:
kde-config-telepathy-accounts
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 229 not upgraded.
681 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/137 kB of archives.
After this operation, 825 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 354659 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../kde-config-telepathy-accounts_4%3a15.12.3-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking kde-config-telepathy-accounts (4:15.12.3-0ubuntu1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/kde-config-telepathy-accounts_4%3a15.12.3-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/usr/share/accounts/services/google-im.service', which is also in package account-plugin-google 0.12+16.04.20160126-0ubuntu1
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu7) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/kde-config-telepathy-accounts_4%3a15.12.3-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

So what did I screw up? How would I fix it?
>>
>>60578170

recent versions of gimp support 16-bit greyscale images (typically used for heightmaps) which may work but the usual situation is you're on your own
>>
>>60578170
the file could be anything, an image or just a binary blob from the application.
unless you know how the file is structured you aren't getting anything out of it.
check its headers with a hex editor if any common image formats are recognizable.
>>
>>60578170
convert -depth 16 -size 257x257 gray:heightmap.raw heightmap.png
>>
>>60576235
bump
>>
File: in hex editor.png (32KB, 472x643px) Image search: [Google]
in hex editor.png
32KB, 472x643px
>>60578222
If it was one of those how would I open it in gimp?

>>60578252
how do I recognise common image formats?
>>
>turn off pc and go to bed
>wake up next morning
>suddenly won't turn on

No lights, nothing. I've tried different outlets and power supply plugs.
>>
>>60578322
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_signatures
though seems like nothing matches up.
you could try asking the developers.
>>
>>60578322
post the file
>>
File: 1484706905133.jpg (190KB, 621x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484706905133.jpg
190KB, 621x1000px
What are some things I should know before spending money on a second monitor?
I already lucked out and got a monitor that is VESA compliant before I even knew what that was. So I'd be buying another monitor and a dual monitor stand.
>>
>>60578436
https://www.file-upload.net/download-12517269/heightmap.raw.html

>>60578388
>you could try asking the developers
it's 10 years old.

If I need to I'll just write myself a little converter or something.
>>
>>60578487
goddamnit
all these pomf clones exist and people STILL use file upload sites that have portals and need 10 scripts and 5 cookies to use
this one even needed bloodly captcha!
>>
File: 1424213620020.png (147KB, 265x318px) Image search: [Google]
1424213620020.png
147KB, 265x318px
My uni offers "unlimited" Google Drive storage space. How stupid would it be to upload a bunch of 4gb+ encrypted JAVs? Would they care? Can they even see what I've uploaded?
>>
File: heightmap.png (175KB, 513x513px) Image search: [Google]
heightmap.png
175KB, 513x513px
>>60578487
convert -depth 16 -size 513x513 gray:heightmap.raw heightmap.png
>>
>>60578551
cant see shit if they're encrypted
>>
>>60578487
>>60578580
and if it's not obvious, to convert back;
convert heightmap.png gray:heightmap.raw

(no need to specify depth or size as the input is not raw)
>>
File: 1493157041639.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493157041639.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
>>60578534
>pomf clones
what happened to the original?
>>
>>60578339

Please Respond
>>
>>60578534
Not him, but I used some pomf clones, but either the upload doesn't work or the site goes down every now and then and wasn't reliable enough.
Haven't found a good replacement yet.
>>
>>60578740
it ded
>>
>>60578762
i've been using fuwafuwa.moe for a while now, and it's been good
>>
>>60568836
Whats the best anti virus?
fee avast's popups are really starting to annoy me
>>
What's a simple note editor for android that can import .txt files.
>>
>>60578761
fos reset
check if the ram is seated properly
but no lights sounds like either your board is fried or your PSU shit the bed, maybe both.
>>
>>60578933
kaspersky and malwarebytes
>>
File: 1455368011377.jpg (150KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1455368011377.jpg
150KB, 900x900px
Why is LaTeX so fucking shit REEEEEE
>>
>>60578995
try texmaker
>>
>win 10
>get cherry mx board 3.0
>love the mute key
>use it all the time
>suddenly stops working
>speaker icon is crossed out in the tray
>sound is still playing
>click windows mute on and off
>does nothing
>only muting specific software (browser, video player etc.) works
help?
>>
what is regarded as the best beginner tutorials/books to learn PHP and jquery?
>>
will someone make a new thread?
>>
Best mpv player for ubuntu ?
>>
>>60568836
Who exactly is buying this stuff?
>>
File: 1487430016159.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487430016159.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>60579140
>tfw almost bought this shit when it was released
>>
>>60579119
mpv
>>
What's a safe way to share data between VM and it's host?
>>
>>60579140
everyone
literally just everyone
it's the future after all
>>
>>60579444
I'll sell once it hits 3K.
>>
>>60579553
why the fuck would you do that? It's gonna hit 10k
>>
I fucked up and got 8.1 Pro for my kaby lake build. Had to use it to upgrade my laptop from 8.1 home instead. I have a copy of server 2016 essentials, but know nothing about it. Can I use it as an os instead of 10? Are there security issues I should address if doing so?
>>
>>60579023
anyone?
>>
>>60579565
It will crash when the people who hold > 50% of BTC decide it's time to crash. It grows because of low supply and high demand; in other words, there are ~0 BTC in the market, but millions of coins are already issued. So, when in crashes (and it's not 'if', but 'when'), it'll get approx. at half of what it was at its peak.
Then again, I don't know when major holders will cash out, but I assume it will happen once enough people are involved.
>>
>>60579657
it'll hit $10k before it crashes, easy.
there's mania right now and it ain't stopping till mid-June
>>
>>60579195
>tfw i could have gotten into it when it was shilled on /g/ like 6 years ago and mine coins for free
>>
>>60579887
yea, but then you would have sold it all before it hit $10
>>
Do employers care about transcript record? I think I failed like 5 of my classes so I'm not sure about my future. I heard that internships and experience are more important so maybe, just maybe I'm still good.
>>
How do you remove adware in browsers? Used malwarebytes and some other shit and it still doesnt work.
>>
>>60578177
bump pls
>>
>>60578580
>>60578730
how do I use those? On Windows7 the comandline doesn't accept the parameters.
>>
>>60580437
do you have imagemagick installed?
>>
>>60580271
Ctrl+Shift+a and see if they're a plug in or something.

Check your "Install Programs" list, and uninstall it there.

also pls help.>>60578177
>>
>>60580452
never heard of it, but I guess if it does the trick i'll get it
>>
>>60576453
Woke up and saw the rest of the details. Thanks for teaching me what to do!
>>
>>60571978
Thnaks for nothing, guys.
>>
>>60580604
you're welcome
>>
>>60580458
Uninstalled all suspicious ones. Still having problems. Refreshed firefox to default state, still having popups.
>>
>>60580659
>Uninstalled all suspicious ones.
Probably not enough. Post screenshots.
>>
File: img.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>60580670
>>
>>60580813
and your programs list in windows?
>>
File: 1.jpg (391KB, 1856x727px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
391KB, 1856x727px
>>60580822
don't mind the weabshit.
>>
So I'm at a point in life where I decided to go back to school to finish a degree. I'll be hopping into computer science because it's the only I can get into at my university and I think it is the most likely to get me jobs.

I haven't coded in years and I'm starting on learning python this summer to get me going again. Is there anything else I should do besides basic programming to get me ready? I need to be in school for two years then I can graduate, and if I fail two classes I'm out.
>>
>>60580910
A clever virus could pretend to be a legit program, so I'm just going with the unrecognizable.
>XSplit Gamecaster
sounds gay and shitty. idk could be awesome, but is this one of those things you installed after a pop-up came up telling you you can now have access to a wide array of games like the "internet game box" from circa 2006?

>viber
>qcma
>garena
>wps office

If you recognize all those programs and remember installing them, I can't quite find what might be causing the problem, but I know that (((uTorrent))) after 2.2.1 has a sketchy reputation. You should switch to Deluge (very basic bitch light weight torrent client) or literally anything else.
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software#BitTorrent_clients
>>
>>60581004
>xsplit
I literally don't remember installing that. Maybe in the past but I'll uninstall it now and see if the problem still occurs.
>viber
shit program will uninstall
>qcma
a program for psvita to transfer files. Will probably uninstall because fuck vita
>garena
using this for HoN (in 2k17) so probably legit
>wps office
well I don't have ms office installed installed so maybe because this is the alternative I found

thanks for the recommendation. Will install deluge. Fuck utorrent
>>
>>60581097
poast results.
>>
>>60581110
Done all I could. Problem still here. What the fuck is causing this. I don't really know why I caught this because I'm cautious when it comes to downloads.
>>
>>60581245
Hit Ctrl+Shift+A and check all the areas. Not just extensions and plug ins but all areas that are potentially sketch.
>>
>>60581245
What kind of adware?
Some adware modify your host file.
>>
>>60581260
my only extensions are adblock plus, appchanx and greasemonkey. No services either
>>
>>60581286
Browsing then suddenly opens a lot of tabs which redirects to ad websites
>>
>>60581004
>/g/ recommends qBiTorrent
Do you have a guide about deleting system32 too?
>>
>>60581367
Any browser you use?
Or only firefox?
>>
>>60581541
>qBitTorrent is bad
Why is that? Red pill me, brother.
>>
>>60581565
only firefox
>>
>>60581572
Bad speeds compared to others (even uTorrent 2.2.1 is better in that aspect). I guess my comment was overly dramatic.
It's not dangerous, only perform badly.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.