[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (440KB, 547x364px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
440KB, 547x364px
http://nintendotoday.com/nintendo-switch-ram-specs/

With this in mind, is it possible to now switch the RAM to a higher capacity?

I have a small fan blowing on my switch at all times. Why does it get to 102f seriously...
>>
>>>cancer
>>
>>60568026
It's soldered, idiot. Also you probably got your tendies stuck in the cooling vent. In conclusion kill yourself.
>>
>>60568074
why are you so mad anon?
Would you like to talk about it?
Also a lot of ram is soldered in, not like it hasn't been replaced before.
>>
>>60568026
Even if you could replace the RAM it wouldn't be useful until we get bare metal ring zero homebrew that could use it. All the games will be coded for 4GB RAM, and that will also go for many homebrew games.
>>
>>60568026
If they all have their own Switch, why is everything still splitscreen?
>>
>>60568104
Didn't they say they already hacked it? I've heard some people got it down and even Nintendo said "If you hack it and prove it to us, we will do some cool stuff for you" I don't remember how far ago that was.

When do you think hombrew will be?
>>
>>60568127
EXACTLY
>>
>>60568088
He's an autist on /g/, of course he's mad lmao
>>
Why the fuck did you get this piece of shit? Did you know it performs worse than the wii u?

Are you an aspie?
>>
>>60568132
Homebrew will be a while I think. A year or two max for being actually able to run things. As for the kind of homebrew that could actually make use of more RAM?
I doubt we'll ever see it since not only will homebrew devs be targeting unmodded Switches but also because it could take an unknown amount of time to convince the Switch it actually has more RAM. What, if anything, is going to enforce the limit on software? Is the chipset hardcoded for 4GB? Is the OS itself hardcoded for it? Is it each individual piece of software? We don't know.
>>
>>60568176
I want to know if the switch OS is android based or a firmware like I heard the 3DS is. I heard for a while that most game consoles aren't technically OS'

I think the PS3/4's is. Maybe the X1 I dunno. I should look into that
>>
>>60568208
Pretty sure Switch is based on OpenBSD
>>
File: 1469586732502.jpg (45KB, 455x476px) Image search: [Google]
1469586732502.jpg
45KB, 455x476px
>>60568208
>>
>>60568208
To memory, we know at this point that the Switch isn't Android. It's currently believed to be more like the 3DS than anything else, which makes sense since they're both ARM.
>>
>>60568224
They only specifically credit the network stack IIRC. The cuck license means they get a full, mature network stack for free.
>>
>>60568224
>>60568238
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Switch_system_software

This does make a lot of sense. If you look into the copyright stuff in the user settings, you see like 100 different devs, (or just a million pages I dunno, I just kept scrolling)... I saw apple and samsung

>>60568259
can you explain what that means
>>
>>60568279
It means that rather than Nintendo developing their own software to do networking on the Switch, they used the internal networking software from OpenBSD. Nintendo having shoddy networking software has gotten their systems hacked in the past.
>>
>>60568026
That's...strange. I own a switch, and it spends most of its time docked, and I've never had it get that hot. In certain games when I've been playing for upwards of four hours it'll get hotish and the fan will kick on, but it's never been anything that concerned me.

Do you maybe just live somewhere hot? In the summer my CPU used to throttle before I got a new fan and replaced the thermal paste.
>>
>>60568308
as my friend puts it "Nintendo still thinks it's 1996"

>>60568499
yeah, I have 3 monitors, 2 computers and a stereo that all get pretty hot so my room is ALWAYS HOT. So that could be another factor.

I wanna find out if you can take off the fan or the CPU and replace the thermal paste (if there is anyone)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.