[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I am paying for this internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (22KB, 792x430px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
22KB, 792x430px
>I am paying for this internet
>>
Seems like somebody reseted your router.
>>
>>60566513
I wish it was that anon
>>
>>60566572
Try doing a factory reset, just in case.
>>
>>60566611
I have :(
>>
>>60566632
Pay attention to the lights :^)
If the router doesn't turn off when the signal goes away then you have a shitty provider, or maybe there is interference in your wifi network.
>>
File: 1493456577046.png (65KB, 818x791px) Image search: [Google]
1493456577046.png
65KB, 818x791px
Check the settings on our modem, not your router. I had shit like this happening with Comcast a while back, and it turns out that their signal coming from the pole was way too weak.

The modem IP is going to be different from the router's, and you'll probably need to look up what the default value is. For instance, on my local subnet of 192.168.1.1, my modem has a static address of 192.168.100.1.

It might look something like pic related. The SNR and power are what you should be concerned about. Read up on what "acceptable" values should be, and then call and complain to your ISP.

That is, assuming you have cable internet. All of this is assuming that.
>>
>>60566818
Everything seems to appear fine from what I know. I'm paying for 100mbs but getting internet that works 30% of the time.
>>
>>60567185
Do you actually get 100mbps when its working?
>>
>>60567207
I get around 60mbps, honestly I'm fine with that. I just want it to work consistently.
>>
>>60567207
Never do. Even had to get some one to reinstall the wiring around my neighborhood. Still barely get up to 60mbps. It depends how close you are to the access point.
>>
>>60567244
If you have the means, I'd try purchasing a new modem. Take it back if it doesn't fix the problem.

Other than that, try pinging another device on your network. If you get similar timeouts, your router is fucked.
>>
>>60567287
Any recommendations for routers?
>>
Usually these kinds of problems are related to the signal.

I had similar issues few years back and had to call a technician to check that shit.
>>
>>60567287
I have a three routers and use them as extenders. the are fairly new and have them using ddwrt. Its the modem, but twc charges for using their built in wifi. I can go buy with 60mbps. I'm mostly streaming with 4 devices connected.
>>
>>60566495
Yeah because this totally isn't easy to fake by turning an interface up/down or by removing a temporary firewall rule
>>
>>60567298
Well, personally, I have that linksys $300 one, because I'm excessive. Honestly, anything that costs 60 or more bucks should get the job done.

>>60567395
You lead an interesting life, anon.
>>
>>60567306
OP try this. Something very similar happened to me when my ISP first installed my connection. I sent them an email about it and it was fixed soon after.
>>
>>60566572
:(
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.