[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heresy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Hi, /g/

Will I be burned at the stake for installing Windows 10 on my SSD/Desktop? Windows 7 has been giving me shit recently, and I cannot afford to tinker with Gentoo until after the term ends.

Here's my reasoning for installing windows 10 pro:
>Directx 12
>Runs LoL and a few others natively
>slightly better optimization than w7

Here's what I/we hate about w10:
>micro$oft
>telemetry(even though it's just tracking how the system is being used)
>limited on desktop customization
>not gentoo

Here's how I will redeem myself:
>get a Thinkpad with a i7 processor and install new stuff, plus gentoo

PLEASE DON'T THROW THE FIRE!
>>
>>60566490
You will be burned at the stake for being a massive sodomite.
>>
>Directx 12
how is that a reason
any game coming out worth playing also supports vulkan and older directx
eventually they will all either be vulkan or both, dx12 win10 monopoly isn't going to happen. the industry won't let it.
>>
>>60568862
A better question would be why he expects DX12 to see any relevant implementation within the next few years, when the few rare positive graphs stemming from it come from unfinished and unstable beta or alpha stage games where crazy telemetry is a norm and not a sign of anything (like Hitman for example).

Even if DX12 does have relevance, these days new games are less and less exclusive to Windows, and more and more present on MacOS and Linux; which are better alternatives to Win10 while keeping Win7 sandboxed in the back for old games.
>>
>>60566490
You'll be fine; do it.
>>
>>60566490
Use another version of GNU+linux if you don't want to fuck around with gentoo.
>>
Why the fuck cant you do what you want? Do you need group of anons from image board to dictate your life and approve/dissaprove everything you do?

Holy fuck, if Win10 suit your needs, install it, its not like Stallman himself will burst into your house, inject his mighty interjection inside your case, blow it to pieces, declare "ITS ALL GNU NOW" and leve, if you dare to install something else than Gentoo.

I know this is joke thread, but some people really think like that. And thats scary.
>>
>>60568976
But you should always use software that respects your freedom unless your at risk of death.
>>
>>60569015

You should always use the software that fits the task/needs the best. Its just a tool.
>>
>>60569118
Freedom is more important than funtionality. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for freedom.
>>
>>60569193

>Hello, good sir. Do you have a time to talk about Freedom and our Linux Witness movement?
>>
Just use an easy distro.
>>
>>60569260
*GNU+linux or as I have recently taken to calling it GNU with Linux.
>>
>>60568862
>>60568922
I wanted to use directx 12 because it offers excellent optimization, as I play quiet abit amount of games.

What are alternatives to notepad++ on linux? Isn't c# limited to Windows?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.