[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Block Chain internet ??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: dims.jpg (155KB, 1400x770px) Image search: [Google]
dims.jpg
155KB, 1400x770px
some company is making internt with the same technology as bitcoins.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/24/blockstacks-decentralized-browser-bitcoin-blockchain/

>Now a startup called Blockstack is relying on the technology to power its decentralized browser that runs without existing infrastructure. It's similar to Bittorrent's Project Maelstrom browser in that it loads websites from peers instead of from servers, which can protect your privacy and safety online.

>To note, Blockstack is actually a browser add-on, not a standalone browser: after you install it, you can load it on Chrome (like what I did in the image above), Firefox or Safari. Its current iteration is pretty empty, and unless you're a hardcore fan of decentralized internet or Silicon Valley, it might not appeal to you just yet. The version you can download today was created with developers in mind, so they can easily make applications for the browser that you can use later.

>"I can't think of any browser that's come out that does all these things and allows the developer to just be plugged in and build an application without having to worry about any servers, worry about any databases, worry about building any identity management system. Just 400 lines of code -- boom -- you have a decentralized Twitter."

also fuck the captcha
>>
>>60558421
how would this even work. you can put all the information on the block chain. it would be huge.
>>
>>60558421
>runs without existing infrastructure
>loads websites
>is a browser add on
If they were using something like license-free radio modems and mesh networking it would be something, but this is a big nothingburger.
>>
Blockchain is the latest industry vaporware buzzword.

Everyone in finance is talking about it.

The concept has merits but at the end of the day its a pack of neckbeards looking for relevance.
>>
File: 1399549451119.png (324KB, 524x698px) Image search: [Google]
1399549451119.png
324KB, 524x698px
I was going to make a thread about this

https://blockstack.org/blog/introducing-the-blockstack-browser-a-gateway-to-a-new-decentralized-internet

This is the site that is doing it. The site is being shilled by Fred Wilson, the guy who invested in Twitter and a bunch of other web 2.0 companies (he is Union Square venture capital, so he is the money behind web 2.0). This thing will become huge.

Additionally, Fred is a huge bull on cryptocurrency.
>>
We already had ZeroNet, why reinvent the wheel?
>>
So they are creating another drug/pedo haven basically?
>>
>>60560464
You have something against illegal substances? That's not very open-minded of you.
>>
>>60559941
>The site is being shilled [...] This thing will become huge.
That's not how it works, anon. Many, many investments fail.
>>
>>60560464
>Anything I don't think is conventional is for pesos and druggies hurt durr

Go pretend being a retard somewhere else
>>
>>60558421
More like botstack lmao
>>
>>60560530
Chilla nigga, I was just being facetious.
>>
File: Question.png (76KB, 335x320px) Image search: [Google]
Question.png
76KB, 335x320px
Bump cause interesting.
I know there are alternative like I2P. I don't really know the benefits of one over the other.
>>
>>60558421
naw dude, ethereum with swarm will be web3, it has more companies and money behind it than this shit ever will.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.