[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I just got some free money and I'm looking at renewing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: macbook_pro_2016_lead.jpg (748KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
macbook_pro_2016_lead.jpg
748KB, 1200x900px
Hey /g/, I just got some free money and I'm looking at renewing my laptop. 2016 13" MBP (without Touchbar, who needs that faggy shit) caught my eye. A few thoughts:
>nice design
>my last experience with MacOS was quite pleasant, if anything that might be the main reason I'm attracted to it.
>MBP are generally known for good battery life, although I hear the late 2016 models went down quite a bit in that department
>new keyboard seems fucking horrible in terms of feedback
>this specific model is "reasonably" priced at least compared to other Apple products: about 1500 jewros.
Its main purpose would be for class shit and working on-the-go (finishing a CS master's degree next year, so it's gonna be internship galore).
Anyone have it? Is it good, is it shit, would my money be better spent somewhere else?
>>
pliz raspund
>>
>>60545896
Wait for WWDC. They're going to slash prices. I'm waiting for it too. Going to grab either a 13inch no touchbar or an updated Air.
>>
Xps 13 maybe?
>>
>>60546004
Yeah that was kinda what I thought, when's WWDC again?
>>60546007
It does look quite tasty but I think I'd rather get away from Windows for my portable machine.
>>
If you don't mind having a processor that's a bit weaker, I'd recommend the 2015 mbp, the keyboard is much better.
>>
>>60546025
June 5th. Apple prices change immediately if you buy directly from them.
Also if you're going for Windows get a Thinkpad t470 instead of the meme Dells and HPs.
>>
>>60545896

Just pick up the 2015 model. Everything you wanted with better battery life, a reasonable port selection and without the truly horrific keyboard.

If the XPS13/15 ran OSX perfectly without some horrible issue I would do that instead.
>>
>>60546059
Aight I guess I'll just wait for that then, thanks buddy.
>>
Buy a used 2015 model or wait till WWDC for the new models to get announced
Apple knows no one likes the touch bar so they'll probably dump it in a year or two
>>
>>60546108
I think the touch bar would be pretty good if they embedded the taptic engine underneath
>>
>>60546025
Ya they're pretty good but I'd personally get a 15" laptop, 13" just seems too small for me, but if you like that then go for it I guess.

What I'd actually do is get something like a chromebook for $200-$300, then use the rest to build yourself a very respectable gaming pc that will run everything on high or ultra for the next 3-5 years depending on how much graphics really improve (we've kind of hit a wall where more improvements just send us spiraling into uncanny valley).

That way you can do all your laptop things on your laptop, but still have a capable machine if you want to do something a little more involved.
>>
>>60546007
I had an XPS 13 for a while. The trackpad is horrible. If you click it in some specific ways, your cursor will freak out. There is a lag, for some reason, when you tap the trackpad. Even when you turn off tap to drag. Also there's Windows 10. Other than that, the XPS is great.

Now I have a totally base line 2016 MBP. I have no complaints so far. The battery life is pretty good. Oh, that's another thing. You can't put the XPS to sleep without it draining battery. You have to put it on "hibernate" when you close the lid, which takes just as long as turning it on from it being off. I looked it up and everybody says it's an SSD problem but the new MBP doesn't have that issue so I dunno what's up with that.

The new MBP does have a shitty keyboard, though. It's not awful, it's just that everything else about it is good except the keyboard. Go try it at a store or something.

If you're actually gonna buy one though check eBay out. I got one new for $1279. They're actually pretty cheap on there if you just watch ebay.
>>
>>60546209
I would do that but I already built a gaming PC a few months back and I definitely don't need an upgrade heh.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.