[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Has anyone tried this out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

>Has anyone tried this out?
>>
no but it's shit because /g/ said so
>>
No. Nobody has ever tried it out.
>>60543808
/g/ says so for a reason
>>
no but it's probably shit because /g/ said it was good
>>
>>60543804
I don't mean to be that guy, but you should stop abusing the meme arrows like that.
It makes it extremely obvious that your new.
>>
>>60543804
>The devs that have kept Vala alive so far.
>>
>>60543867
I don't get the Gala hate, it's a language that works well for what it was designed for, making GTK3 applications
>>
>>60543949
Coming from C#, the language is a meh copy, but that is not the pain point.
The major problem is that once you want to inherit/create your own widget from scratch the special watchamacallits aren't documented anywhere.
The lack of (recent) documentation is more of a GTK problem, it's more that it gets worse when using it with language bindings for an underdocumented language.
>>
Because it's basically Ubuntu with another theme.
>>
Themed Ubuntu with asshole maintainers that are crying because they are not getting paid for something they make available for free.
>>
>>60543804
Yes. Looks amazing OOTB, but unfortunately it isn't not nearly as stable as it tries to show.
>>
>looks like cheap OSX clone
>incredibly buggy and unstable
>no consistency cuz only the preinstalled applications fit into the look, anything else you install will look horribly out of place
>not very customisable in comparison to most other Ubuntu based distros

yes, it's shit
>>
>>60543804
I did on initial release. There was a lot of hype and shilling for it back then. Turned out to be shit, never went back, never will.
>>
unstable and shit theme imo
>>
>>60544145
>>60544173
Retards, it's not just a theme, it's a custom DE, all the preinstalled applications are custom built
>>
>>60543804
If you want to change anything about the DE, you will need to do 10 different workarounds and even then it will probably crash. The main dev even said not to do any customization to the DE, because it's not built for it.

The OS itself is literally Ubuntu with shittier default programs. There are better distributions out there.
>>
>>60545273
/thread
>>
>>60543804
I made it.
And it's a pure shit
>>
>>60543804
It's ok for newbies, but too restricted for more Linux advanced users. Fairly fast and responsive.
>>
>>60543815
>Buggy, slow, ugly
>no reason
K man.
>>
>>60546089
>>/g/ says so for a reason
>no reason
What in the actual fuck is reading comprehension, right?
>>
File: 1493526829808.png (30KB, 1010x870px) Image search: [Google]
1493526829808.png
30KB, 1010x870px
Its probably fine.
>>
>>60543804
I install 0.4.1 and it is great(support the store guys please)
>>
>>60543804
I did some years ago. It tries really hard to be OS X but it just falls short. This distro was actually the final reason I got a Mac. As I said, a few years have gone by so it's probably better, but with Desktop FOSS, you get fucking awful regressions every other year.

>>60544138
>The lack of (recent) documentation is more of a GTK problem
This, since fucking ever. This is why I prefer to use QT over GTK
>>
>>60546430
>(support the store guys please)
Don't get your hopes up my friend

https://youtu.be/SMKeWTVYBUo?t=1251
>>
>>60543804
Yes buggy as hell, dumped it after two days
>>
>>60543804
Whom are you quoting
>>
>>60543804
just install os x
>>60546631
my impressions were basically this. It tries so hard to be os x that its not funny.
>>
>>60546792
i love this guy
>>
>>60543804
Jew/Linux?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.