[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is IT really dying ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: lain sitting down.gif (1022KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
lain sitting down.gif
1022KB, 500x355px
i plan on majoring in It and I'm wondering if this is a good idea or not, is the pajeet thing a meme or is it real ?
>>
most of /g/ cannot get a job because they're autistic morons with ZERO social skills (and programming skills for that matter).

They blame their unemployment on pajeet, when in reality it's just because they're fuckboys and employers want nothing to do with these losers.
>>
File: homeserver.png (228KB, 353x297px) Image search: [Google]
homeserver.png
228KB, 353x297px
It's real to a certain extent. If you can do your job remotely from anywhere then you can be outsourced quite easily. I worked with a company once who outsourced all their networking to Egypt. What a cluster fuck that was to work with them.
>>
>>60540980
this this this all of this
>>
>>60540980
>implying
I can fizzbuzz in haskell and brainfuck. Can your average codemonkey do that? Thought not.
>>
I'm getting a cs degree but desu all I want is a comfy IT job

I don't want this to die
>>
>>60540926
IT is going to get outsourced in the west. In Seattle a lot of entry level work for IT pays just $15/hour. Shit is ridiculous.
>>
End users are still retarded as fuck
I think smart phones actually made people worse with technology
>>
>>60540926
The fad died down. You can still get it but it's a lot harder than during the 80s.
>>
>>60540926
No. Only reason for that thinking is retards gut the budget and go for IT first then lol sorry guys we got hacked we need more ITs actually
>>
>>60541001

> what a cluster fuck that was to work with them

In your experience do companies that do this actually last though? What I mean is that outsourcing the internal processing and data handling to people not even in your country seems like something a company does when they're running out of ideas of what to cut to make money so they do somethinf drastic like cutting their IT department.

If the company lasts though, how often do they switch back? They have to realize just how expensive it is to run anything internationally, even call centers. But regardless, what about security? I mean, I assume businesses that do this probably update their software and hardware maybe once every 10 years or so? How often are these companies comprimised?

I mean, if IT dies, then you're gonna have a lot of people with a lot of know how who will probably get money from your company one way or the other.
>>
>>60540926

Getting into any tech field is sketchy at best. One moment you may be pulling in six figures. The next, everything you know is now useless.

The tech I studied in college was supposed to be the fastest growing job. Then it fell off a cliff in that same time frame. Two years later, deadest job field according to Monster.com

Set me back a decade in time and money. I consider myself lucky. Many I know will be in slave debt for decades.
>>
>>60540926
India is real today. Then it moves to another country before being devoured by AI.
>>
I think infosec is dying though.
>>
>>60540926
Yes.
>>
>>60540926

Yes op, IT is fucking DESIGNATED.

Go EE get some of that sweet embedded lovin at spacex, ratheon, lockheed martin etc.
>>
>>60540926
There are a lot of Indians here lol
I'm a system analyst
But I'm be honest I met a 9/10 Indian girl the other day.
Of course I didn't say much to her.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.