[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when programs were sexy, and actually had effort put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: large1.jpg (74KB, 716x582px) Image search: [Google]
large1.jpg
74KB, 716x582px
Remember when programs were sexy, and actually had effort put into their UI? Now it's all flat basic shapes and colors designed in fucking PowerPoint.
>>
File: 14649893743751.jpg (96KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
14649893743751.jpg
96KB, 840x700px
>Kaspersky 2009
*Nostalgia hits hard*
>>
>>60540757
That looks like some garbage ricer shit from DeviantArt. Fucking hideous lmao
>>
>>60540757
I can and have written browser based javascript apps that look better than that.
>>
>>60540769
OP here. Worked on a computer today with Kaspersky 2009 on it, and thought "wow I didn't know they used to make it so sexy". At least EST still looks the same.
>>
File: AVG Free 7.5.gif (52KB, 450x327px) Image search: [Google]
AVG Free 7.5.gif
52KB, 450x327px
Remember when AVG wasn't adware?
>>
>>60540866
You mean when it still sucked and always has sucked?

Yes, I remember. I also remember how it bluescreen'ed PC's randomly and would find it the one thing that would make PCs feel sluggish as hell.

Since 2003/2004 I've been seeing nothing but problems with AVG in performance and stability, and that has never changed.

I whole-heartedly believe that AVG's shit performance gave rise to the "no AV is best" meme.
>>
>>60541044
>I'm making stuff up on the internet
>Oh boy here I go again!

AVG was no worse than anything else (Norton aside, although I'm sure you're hipster enough to say something about it not being bad for you at all or whatever)
NOD32 was solid.
I miss when UI design was... simple.
>>
File: nod32_v2_1.png (66KB, 648x447px) Image search: [Google]
nod32_v2_1.png
66KB, 648x447px
Back in the day this was king
>>
>>60541064
You SAY that, but I dare you to setup a single core VM of windows xp, grab an old version of AVG and an old version of Avast! (back when it looked like a music player) and compare the performance in the VM to understand the kind of shit I had to deal with.

I lived through this shit, I don't HAVE to make it up.

AVG has always offered the worst performance I've seen in an AV suite, and I'm including Norton (though not by much)

That hasn't changed at all, ever. Bitdefender, Comodo, Avast, Avira, NOD32 (used to be so stupidly fast, but its lead is far smaller today,) Kaspersky (though current Kaspersky performs pretty bad,) all offer faster performance.

I test it twice a year along with other AV programs, so I know that while AVG isn't as slow or unstable as it used to be, it's still far behind the competition.

I'm always willing to give AVG a chance as I harbor no hate towards the program or its makers; I am simply being practical.
>>
I loved Windows 7's glass aesthetic. I hate all this flat shit.
>>
>>60541236
>>60541249
fuck yes, THIS is what I'm talking about! That shit used to be so fucking fast.

It's still pretty fast, but its not as good as it used to be due to complexity.
>>
>>60540757
shut the fuck up old man
>>
>>60540757
Remember when programs had more effort put into how well they work than how well they look?
didnt think so.
>>
>>60540757
>sexy, and actually had effort put into their UI?
Pic unrelated?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.