[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Facebook Privacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: CBt64Qk.jpg (516KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
CBt64Qk.jpg
516KB, 1680x1050px
I use Facebook because it's part of my work now. I'm a video producer and a lot of my clients have found me on FB. My profile barely has anything personal about me, but I do use it a lot to chat with my friends.

I've been avoiding FB app and Messenger ever since they came out due to the rumors that they use the mic to analyse what goes on to target ads at users, and other privacy reasons. But I've been thinking... I already have Whatsapp and Skype on my phone, and the phone isn't unlocked (S7), so it's not like I'm really having a high-privacy digital life.

My question is, am I being overly paranoid for not using FB app and messenger? I generally hate FB's business practices, but I have to admit, it will be convenient to use their apps.

Care to share your thoughts /g/?
>>
You use Android so like it matter anyway
>>
>>60539793
The botnet is already miles up your ass
Rip your privacy, it was gone right when you downloaded Whatsapp or Skype
>>
>>60539793
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/10932534/Facebook-conducted-secret-psychology-experiment-on-users-emotions.html
>>
>>60539983
>>60539954
>>60539917

Ok, what do?
My job depends on shit like Skype and Whatsapp.
>>
File: 8567463353.jpg (81KB, 504x630px) Image search: [Google]
8567463353.jpg
81KB, 504x630px
One last bump
>>
>>60539793
just detach the microphone from the board inside your phone and you shouldnt have to worry about that
>>
It's simple, if you don't want to be used as chattel then don't use FB or any other service that uses you as a worthless piece of shit that's good for nothing but taking money from.
I've personally never had a FB account before and I'm doing quite well (3d animator, vfx artist for hire).
>>
>>60540481

Ok but even some celebrities have FB, and even FB app on their phones.
>>
File: annoyed looking cait.jpg (106KB, 632x799px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed looking cait.jpg
106KB, 632x799px
>>60539793

>Facebook
>Privacy

Choose one senpai, cant have both.
>>
>>60540095
GPG, tell them how to email, unlock phone, flash lineage, install f-droid, install K9-Mail, ..., profit. They'll understand, unless you do shit like weddings and so.
>>
Just use email + phone number. It will already filter out a lot of idiots and make you appear more professional
>>
You can also use alternative Facebook apps. I use swipe for Facebook, mainly because it doesn't drain the battery like the stock app does.
>>
>>60539793

Not missing much by not using the apps. They are absolute shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.