[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dubai: “World’s First Operational Robocop” Hits the Streets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: TRUNEWS.com.jpg (24KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
TRUNEWS.com.jpg
24KB, 450x253px
Robots are incredible. But, one area that seems to go unnoticed is as artificial intelligence becomes smarter and more human like it is no secret that that very robot could one day take your job. The next field robots may have an impact on? The Police force.

http://www.trunews.com/article/dubai-worlds-first-operational-robocop-hits-the-streets

>Dubai just unveiled its first Robocop as part of Dubai’s planned robot police force. According to the Mirror Robocop started work on Sunday and is already making a name for itself. At 5ft 5in tall and weighing 100kg, it can speak six languages and is designed to read facial expressions.

>It had an easy start to working life, being unveiled at the three-day long Gulf Information Security Expo and Conference. But when the Expo draws to a close tomorrow, it will be released into the wider world and tackle real life issues.The machine has a built-in tablet so people can use it pay fines or report crimes, and can also transmit and receive messages from police headquarters.

>Khalid Nasser Al Razzouqi, the Director-General of Smart Services with the Dubai Police said, "The launch of the world’s first operational Robocop is a significant milestone for the Emirate and a step towards realizing Dubai’s vision to be a global leader in smart cities technology adoption.

>"With an aim to assist and help people in the malls or on the streets, the Robocop is the latest smart addition to the force and has been designed to help us fight crime, keep the city safe and improve happiness levels," he added.

>“He can chat and interact, respond to public queries, shake hands and offer a military salute."
>>
>>60537467
>robot could one day take your job
>doing hard labour
>>
I can't wait until the robocop says it captured a gorilla and claims it must have escaped from the zoo ;~)
>>
>>60537467
>5' 5"
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>60537991
Stfu chad and go lift weights.
>>
>>60537991
It's not hard to upgrade it, what if it's soon the height of a Nephilim giant?
>>
>>60538107

A 30' robot is impractical. A 12' robot would be intimidating and probably reserved for SWAT purposes. A manletbot with armor and guns would be perfect to do routine police work as long as the AI is open source and the logs/recordings are blockchain protected. I'm sure there are backdoors in this Dubaibot so that the rich and powerful can say Sim Salabim to get out of tickets.
>>
>>60538436
>Sim Salabim
lol
I completely agree tho
>>
>>60537467
will their robots behead women that expose their hair and throw gays out off buildings?
>>
>>60538436
>Plus, you don't think that it will quickly become possible to jailbreak your car?

Fun fact about that. The US already uses algorithms to determine sentences for convicts. They aren't open source because property rights. Law enforcement will never use open source anything.
>>
>>60537991
Any larger is just less efficient, a bigger target for small arms fire, and easier to topple in a melee.
>>
>>60538669
Wouldn't be hard to program one like that, humans are still ultimately in control
>>
>>60538687

I knew they used algorithms to determine flight risk for bail amounts/sentencing, but where do they use algorithms to determine sentence length/severity? They definitely use algorithms to predict repeat criminal behavior.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.