[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Steve Jobs so great at marketing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: jobs.png (241KB, 522x296px) Image search: [Google]
jobs.png
241KB, 522x296px
Why was Steve Jobs so great at marketing?
>>
File: macperformance.jpg (102KB, 967x1080px) Image search: [Google]
macperformance.jpg
102KB, 967x1080px
He realized rich kids were idiots like to poor
>>
>>60532375
Now that is valid question.
He was really good at it,probably nothing else.
I'd say it was because he was mad.
I think if he was not mad he would still live.
Did he end up ignoring medical help with "i eat fruit?"
It may be just rumor but I know he used to believe weird shit.
>>
>>60532375
He had god on his side so he was good at it, having said that later on he became too arrogant made pact with the devil and died miserably.
>>
>>60532375

because he found the sweet spot to being effective without controversial and political.

its a shame what Apple has become now.
>>
>>60532375
why do people like this hack fraud? he wasnt a good person at all.
>>
>>60532387
Why is 7 below 2?
>>
>>60533470
Because they're idiots? It's the same with celebrities and thinking they'll be just like they are in the movies. They think they "know someone" when in reality they've just built a deluded image of them in their head from media consumption.
>>
>>60533470
Didn't he knock up some girl and then basically abandon her and the kid while he got rich off his company? I remember watching the Pirates of Silicon Valley and he was a total asshole in that movie.
>>
>>60532375

Because he realised that in order for technology to appeal to the average person, above anything else, it had to be easy to use.

Because he understood that simplicity can easily be presented as stylish, and people like stylish things.

Nothing to do with "lowest common denominator plebs" or "rich idiots will buy anything" or whatever else rustles your /g/immies. Those are practically truisms. Simply put, Jobs knew what people wanted and had the vision and capital to make it happen.

He wasn't so good at picking a sensible medical treatment route obviously, but you can't have everything I suppose.
>>
>>60532375
Look at Apple's product line during peak jobs, like 2002-2008. There's five or six lines for sale, they all have common sense names that explain their niche while touting it.

Even now: Go to Apple's website, pretend to buy a MacBook. Go to Lenovo's, good luck.
>>
File: IMG_0013.png (1MB, 1024x1256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0013.png
1MB, 1024x1256px
>>
>>60532375
Cult sociopath he sell apple products like begin part cult of intelligent,successful,productive,tech savvy,different and unique.

Still today fanboy free speaks like marketing departament of Apple.
>>
>>60533770
Stop asking questions and buy the newest iPad.
>>
>>60532375
that he was good at marketing is misattributed

word of mouth is how apple got where it was, not the ads
>>
>>60532375
He wasn't.

He hired PR firms for this, and had a lot of money to hire good ones.

Steve Jobs was just a manager. Most manager's are fucking terrible so it wasn't all that difficult to be a half decent one for him.
>>
>marketing

Jesus Christ, there it is again. There is nothing specific about Apple marketing that has any effect. The reason Apple is successful is because, shockingly, people love their products and keep buying more. Hard to believe, I know. Apple goes to the same advertising companies everyone else does, there's no hypnotism, no magic. If all you needed was marketing to shift units everyone would be selling shitloads of products. Clearly that is not the case.
>>
>>60534111
>Didn't he knock up some girl and then basically abandon her and the kid
irony same thing hapened to his mother
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.