[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xperia Specific / The Return of the Compact Flagship Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

http://playfuldroid.com/sony-xperia-xz1-xperia-xz1-compact-and-xperia-x1-leaked-specifications-surface/

If this news turns out to be true, we might see the "compact flagship" return. Here are the key specs claimed to be in the upcoming XZ1 and X phones.

>XZ1
>5.2" 1080p screen, Snapdragon 835, 4GB RAM, 3000mAh battery

>XZ1 Compact
>4.6" 720p screen, Snapdragon 835, 4GB RAM, 2800mAh battery

>X1
>5" 1080p screen, Snapdragon 660, 4GB RAM, 2800mAh battery

These phones are also rumoured to have some new camera technology.
>>
>>60531669

>New camera technology

The issue was never the hardware in Sony phones. Hell; Samsung and most of the other big OEMs use Sony modules because they're the best.

The problem is their software algorithms are fucking shit. Nobody is going to spend 10 minutes setting up manual mode for every shot on their fucking smartphone. This was actually enough to sway me away from buying the Z3c.

Otherwise I hope this is true and I hope they figure out how to do good image processing.
>>
>>60531782

>The only camera that has OIS is the front facing camera of the Ultra series, all other phones have electronic image stabilization.

I don't know why they insist on doing this. maybe their own solution is as good, but people would rather prefer the optical stabilization for the main one.
>>
>>60531934

Yeah that's just retarded.

I guess in Asia the front facing camera is more important but still.
>>
Sony should just give up and partner with Google to make Pixel phones. Their shitty software is wasted on their hardware.
>>
>>60531669
>XZ1 Compact
this could be good if the price isnt jewish
>>
>>60532779
Sony will jew in the price. Guaranteed.
>>
Wish they'd make the compact's new screen 1080p, but I'll still consider this phone if it's less than $600. I've been waiting a long time to replace my Z3C.
>>
meh sony is always overpriced for what you get
>>
>>60531669

They won't be worth shit if Sony doesn't price them properly and remove those obnoxiously large bezels.
>>
>>60531669
>720p screen

Into the trash it goes
>>
File: hands10[1].jpg (7KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
hands10[1].jpg
7KB, 320x213px
>>60533397

they always had 720p in their compact models, although we are talking about the same company which sells 5.5" 4k phones.
>>
I wonder if the absolute madmen would really go and make a 21:9 phone.
>>
>>60531669
>XZ1 Compact
>4.6" 720p screen, Snapdragon 835, 4GB RAM, 2800mAh battery

>720p screen on a high end phone

What's the fucking point? It's just a faster Z3C/Z5C, but those two are still fast enough in 99% of cases. Hell, Z3C has a magnetic charger and this shit probably does not.
>>
>720P
>$500-$600 phone

Seriously, fuck Sony
>>
>>60533532
>they always had 720p in their compact models
That's not an excuse.
Especially not when they pride themselves on the overkill pixel density on XZ Premium.
>>
>>60533397
>they up it to 1080p
There goes the battery life with little to no improvement in sharpness dipshit.
>>
File: xiaomi-mi-s[1].jpg (47KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi-mi-s[1].jpg
47KB, 800x500px
>>60534842

afaik, there's just one rumour -and an old rumour now- of a chinese phone with a sub 5" full hd display (Xiaomi Mi S) and XZ compact only has iphone SE as a serious rival so the nips prolly thought "let's put the good ol' hd panel lol"

actually, as the other anon mentioned, the new compact models usually compete with the previous ones and people buy them for the SoC mainly, not the screen so as long as they put the latest in it, it's ok.
>>
>>60534968
It's not 2011 any more. We can have 1080p screens with negligible hit on battery life.
>>
>>60535046
>the new compact models usually compete with the previous ones and people buy them for the SoC mainly

Even the original Z1C is still fast enough for pretty much everything, so I don't see how they intend to sell XZ1C to owners of previous compacts if there are no upgrades beyond CPU speed.
>>
File: CompactsVs_w720[1].png (418KB, 720x371px) Image search: [Google]
CompactsVs_w720[1].png
418KB, 720x371px
>>60535181

that kind of thinking applies to every flagship refresh ever, and people still buy new phones. They just want to buy the latest shit, there's not much logic behind it. apart from some gfx heavy games, you can do many things on today's "low end" devices too.

Compact series are now super niche and I think this upcoming one would only appeal to the ones that skipped on the X compact and waited for the "true compact"
>>
>>60531669
>That fucking chin
Chins are the biggest obstacles for phone ergonomics. What's the point of a compact phone having a whole inch of nothing in the way of reaching the screen.

Also fuck front facing branding.
>>
>>60535336
>that kind of thinking applies to every flagship refresh ever
We now have four (five if you cound X Compact) generations - and they still have the same basic specs with zero new features, just faster CPUs. I don't remember any other flagships that did this - the differences between, say, Galaxy S4 and S7 are pretty big.
>>
>>60535470
The battery and internals need to go somewhere.
>>
>>60535588
Battery and PCB never go in the chin bruh
>>
>>60535588
So make it .5mm thicker and stuff them all behind it. Or make it have a a giant forehead.
>>
>>60535636
Are you a fucking mongoloid? If they move the headphone jack, speaker, and charging port up. Now there's not enough room for the pcb and all its components without sacrificing battery or making it thicker and then some other retard like you will complain about that.
>>
>>60533397
I'd take the batterylife of my Z5C over a slightly better DPI.
>>
>>60535727
S8 does it somehow. Fucking magic I tell ya
>>
>>60535746
>5.8''
>magic
>>
>>60535733
The point is that in AD 2017 they should've been able to increase resolution without sacrificing battery life. Otherwise there's little point in paying extra over Z3C/Z5C.
>>
>>60535528

their camera tech and RAM amount changed, they also introduced fingerprint scanner with Z5C. yeah not ground breaking in todays standards, but also not as bad as you make it to be.
>>
>>60535775
S8 non-plus is not much bigger than Z5C actually.
>>
>>60535795
seriously?
>>
>>60535795
Mostly the point of having a smaller screen is that all of it is reachable. Personally anything over 5'' is a pita to use since I hate using a phone with two hands. There are also some durability and usability issues that come with making phones in the style of the s8.
>>
Who gives a shit about the compact, I'm more interested in the X1, it has the perfect specs and screen size. If only it isn't overpriced and has good custom ROM support.

I have the Oneplus 3 but I don't give two shits about having the latest and greatest hardware anymore with how good midrange and budget phones are getting, I only bought it for the custom ROM support and because it has the best specs to price ratio without having to buy shit from China.
>>
>>60535777
>their camera tech and RAM amount changed
The point is that there are extremely few cases where you can see any real life difference between 801/2GB and 835/4GB. The cameras from Z1C to Z5C are technically slightly different but I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a blind test, and seeing as XZ1C still has no OIS I don't hope for any significant improvement.

>they also introduced fingerprint scanner with Z5C
Yeah, that worked like shit compared to Apple and Samsung. Also they removed the magnetic charger to make room for the scanner, so fuck that.
>>
>>60535836
large phones are much easier to drop as well due to the difficulty of 1-handed use. I've gone caseless on my Z3C since I got it more than 2 years ago and I've never dropped it.
>>
>>60535840

>buy X
>install now officially supported sailfish OS
>get mad /g/ cred
>fuck bitches
>they pay you back in cash
>>
>>60535869
>XZ1C still has no OIS
I thought the Xperia X Compact had in-body stabilization though
>>
>>60535836
You can have the same small screen in a smaller case, or a larger screen in the same case. There's little point in having chin and forehead take up like 30% of the surface area.

>durability issues
We're in a Sony Z thread. You know, the phones that had issues with glass spontaneously cracking without any external force.
>>
>>60531669
I'm about to get a new phone and was thinking about the z5c or the x compact.

do any of you know which is the better of those two?

it doesnt seem like its worth it to wait for the ones leaked...
>>
>>60535899
Electronic """"""""""""stabilization""""""""""""""""
>>
>>60535926
If you can get a Z5C new, do it. XC is a gimped midrange phone.

You might also consider Z3C since it's more or less the same as Z5C with a slightly different design.
>>
>>60535926

buy X compact if you care about having the newer camera, if not go for the Z5compact.
>>
>>60535181
batteries are dead/dying on Z1C by now.
>>
File: 442_0613.jpg (104KB, 1270x816px) Image search: [Google]
442_0613.jpg
104KB, 1270x816px
>>60535046
>rumour
Sharp got sub 5'' full hd
>>
>>60531669
>small hands thread
I feel bad for you kids. You should lobby for euthanasia.
>>
>>60538619
>LeEco Inside
Still chink phone
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.