[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"hacker" news

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

This is one of the top voted comments on "hacker" news in a thread about Windows 10 Enterprise ignoring privacy settings.

>Linux requires so much involvement to keep it running "well".

What did he mean by this? Are the users of HN literally retarded? Are they cucks? Shills?
>>
>I read some shitty opinion on HN!
>better tell /g/

Nobody cares about nigger codemonkeys
>>
>>60529641
but you can't have real conversations on HN
>>
>>60529649
How is that our problem?
>>
>>60529649
You think they're much better on here? Fucking hell.

Anyway yeah, whoever wrote that on HN is clearly mentally deficient. I mean, it's not like I've had the same Linux install running well for years or anything, no, because that requires so much involvement. No guys you don't understand, it requires SO MUCH.
>>
>>60529662
>>60529689

/g/ doesn't have as many shills as other social media, so you get more of an honest opinion instead of a circlejerk.
>>
>>60529614
>I need
typical sheep mentality
>>
>>60529694
Oh God you're so cute.
>>
>>60529614
>I need [..] a touchscreen
yes, I'm sure you do
>>
>>60529714
Proof that this guy is just a whiney faggot
>>
It's just 12 year olds upvoting other 12 year olds
>>
>>60529740
Don't forget tpbkek who thinks that if you like trump you should be in prison and banned from all the internet
>>
I remember the ftp threads where time and time again the contents of the directories (running linux) were wiped by trolls.
So he's not wrong in saying that to have a good stable linux system you need to dive into it and configure lots of stuff that is not the default.
You need to be honest with yourselves: the reason linux has such a small marketshare as a desktop OS is not because windows has gaymes or because IOS is for hipsters
>>
@60529842
>you need to configure an ftp server means you need to configure your desktop
amazing analogy, very nice bait
not transparent at all
>>
>>60529884
>@60529842
okay this got me to reply

>>60529842
>the reason linux has such a small marketshare as a desktop OS is not because windows has gaymes or because IOS is for hipsters
no shit, it's only the linux autists who think otherwise
>>
>>60529842
>the reason linux has such a small marketshare

is because Linux doesn't ship on 90% of desktops and Linux doesn't run multi-billion dollar marketing campaigns.

When someone does take Linux and ship devices with it and run marketing campaigns it does very well (see: Android, ChomeOS).

Anyone who uses non-Linux is a cuckold.
>>
>I need
>card reader
>USB 3.0 and 3.1 (??)
>16GB RAM (which it has..)
>full-size HDMI

This fucking idiot, everything he wants minus the screen shit is available with adapters. That's why Apple went with this full fucking USB-C shit, you can essentially turn the laptop into anything you want. Why would you willingly choose ports on your machine that you'll not use. If I only had HDMI displays and my laptop came with a Display Port connection too, guess what? That's wasted space that could have been used for something else. I wish, and know anyway, that other laptops will go full USB-C while peripherals go USB-C too.
>>
>>60529614
They are right though. If you don't use pleb hardware it's a pain to maintain.
>>
>>60529614
>one post doesn't know how2linux
>hurr all r idiiots

Nice gener

>Are they cucks? Shills?

Oh, using words like that unironically explains why you're drawing conclusions like a fucking spastic.
>>
>>60532737
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>60532778
Using words like "cuck" and "shill" is, if anything, indicative that YOU belong on reddit (specifically the_donald).
>>
>>60532841
all of that originated on 4chan you stupid subhuman. fuck off and die.
>>
>>60532841
/pol/ is spreading
>>
>>60532390
>anyone who disagrees with me is a cuck or a shill

Ladies and gentlemen: The state of /g/ in 2017
>>
>Linux requires so much involvement to keep it running "well".

Linux takes 20 minutes to customize every pixel of the UI according to the user's taste, with a library of myriads of UI packages and components that keeps increasing every day with new and creative features.

Windows takes a few hours to customize, with settings menus all over the place, with big limitations which leave you with only portion of the UI being customizable and the end result also having some broken things after customization.

No.
>>
>>60532914
That's the problem.

>>60532905
So did ragecomics and gamergate. Doesn't make it acceptable to post now -- and especially not on /g/.

The least you could do is go to /pol/ if you want to keep spewing stupid meme words like an autist having a fit.
>>
File: ngate.jpg (275KB, 1183x659px) Image search: [Google]
ngate.jpg
275KB, 1183x659px
>>60529614
You might like this:
http://n-gate.com/hackernews/
>>
File: ipad cpu.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
ipad cpu.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>still reading HN
Is this 2006?
>>
>>60532841
cuck originated on 4chan.

shills are a fact of life (these days) and have nothing to do with any one website.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.