[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google Announces New Features for Subscription Models Through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1486838864005.jpg (34KB, 810x298px) Image search: [Google]
1486838864005.jpg
34KB, 810x298px
Google Announces New Features for Subscription Models Through Google Play

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-announces-new-features-for-subscription-models-through-google-play/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bAyQvCWSlA

Google offers many ways of monetization for Android developers to profit. Simple purchases and in-app purchases are just two that we can easily name. The typical monetization model can soon change, thought, as Google further encourages developers to use the subscriptions.

wew lad
>>
>>60528539
plz gib and gib again
>>
>>60528539
>download app
>hey it's pretty cool, I can splurge 3-4 dollars to buy the full version
>unlock the full version with only 7.70$/month!
I want jew developers to leave
>>
>>60528605

Problem with your logic is that Google's two founders are Jews
>>
Stallman fuck told you guys. He fucking told you. He fucking told you a society where you didn't own the software you bought would be disastrous. I don't even blame Google for this. They're just trying to entice developers so their app store can better compete with Apple's. It's our fault for creating a society two decades ago that accepted EULA software you didn't technically own, and had no right too. Now the stage has been set, and companies are taking EULAs down their logical extension to full software as a service you have no right to.

We could have prevented this. If we had demanded FOSS early on, companies would have adapted, and set up business models around a FOSS ecosystem. Instead, here we are 20 years later getting barebacked big, black, fat dick of proprietary software.
>>
It's too bad this isn't going to be seen as (ab) using a monopoly in order to squeeze money out of customers - which it probably should be.
>>
>>60528693
in b4 sideloading impossible
>>
File: 1495208622795.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495208622795.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>60528539
>implying I have to use Jewgle play services
I've been using FDroid CM/LOS for over a year. Why should I give a shit?
>>
>>60528758
Nah. I don't think Google is going to overtly fuck their users/fanbase. I think they recognize they're only where they are because of how convenient it is to use their shit. I don't think they want to ruin that, but I could be wrong. Large companies have been known to abandon their core users in hubris when they get too big.

I think it's just something they're letting developers do to entice them to make higher quality apps. It'll be up to Android users whether the payment model flies for apps or not. I doubt it, as most Android users and even many iOS users are unwilling to shell out a couple bucks for a shitty phone app, let alone paying monthly. They're also apparently going to raise the Play Store standard in regards to performance by factoring in crashes, framerate drops below 60, etc., into an apps ranking, so I think this is just a move to make the new deal sound sweeter to developers. I doubt it's used very extensively for the reasons above.
>>
>>60528976
>I think they recognize they're only where they are because of how convenient it is to use their shit
I have to disagree, IMO Android is only popular because they are cheap. I may be wrong but I don't think google make much from app sales at the moment.

There are flagship android phones on par with the apple HW but 80% are pure dogshit.
>>
>>60528957
>los without gapps
my cia nigga
>>
>>60529300
It works flawlessly on my Nexus 5 and updates have never broken anything or failed to install, though I am unrooted except for ADB. I'm using FDE too. It gets decent battery life which is a bonus. I really enjoy Lineage OS.
>>
>>60529337
How do you get FDE? I thought encryption was limited to data partition? And yes the extra battery life is nice, I'm getting 2-3 hours more screen on time since I ditched gapps.
>>
>>60529362
Android does FDE.
>>
>>60529362
>How do you get FDE?
Nigger what. It's literally a setting in vanilla Android and has been around for years. I remember using it on my Galaxy Nexus. How the fuck do you not know about this?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.