[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paranoia General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1394079094935.jpg (88KB, 846x960px) Image search: [Google]
1394079094935.jpg
88KB, 846x960px
Why do people go through tons of steps for "privacy" and "safety" that doesn't fucking matter? Why do you need to have a VPN, firewall, DHT disabled etc. if all you're going to torrent is some obscure hentai from 2014?
>>
File: not-lives-2660243.png (482KB, 800x1252px) Image search: [Google]
not-lives-2660243.png
482KB, 800x1252px
>>60527724
because of (((them)))
>>
>>60527724
>Why do people go through tons of steps for "privacy" and "safety" that doesn't fucking matter?
Nowadays our most important pieces of information are stored digitally, therefore one should be cautious.
It's a false argument that you shouldn't care about privacy because NSA can monitor you anyways. They won't target you unless you are doing something suspicious or they have interest in it, otherwise data collected of you is stored in a enormous blob that has to be processed.

However, do you have to protect yourself exclusively against NSA? No. Many people here are missing the point and they believe taking any measure of safety is ineffective. You have to protect yourself against thieves, your local government, hackers, data mining companies, etc...

>if all you're going to torrent is some obscure hentai from 2014
Not everybody is NEET. Moreover, you don't need to engage in illegal activities on the internet to feel exposed. You can be blackmailed, your career / personal life can be destroyed by sharing some of your habits on the internet.
>>
>>60527724
Telemetry is bloat.
>>
>>60527724
>60527724
We torrent all sorts of shit just cause you a perv doesn't mean...
>>
I thought you could not torrent anonymously regardless if you use a VPN.
>>
>>60527724
NOTHING TO HIDE NOTHING TO FEAR
>>
>>60528154
True. In some cases I agree, but I mean in the cases where across the board people believe in jumping through hoops no matter what the case. Like torrenting a leaked movie / album vs torrenting something obscure. In the case of the latter I feel like having to enable DHT shouldn't be a factor.
>>
>>60527724
>Why do you need a VPN?

Copyright trolls and Lawyers will try to sue your ass. Of course you don't pay, but you shouldn't fuck around with them either. Consider yourself lucky if you never had to deal with them
>>
>>60527724
> obscure 2014 hentai
We'ed a name m'ate
>>
File: 8dF5nNN.jpg (678KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
8dF5nNN.jpg
678KB, 1275x1650px
>>60527724
Government political witch hunt is a thing, even Trump acknowledges that, you imbecile
>>
>>60529121
Why? Hentai is objectively inferior to doujin.
>>
>>60527724
Because I'm tired of getting copyright notices from HBO.
>>
File: 1455173508826.jpg (113KB, 750x421px) Image search: [Google]
1455173508826.jpg
113KB, 750x421px
>>60527724
also philosophically I want to live in a world where governments and large corporations have little to no ability to determine what people say or do. Even if my privacy "doesn't matter" in your opinion, by taking steps to protect it, that much more of the web goes dark. it helps protect people who really do have to have strong privacy and anonymity guarantees.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.