[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Python guide.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: python-logo-master-v3-TM.png (82KB, 601x203px) Image search: [Google]
python-logo-master-v3-TM.png
82KB, 601x203px
Can someone link me to a Python guide for a braindead like me.
I just want to learn the basics so I can start filtering video with Vapoursynth.
>>
https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html
>>
>>60526054
codeacademy is the simplest way. But you won't get far if you are looking for shortcuts.
>>
>>60526054
I think the easiest way to learn the basics and getting a good feeling of programming (assuming you haven't programmed at all before) is making tiny games. Like those "bigger than/smaller than" games, rolling die games, text/number based games in general, then making more and more complicated things. These are engaging enough to be interesting and it's usually easy to see whether they work or not, and they're small enough that you don't get stuck forever on one problem.
>>
there is a pretty good video series by Google that's on YouTube
>>
>>60526148
Back to /v/ faggot. Nobody learned programming by making "tiny" games.
>>
pick up a numerical methods/analysis textbook and start coding them meth algorithms
>>
>>60526054
Read "Automate the boring stuff with Python", its a really good beginner book. Not too slow and not too fast. Last chapter is about image manipulation with Python, might be interesting for you.
>>
>>60526303
backing this, it's one of the best intro books that will actually get you coding useful stuff.
>>
>>60526303
This.
Also: How To Think Like A Computer Scientist Interactive Edition
>>
will upload one , if i get back from the docs appointment.
>>
>>60526245
Pretty sure that's how most people learned the basics. How did you learn programming?

By tiny games I mean rock paper scissor, higher/lower games, tic tac toe etc. Codecademy mostly forces you to think their way which works well at teaching the syntax but doesn't teach you programming since there is little if any problem solving involved.
>>
File: 1417151044879.png (111KB, 297x231px) Image search: [Google]
1417151044879.png
111KB, 297x231px
>>60526440 here
sorry, kind of tired atm
OP, pretty much, what I do is, I just keep like 30 tabs open all at once of different programming sites and information and i cycle back and forth through all of them. I've completed How To Think Like A Computer Scientist Interactive Edition with Python 3 and that one was pretty informative. Automate the Boring Stuff is probably the best one that i've learned the most from, except it's kind of blunt with the information. What I mean is, Al kind of gives you everything you need to know, then says, go program this. He's pretty informative but you have to research shit. That's why I have like 30 tabs open of programming stuff all the time.
Just don't give up it the key. If you don't understand something, watch a video on it, find some practice exercises to try, read something else about it, etc.

Right now, I got confused learning how OOP works. I've got at least 6 tabs open on OOP with Python atm but instead, I decided to start learning about web scraping with Python and even that gets kind of confusing, trying to get your python code to interact with html.

There was a time though, that I thought dictionaries and tuples were hard to understand. So what keeps me going is the fact that in awhile, I'm going to laugh at the fact that I thought OOP and web scraping was difficult.

Persistence is key, OP.
>>
File: images.jpg (110KB, 822x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
110KB, 822x1080px
>>60526619
if you wanna do webscraping, follow this book, all the examples tend to go down pretty smoothly. I'm trying to design a project right now following the book.
>>
>>60526761
I actually just read the first chapter of that book last night. Seems pretty informative
>>
>>60526761
+1

I've make a script for collect all images from a thread, it's very useful for p0rn and learn python scripting
>>
http://greenteapress.com/thinkpython2/thinkpython2.pdf

This book is great if you know what programming is in the first place, imo a little hard if you dive in headfirst.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.