[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here work solely for themselves as programmer? What do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 600_classy-shots-104130.jpg (75KB, 600x644px) Image search: [Google]
600_classy-shots-104130.jpg
75KB, 600x644px
Anyone here work solely for themselves as programmer?

What do you do?
How long did it take for you to get established?
Do you like it?
How much money do you make?
>>
Do you mean freelance? Or do you mean having your own "business" with steady clients?
I get by building "web solutions" for backwards ass companies that do stupid shit like use an excel sheet from the 90s to house databases. I enjoy sometimes, but it's hard to really motivate myself since I hate web development. They pay varies, but it's enough to get by. I've found that depending on the situation, some companies will pay ass loads of money for something really simple because tech illiteracy runs rampant in the working world. I was under valuing myself when I first started.
>>
>>60524926
I got a comsci degree and got a corporate job. Quit after a year and decided to to try to do my own thing. Started doing game dev and am now retired at 26 with more money than I could ever want.

I liked it at first, but it quickly became insanely hard work, with every waking moment spent on it. It was long and grueling. I wished I had stuck with my corporate job, because at least then I could come home at the end of the day and not have work looming over me... also having a decent income is nice.

Within 2 years though, I was making boatloads of cash, which made the grueling work more worthwhile. I'd hired people to work with me, etc etc etc. Things were good, but it was still the most stressful and difficult thing I've ever done.

Selling my company was the happiest day of my life and things are swell.

/gloat
>>
>>60525580
Teach me
>>
>>60525580
What game?
>>
>>60526026
agar.io
>>
>>60526041
ahh. so you graduated at the age of 17 ?
>>
>>60526041
what do you do with your life after you retire at 26?
>>
>>60526041
oh God, so you made some disgusting third rate app game and youre now "retired at 26".

Guess it might be possible when you live in a pajeet tier country,
>>
>>60526091
you sound jealous
>>
>>60526099
Jealous of those dubs. Incredible doubles, friend.
>>
>>60526099
Not really, that's not really what I my life's magnum opus to be.
>>
>never having to worry about money again

Yeah I'll take that

Sorry you got haters bro
>>
>>60526041
That was "insanely hard work"?

I mean I don't doubt it's more technical than it looks but it's not like you had to do any art or music or anything.
>>
>>60526130
He's 26. He has all the time he needs to craft something more magnificent, and doesn't have the pressure of needing to shit something out in a hurry so he can eat.
>>
>>60526041
Zeach isn't 26
>>
>>60526041
How does it feel that you didn't actually make a game and your pseudo-game pandered to autists and 10 year olds is shit?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.