[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I switch to linux or stay with windows 7?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: j.jpg (198KB, 835x575px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
198KB, 835x575px
>>
>>60519277
Stay with Windows.
Linux is too hard.
>>
Linux is easy
Install Kubuntu and that's it
>>
Upgrade to Windows 10, dual boot with a Debian variant
>>
>>60519277
look into it and make your on decisions based on your needs. If you're still left unsure after that dual boot one of the easier for new users distributions, like pretty much any of the debian based ones.
>>
File: 1487452493899.png (2MB, 856x2450px) Image search: [Google]
1487452493899.png
2MB, 856x2450px
>>60519322
>>
>>60519277
>>60519322
>>60519415
Linux is a unix compatible kernel.
The operating system you're referring to is calle "GNU", which uses Linux (like Android uses Linux).
>>
>>60519277
>asking a Board of two ((3)) warring Factions for Advice which one to choose
>>
is there any software on windows you can't live without? if not, switch. linux is pretty competent these days
>>
>>60519277
Only if it's gentoo.
>>
>>60519277
why not have both?
>>
>>60519277
if you don't care about stuff that simply does not work out of the box or about all the programs not ported to linux then please go ahead
>>
>>60519277
I've used GNU/Linux for a year solely, and I'm a complete computer pleb. I'll be honest, if I had better hardware I'd run W10 instead. Otherwise, I think the pros and cons of both cancel each other out.
>>
>>60519277
Sure you can do only one thing if it suits you for ideological reasons or if can't wrap your head around any more than that.

Run windows 7 in linux. Be ahead of the curve. Browse the internet and shitpost whatever while windows is updating. No finicky hard drive error shit to to spend countless hours on only to have to spend countless more hours on in the future. Make clones of it so save as backups. The advantages are fucking endless. Some applications of it could be difficult like requiring lots of passthrough. Workflow can change sure but for me the advantages far outweigh the constant fuckery and time drain of running windows solely on a machine. Besides browsers work on linux. No need to 'harden' your windows just so you browse the internet. I'll stop.

Should I buy a car or take the bus or ride a bike?

Buy a car and use it when you need it. Take the bus when it's easiest and ride your bike and take your bike on the bus sometimes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.