[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 44

File: the_fuck.jpg (997KB, 2370x3193px) Image search: [Google]
the_fuck.jpg
997KB, 2370x3193px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread: >>60498976
>>
>>60512323
Is life worth it?
>>
>>60512396
yours probably not, but generally yeap, its pretty great compared to the inevitable alternative
>>
>>60512396
Not really.
>>
+ REPOSTING +

I'm getting roughly 30 fps in WoW in the world at meduim settings. It doesn't seem right because I have had 60+ fps easy on high/ultra settings. I reinstalled the drivers for my GPU and I got good fps on my gpu then my computer screen would randomly say "HDMI signal not found" and I would have to restart. Then it went back to the lower settings....

CPU: AMD FX-6300
12 gb RAM
GPU: GIGABYTE's HD 6970 OC
SMART 750W 80 Plus Bronze
>>
>>60512568
try older drivers
try using dvi cable
try reinstalling windows
>>
>>60512396

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjIvu7e6Wq8
>>
Is there an android app that lets you change the delay of optical imput audio?
>>
Since there is no /wdg/ I'll ask here.

In Agnular4, how do I get the Materializecss datepicker to bind its value to a form? It changes the value in HTML but the form value stays empty and doesn't change.

HTML:
<form [formGroup]="myForm" (ngSubmit)="onSubmit()">
<input type="date" class="datepicker" formControlName="date">
<button class="btn" type="submit">Submit</button>
</form>

TS:
export class HomeComponent implements OnInit, AfterViewInit {

myForm: FormGroup;

constructor(private _formBuilder: FormBuilder) {
this.myForm = this._formBuilder.group({
date: ['']
});
}

onSubmit() {
console.log(this.myForm.value.date);
console.log(this.myForm.controls['date'].value);
console.log($('.datepicker').val());
}

ngAfterViewInit(): void {
$(document).ready(function () {
$('.datepicker').pickadate();
});
}

ngOnInit() {
}
}

I don't want to use angular2-material or anything similar because this styling is temporary and I will need to be able to quickly get it out of the project.
>>
>>60512323
What a hideous beast..

I just bought a mechanical keyboard and i am having problems with it double pressing space, when i font press it twice.

I bought the motospeed CK104 Inflictor.

It,s brand new, not dirty
>>
I've been recommending Wordpress on a VPS for small (1-10) companies to use as a business site. It is cheap, works out of the box, plugins cover most use cases and you can probably hire people to maintain/upgrade it in the long run, otherwise learning the dashboard is not that hard.

OTOH WP is kind of a trainwreck, should I look into other CMS? What is hot in current year? It has to work flawlessly, these people are cheap when it comes to IT and won't pay engineering hours
>just a small favor bro
>>
how do I know if I'm good/decent with Java? is there a test or challenges I can do to see how competent I am?
>>
>>60512772

http://codingbat.com/java
>>
if i converted a youtube video into an mp4 (didn't download it just kept the downloading link) and then later the youtube video got deleated for copyright would the mp4 download link video still work?
>>
Is there any way to bookmark a page with search filters applied (e.g. a car price searching website) if the search filters aren't part of the URL?
>>
I've tried googling and can't get a straight answer. I asked in the /pcbg/ and didn't get an answer. I know ITX motherboards have numerous compromises to performance for the small form factor.
My questions is this: What compromises do mATX motherboards have over full size ATX boards? Not planning to run an SLI or crossfire setup.
>>
File: file-sharing.jpg (15KB, 300x248px) Image search: [Google]
file-sharing.jpg
15KB, 300x248px
Why are there still no good simple file sharing services without bullshit limits etc?
>>
>>60512950
rsync, bittorrent

what do you need it for?
>>
>>60512892
the basic answer is no
if you want to automate something you better talk directly to the API
>>
Can I downgrade from 10 to windows 7 without a backup while preserving my programs?
>>
>>60512853
I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to see if it's possible
just upload something, convert, delete the vid and then try the DL link
>>
>>60512853
How would you do said "converting"?
>>
>>60512408
>suffering is better than feeling nothing at all
I dunno man.
>>
Any yall niggers answer >>60512751
Please?

>>60509672
Coz you hadn't heard of the GPD pocket, couldn't wait, or didn't wanna spend twice as much?
>>
>>60512950
Because drives are espensive nigga

Also if you don't consider timed deletion a limit, I will literally make a pomf clone with unlimited file size but with a 14 day deletion time
>>
Where can I find the MD5 and SHA1 checksums of old Windows operating systems?
>>
Anyone know the physical standard of this SAS connection, and what sort of host card I could connect it to?
>>
Helo pls what is god "banger for buck" gpu diss day

I not looking computer things 2 years and now mi gpu is let the smoke out and i rly dont know what to getting

Thankyou
>>
>>60512323
I am not sure if it's stupid or not, but I am having very strange issues with my router atm.

Basically after some fuck ups yesterday and ISP support team comming and "fixing" the internet, the following happens.

Wifi is working perfectly, so is the IPtv connected to the router...PC internet which is wired connection directly from the router is not working, it can't pick up the IP for some reason, yet when I connect the same wire to laptop the wired connection works, so it's a PC issue now somehow.

I also can not enter the router through my PC when connected wired.

Anyone has any ideas?
>>
>>60513579
likely staticly set IP on the desktop

on your desktop and on your laptop
open cmd
run command
ipconfig

it will spit out your IP and your gateway
are the first 3 digits identical on desktop and notebook?
for example one being
the other
>>
>>60513617
All IP's and subnet masks are completely different on both
Any suggestions?
>>
>>60513662
desktop one is wrong
you can either just select to get the address dynamically from the router
or you can give it correct static IP with the data you got from the notebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FKJBZ66JFE
>>
>>60513579
>>60513662
This comes to mind: Your router has switched to bridging mode - i.e all of your machines are connected directly to the "internet" - AND ARE VISIBLE DIRECTLY!

If so, you need to act pretty fast if you don't have a firewall in bethween and/or software firewalls on all devices.

Switch router back to routing mode so you have a NAT in bethween to cover your LAN!
>>
>>60513724
Internet connection in the router settings is set to DHCP though, I'm pretty sure it's not bridging.
>>60513705
Thanks anons, you are obviously better than shitty service, as usual.
>>
>>60513724
And why i suspect this is because you're saying all of the addresses differ completely - if your device IPs don't start with either 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x that most likely means they are not in a LAN network but get a public IP address from the ISP directly. And why your desktop machine doesn't work might be because your IPtv and laptop and perhaps even smart phone connected to the wifi claimed all the available IP addresses for themselves (usually 1-5 public ip per isp customer)
>>
>>60513773
but he is saying that one of those devices is not connecting
>>
>>60513748
Just to be certain, can you check your IP from the ipconfig tool and paste it here (censor aleast the last part)? or atleast compare it with https://www.whatismyip.com/ and tell me they differ.
>>
>>60513782
The situation is as follows
>One device can not connect wired, can not test wireless yet
>other devices can connect both wires and wireless

Now, I set static IP, but strangest shit happened now. Despite me setting static IP and configing it, it still gives me the old ipv4 and ipv6...it also says autoconfiguration ipv4.
>>60513789
I will screen both, tell me what I have to blur out.
>>
>>60513845
Don't post your public IP to 4chan if you don't want to risk any trouble - just compare the ip that you can see from ipconfig and the website and tell me are they the same or are they different.
>>
>>60513872
ipv4 on my laptop and ip that it says on the website are different
>>
Is there a decent alternative for 4chanX instead of imgur?
https://www.imgur.com/upload?url=%IMG;text:up imgur
>>
I currently have an old GTX 560 Ti, and a nice i7 4790k.
I want to upgrade my GPU, I do some renderings (3D with Blender, fractals...), and some 1440p gaming.
I can get second hand GTX 1070 around 350€ or 1080 around 450€.
Does the GTX 1080 really worth it?

Also, what is /g/ consensus on second hand hardware like recent graphics cards?
>>
>>60513895
Alright;

I'd recommend putting your desktop machine to DHCP mode and trying once more - not sure how else i could help trough 4chan :P
>>
>>60512323
wanting to setup a media pc for my tv in my lounge room, all i need it to do is connect to my wireless network and be able to play video at 1080p from usual places youtube/vlc/mediaplayer. whats the cheapest way to go about it?

moving my computer so its in a nicer room, so now ill have nothing able to play on tv if i have people around.
>>
My mom's laptop , more often than not, when turned on will only show a black screen (backlight is on).

It takes several tries to turn it on properly, and just unplugging the power and pressing the power button does not seem to be effective.

Only thing that seems to work is if I take the RAM out and put it back.

Any suggestions for a permanent fix? Is it a RAM issue or more likely a motherboard issue?
>>
>>60513948
I don't understand the reason as to why my PC won't use the static IP I tell it to use.
I go into ethernet properties, right click ipv4, "use following IP address", write in everything and it still tells me other bullshit when I run ipconfig.
>>
File: perfrel_2560_1440.png (31KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
perfrel_2560_1440.png
31KB, 500x690px
>>60513945
as always, depends how much is 100€ worth to you
I would say its reasonable performance gain you get for it
>>
>>60514019
Ah, you need to reload the interface;

Open command prompt and type these commands, second one might take a moment to complete:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
>>
>>60513948
>>60514019
What if I will change the router itself to static ip
>>
>>60514000
disable fast boot in windows
https://in.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37059/~/windows-10%3A-enable-or-disable-fast-startup
>>
>>60514065
when I typed ipconfig release it told me
>operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation
>>
>>60514094
>>60514060
>>
>>60514094
Change the interface back to DHCP before running the commands. Be sure to change both wireless and the ethernet (wired) interface to DHCP (automatic ip option in windows, if i remember right. Also automatic DNS!)
>>
What do I encrypt my USB memory stick with? TrueCrypt isn't maintained anymore and I haven't heard much positives about VeraCrypt...
>>
>>60514067
Thanks, will try now.
>>
>>60514166
Yeah, PC just refuses to see the router. When I diagnose Ethernet it just says
>ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
>>
should i install mac os?
>>
>>60514315
So you did change the desktop computers interfaces back to DHCP? And then tried to ipconfig release & renew? what happens when you do that?
>>
STUPID ANSWER: if you're using firefox with Manjaro and it reverted to the ugly default theme in update 53 like it did with me, just head to
~/.mozilla/manjaro.default
and remove the chrome folder
>>
>>60514480
~/.mozilla/firefox/manjaro.default
>>
>>60514434
I did the whole renew, release, everything, doesn't work.
PC doesn't give a fuck, I don't understand.
It makes no sense, it worked perfectly fine before internet fucked up, after internet got fixed everything but PC can connect.
>>
>>60514414
yes, it's a god-tier OS. it's what linux should have been.
>>
Is it too late to learn other language? Should I stick to Java exclusively?
>>
>>60514651
once you know how to program then language doesn't matter.
>>
>Just give any hooker a printout of some linuxy phrases
No, I want a hooker who legit uses GNU+Linux and knows how to compile a kernel
>>
File: blog-0594494001391723748.jpg (34KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
blog-0594494001391723748.jpg
34KB, 400x290px
I have a backup/file server with two storage disks. Should I bother with RAID 1 if I'm going to be backing up offsite too?
>>
What does it mean when a post is grey on hackernews?
>>
>>60512323
Which is the best Adblock for Firefox?
>>
>>60514881
ublock origin
>>
Is there a software on linux that would allow me to quickly install/uninstall an app (kinda like activating and deactivating it) without having to re-download the whole thing from the repositories? Kind of like an application switch
>>
File: 1495244515523.jpg (9KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
1495244515523.jpg
9KB, 262x192px
I can't login to my ubuntu account. It keeps looping whenever I try to enter.
>>
>>60514957
most package managers keep downloaded packages in a cache
either don't clear the cache, or at least keep the ones you want to keep
>>
Building a steam machine for around the cost of a ps4

Silverstone sst-st30sf 300w power supply
Toshiba p300 1tb 3.5 inch HDD
Silverstone sst-ml05b case
8gb crucial ddr3 ram
Asrock qc5000m-itx/pH motherboard
Geforce GT 1030

Really cheap build just looking for opinions mostly the onboard CPU of the mobo will it bottleneck the gpu? Anyone any experience with this case it looks really compact will I fit all this shit in it?
>>
How do I change my statis ip address? Please respond
>>
>>60515194
on what?
>>
File: IMG_4094.jpg (3MB, 4000x2248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4094.jpg
3MB, 4000x2248px
>>60512323
How can one kernel, not considering some specific modules, work on many diffenrent CPUs, modern ones and also older ones?
>>
Which programming language should I start with?

I was thinking about going with Java > C > Assembly > Python > Haskell
>>
>>60515232
by compiling for each architecture
you can also ahve multiple codepaths for the same code that can use different intstructions or not depending on what is supported
>>
>>60515232
largely-portable codebase, which can compile and run on multiple platforms, combine with platform-specific components to support the really low-level stuff unique to each platform
>>
>>60515273
I would start with Python
>>
>>60514726
negative votes
>>
>>60515273
C++
learns you how to thinks, you can learn how to debug and it is "base" for many other languages
>>
>>60515211
My computer. I have windows 10.
>>
>>60515366
just from memory;
1. right click network icon in the tray
2. click network and sharing centre
3. click change adapter settings on the left
4. right click > properties on the adapter you want to edit
5. double click internet protocol (ipv4), or ipv6 if you're after that instead
6. change the ip, or set it to static if it's not already
>>
>>60515332
Yeah but I read through the archive and anons seem to have problems with it as a beginner language because of the language being too easy and the posibillity of hardships you can face after you start learning other complex languages because of this.

>>60515351
I saw an article about C++ being TOO complex and having almost no supporting tools to use other than Visual Studio or something like that. What do you think anon?
>>
how do I into fan speed control for Windows without using 3rd party software? or is there no other way?
>>
Is there a retards guide to overclocking my i5-2500k?
I've had it for years but I never bothered to overclock
>>
I bought an SD to IDE 2,5 adapter for an old computer. It's detected by the BIOS and I can install Debian on it perfectly fine like on a "normal" HDD. I can then boot into Debian and even reboot if I want to but as soon as I completely turn the computer off the adapter becomes non-bootable.
Do any of you have a clue of what is happening here ? I suspect Grub but I don't really know what to do.
>>
>>60515416
Code blocks is nice begginer IDE, it is not to complex, simpler than C in any case, at least for begginer because input and output streams ar ez
>>
>>60515416
do Buckeys C++ tutorial,nice vids
>>
>>60515273
python
>>
File: IMG_4071.jpg (733KB, 2448x1095px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4071.jpg
733KB, 2448x1095px
So, my laptop is shitting out on me.
Whenever I try to boot normally it says the default boot device is missing or boot failed.
Now, I already went through my tech support steps, trying everything within my power, to no avail. Attempting to start the e-recovery process (alt-f10) also doesn't work properly for some reason
With that said, I'm going to purchase a recovery drive from acer. My stupid question is as follows: if I go through with the purchase, would my files be recoverable? My drive still shows up in BIOS and everything, but a part of me feels that it's all gonna be for nothing
>pic related, my BIOS, showing my hard drive. Does that mean it's still alive?
>>
How can I download files > 1GB through mega on firefox without installing their add-on?
>>
>>60515480
Unless you can do it in BIOS, you don't
>>
>>60516476
you click the grey button
anyway I prefer to use jdownloader
>>
>>60516308
replace hard drive
>>
>>60516308
you hdd is bad
buy ssd
>>
>>60516607
The grey button gives me a warning and doesn't let me download on large files. I tried installing jdownloader but it changed my homepage to bing depite me unchecking everything in the installer, so I uninstalled it immediately because it's obviously fucking with more than just its own installation.
>>
File: IMG_5354.jpg (43KB, 640x733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5354.jpg
43KB, 640x733px
>>60512323
How the fuck do I permanently get rid of this shit? Only happens on this website. Stops my music and shit. Pic related.
>>
>>60516648
jdownloader is great
if it fucks with your browser deal with it
its still the best clunky and slow application for downloading from host sites

also
>being on windows
>>
>>60516621
>>60516629
Thanks, I was afraid of that.
Fuck it, I'll just buy a new laptop and get to fixing the old one eventually
>>
>>60516692
ssds are cheap and make old shits run blazing fast, while being usable later on in desktops and new notebooks
just saying
>>
>>60516677
>if it fucks with your browser deal with it
I expected better from /g/
>>
What are the benefits of https?
>>
File: w44kx3Z.png (2KB, 160x180px) Image search: [Google]
w44kx3Z.png
2KB, 160x180px
Trying to install Brutal Doom on Linux Mint but I am new to Linux in general so I am not sure how finish it up.

As far as I can tell I installed it. I ran:
$ sudo apt-add-repository 'deb http://debian.drdteam.org/ stable multiverse'
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install gzdoom

I have the wad files and the brutal doom mod downloaded but I don't know where to move them/install them or how to launch the game.
>>
>>60516710
nigger X solves for Y
some retard who is already on windows and probably installed 12 pre-cracked games, 15 loaders and 20 activators missed some checkbox during install when he got jdownloader from some softpedia or some bullshit...

you aint on linux you dont get to whine about privacy and shit

>>60516715
your ISP and anyone who connects to your network dont see what you do on sites, just that you go to domain X, rest is encrypted
>>
I get the impression that the more powerful a home pc you have, the more stupid you are. What do you think about this idea?
>>
>>60516749
That's a whole lot of assumptions, none of which are correct. Jdownloader's installer did provide an option for setting bing as the default search engine, which I unchecked. It then restarted my browser halfway through the installation with my homepage set to bing and bing set as the default search engine anyway. This was not an error on my part, it was the installer doing exactly what I told it not to do. I'm sorry I won't use deceptive programs like that.
>>
>>60516795
heh, I bet MS did that if win10
he saw some dealings with registry defaults
and whenever something gets near that he uses that as excuse to reset to MS prefered

but whatever, use whatever you like
>>
>>60516749
>your ISP and anyone who connects to your network dont see what you do on sites, just that you go to domain X, rest is encrypted
Whoa, really? So, for example, if someone uses mega via https to grab some music, then his ISP will only see that he connects to mega's IP and that he is downloading something, but they wont be able to tell what it is because its just some gibberish encrypted data? So basically ISP cant see 4chan images and shit if someone is using https, and not even urls? Just IP?
>>
>>60512323
How would I fix this? The menu bar is black and it makes it hard to see it. I'm running openbox and I don't remember what I did to do this.
>>
>>60516793
that you are a moron and probably a poorfag with very weak PC

>>60516843
yeap, only that you communicate with the domain, nothing beyond that
>>
>>60516841
Nigger I almost exclusively use FOSS and am only on windows for MPC-HC, foobar2000, and gaming. Stop trying so desperately hard to impress your sekret club.
>>
>>60516736
first off, brutal doom is for fags. Second, but the iwads in ~/.config/gzdoom and you should be good. To launch with a pwad run
 $ gzdoom -wad "wadname.wad" -iwad "iwadname.wad"
>>
I installed windows 10 on a hdd which already had some files because it wouldn't let me format. Should I do a clean install or is this ok?
>>
>>60516898
Wait scratch that, the correct way command is
$ gzdoom -file "wadname.wad" -iwad "iwadname.wad"
>>
>>60516866
>yeap, only that you communicate with the domain, nothing beyond that
Amazing! Thank you anon!
>>
>>60516715
Prevention of man in the middle attacks
Very important on shared networks if you're doing anything sensitive.
>>
>>60512323
How do I meet new people who share similar interests?
>>
File: IMG_4599.jpg (94KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4599.jpg
94KB, 900x900px
>>60515273
C for basics and memory management
C++ for OOP and data structures
Python for actual useful stuff
Haskell for fun
>>
>>60516966
I see. But what another anon said about ISP not being able to tell what youre downloading is still correct? Thank you too!
>>
>>60516843
if you don't use your ISP's DNS server, then they can't even directly see what domain either, just the IP
though they could just do a reverse DNS lookup on that IP themselves if they wanted to
but yea, nothing else, just that X amount of data is moving to and/or from that IP
>>
>>60513088
>Getting shamed by other brainwashed wageslaves into spending your life suffering to generate shekels for those higher up on the pyramid
>Actually falling for it

These people, man
>>
>>60516843
You should also use DNScrypt and DNSSEC to assure you're going to the place you intend too
>>
>>60516930
Thanks it worked. Also I never had a chance to play it. I was mostly just using it as a test for some other mods.
>>
>>60516991
So at best they only see IP or domain name, right? Basically it looks like?
>xx.xx.xx. - 100 megabites of encrypted gibberish to xx.xx.xx
Thanks! I feel a lot smarter today. Always hesitated to ask!
>>
>>60517060
So far i only use OpenNIC DNS servers. Its probably good enough?
>>
>>60517067
In other words, so long as you stay in the normie zone, your ISP doesn't care what you do in the normie zone.

However, you shouldn't be worrying about that anyway. The surveillance technology is not used by your ISP, its in your actual computer itself. That's the big diversion.
>>
What should I check when buying a second hand macbook pro/air ? Battery cycles?
Thank you.
>>
>>60517149
check the previous owners mental faculties. They bought an Apple product after all.
>>
I need a fs for my pseudo san setup. fs that had build in raid5 and can me mounted as a lun on 2 machines. is glusterfs a good idea?
>>
>>60517067
pretty much
though they can also see which port you're connecting from and to
though this doesn't convey too much, just a hint if it's a common port

for example, if you tranfer encrypted (or rather, unrecognizable) data to someones' port 443, they can assume it's https traffic, since 443 is most commonly used by https
it's for this reason it's common to route VPN or SSH traffic over 443 as well, as their data is equally unrecognizable, but using 443 is a way to avoid firewalls set to allow https traffic, which they can only do by allowing the port used by https, 443.

but yea, no more than say;
<your wan ip>:<random outgoing port>, sent 100MB of <unknown> to <server ip>:443
>>
>>60512323
I was thinking of buying one of these:

https://hakshop.com/products/micro-ethernet-switch

The idea is that I could connect some of my friends computers to mine, without a router, and we could plug in and share data. Would it be doable with this switch and cat5e only? I assume that the devices could just ask set their own static IP address.
>>
>>60517149
screen for dead pixels
hdd smart status, maybe even full hdtune check if no bad blocks
cum in venting holes
keyboard, if all keys register
>>
best 4:3 monitor?
>>
>>60512396
Yes, it is. It's hard to believe that right now, but you kind of just have to. I've been depressed before, and commonly you get this feeling that you're the only one who realizes that life isn't worth it. The truth, is that happiness is not logical. I can't really fully explain why I wake up every day, but I know that I do, and that I don't regret doing it anymore. I promise you, that your body is designed to promote your survival. If you are questioning your life, then your body is simply functioning incorrectly. As it is functioning incorrectly, therefore, life is normal, and by that logic "worth it". I know it's hard right now to believe that, but you just have to. Find a hobby or a friend if you can, it makes it a lot easier. Good luck dude.
>>
>>60517263
nigger, router would cost ya like $5 extra
also I think crossover cable might do it for ya too, no switch, just cable between two PCs, but I never actually tried it
>>
>>60517292
some eizo probably
except now from you comes some bullshit how you dont really want the best, just something cheap and dont want to go over $300
and that you thought the word best means something else than best
>>
>>60517302
Friend, crossover cables haven't been necessary for many moons
>>
>>60517326
so he can just directly connect two pcs with ethernet cable
set static IP to same subnet
and discover each other shared folders on network?
>>
Why won't my JRE just work? I installed JRE just fine but it won't appear in my applications. The java web version works just fine, but I can't open .jar files. (debian btw)
>>
>>60517352
he's talking about the fact that any remotely modern ethernet adapter supports auto-MDIX, meaning even a standard patch cable will work directly between two machines
it's been commonly supported since at least the mid-2000's
>>
>>60517352
>>60517384
ps. only one adapter needs to support it as well, so even connecting a new machine to an old one will still work
>>
Which brand of laptops offer the best screens, ignoring Apple?
>>
So, Archfag here
While I have sound on youtube for example, if i go to watch a stream on a random site i don't have sound, even though the picture works fine
is it because adobe somehow fucks up the sound output priority or something? Or am i just missing a package?
Help please
>>
>>60517623
probably some audio codec
>>
>>60517659
sounds like that to me too, do i just go and install pulseaudio and alsa stuff randomly?
>>
>>60517593
Dell Latitudes series often has amazing ones, high contrast and brightness IPS screens
>>
>>60517382
wrong arch, wrong path, what does
>java -version
says?
>>
>>60517623
uninstall arch if you can't into loonix and try a user friendly distro. It will save you much more headache in the long run
>>
>>60517623
change browser
>>
>>60517734
java version "1.7.0_131"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.9) (7u131-2.6.9-2~deb8u1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.131-b00, mixed mode)
>>
Is there a way to prevent apps from detecting Adaway on android?
>>
>>60517623
You need to setup dmix
check the alsa wiki
>>
>>60517864
that's a jdk mind you, but seems it is correctly isntalled
and what happens with
>java -jar your.jar
?
Is the manifest correct when you open the archive? Do you have all the libs on your classpath?
>>
Right now I'm running 8gb Corsair Vengeance LXP 2133Mhz single channel
I wanted to upgrade my RAM to dual channel since I noticed that some games don't like the amount I have now
I can't for the life of me find another 2133 single stick, so if I buy a 2400Mhz stick of 8gb, will it just lower the clock speed to match my current RAM?
>>
>>60517973
Yes
>>
So for GPUs the boost clock are the clocks being used for load use, right?
>>
>>60517947
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/runeloader/launcher/Launcher : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
>>
>>60517914
I have an intel sound card so apparently I should have dmix enabled by default.
Any other clues?
>>
>>60518057
No, you arent listening to me.You need to setup dmix within alsa.There is literally an entire topic on it in the arch wiki,which you should fucking read
>>
>>60516974
Depends on the interest. College is a pretty good start, forums, etc.
>>
>>60518042
compiled with a different jdk
>>
>>60518149
>>60518042
I mean you can search it urself
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22489398/unsupported-major-minor-version-52-0

maybe you have multiple jdks installed?
>>
My hard sub script is no longer working.
It gives me this error
[Parsed_subtitles_0 @ 0x55a01cf88200] No filename provided!
[AVFilterGraph @ 0x55a01cdebc00] Error initializing filter 'subtitles' with args ''

I've been using this script for the better part of 2 years and suddently it just refuses
#!/bin/bash
mkdir -p "done"
for file in *.mkv
do
ffmpeg -i "$file" -c:a copy -vf "subtitles="$file"" "done/$file"
done

The subtitles field is pointing to the file at hand which has embedded subtitles in ASS format.
>>
>>60518217
"subtitles='$file'"

try that.
>>
Are Dell XPS machines still plagued by that coil whine? Any models available that can avoid it?
>>
Is Bootstrap the <<current>> Joomla?
>>
What's the domain for the windows activation servers?

I was having trouble connecting to them last night and can't find them in the logs now. Microsoft was on a remote session and had trouble connecting so they just plugged a new win 10 pro key in for me and now I've got a free key. I just want to know if the pi hole was the reason I ended up with a free key. If it is, I've got a neat way to get free keys out of microsoft support cause they had no clue what was up with my first key and it was giving errors about not being able to connect to the activation server. I couldn't check my pi hole logs while they were remoted in and I forgot about them until this morning and now they're new.
>>
I've read that windowed borderless uses more resources, and my performance often goes to shit when I'm playing an intensive game and watching a video on my other monitor. But my resource usage doesn't reflect that. My temperatures, reported frame rate (please not, not my actual frame rate), and memory usage (both RAM and VRAM) are not affected by changing to full screen.

Why is that?
>>
>>60518430
No.

>>60518546
Bring out wireshark and look at raw traffic then look at dns requests.

>>60518567
It really depends on the game. People say fullscreen is better, and it usually is, because the game can access the monitor handle directly as opposed to going through a bunch of windows bs.
>>
>>60518602
I suppose that makes sense. I thought I was just running out of resources since it's just a 2GB 760, but I checked my resource usage and I'm often not even hitting the ceiling.

Anything I could do about that, or should I just go back to full screen?
>>
>>60518602
I can't really use wireshark at the moment because my copy of windows is now active after support helped me and I don't wanna go futzing around with the keys and break it. I was just hoping someone might know the domain so I could dig through the block list I'm subscribed to. I see it blocks all of the windows telemetry stuff and online I've read that it used to block support.microsoft.com which seems asinine. I wouldn't put it past this list to have blocked the activation servers out of idiocy.
>>
What's an easy way to make a pure binary to BCD converter?

I'm using Logisim.
>>
How can I tell if a PCI slot is 32-bit short of finding my MB manual?
>>
/g/, how fucked am i?

Basically I rebuilt my pc after receiving an RMA'd mobo. I tested it breadboarded, worked out fine. Then, i rebuilt everything in the case, graphics card included, and like an utter fucking brainlet i plugged it directly into a wall outlet and it tripped the circuit breaker.

PSU no surprise is dead. Luckily I have warranty, but that's not what i'm scared about. Give it to me straight /g/, what are the chances that my entire setup - mobo, cpu, memory, most importantly, graphics card, are fried because of this fuckup? Do Corsair PSU's have any safeguards to this kind of thing, or Gigabyte mobo's?

note: the PSU was a CX750M
>>
>>60515416
re: python

it's easy to make something that does something like what you want it to do.

it's not easy to do it correctly. that's true of whatever language you learn. learn how to do it correctly.
>>
What should I do if I want to make a NAS look like a regular hard drive with a regular file system? It seems like every NAS on the market uses some kind of front-end that I think totally mucks up the entire point of the thing.
>>
>>60519083
Huh?
>>
File: a.png (32KB, 352x341px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
32KB, 352x341px
>>60518698
dmidecode
>>
Has anybody else's Firefox Developer Edition, aurora channel, not updated in over a month?
>>
what's life going to be like for me with a 1440p monitor? I want to get a Dell Ultrasharp but i'm not sure how everything will run. I do gaming and graphic design / video editing mostly. Also watch movies on it regularly.

my specs are
i5 4690k
GTX 970
8GB RAM
>>
Anything like the Pi Zero but actually in stock?
>>
>>60519412
More recent games you probably won't be able to run with highest textures but other than that it should handle fine.
>>
>>60519440
is it possible to set those games in 1080p and still get a pretty good experience, or would it be best to just keep it at 1440 and lower textures?
>>
>>60519471
You'll get pretty bad scaling issues running 1080p on a 1440p monitor
>>
>>60519493
ok, thanks for the info.
>>
File: outlook.png (21KB, 782x252px) Image search: [Google]
outlook.png
21KB, 782x252px
How do I download my emails from outlook in office 365. All online resources start with. "Press the 'File' tab in the top ribbon" but my outlook doesn't look like that. It is provided by my uni and I am accessing it through Chrome. I am graduating soon it will be deactivated.
>>
I connect to a websocket server from 2 different browsers, but only see updates on one of them (the second connecting client). Are websockets per connection? I thought they ~broadcast messages you can subscribe to.

I'm using openresty if that matters
>>
>>60519655
I decided to just DL outlook, open my account through that and used the backup functionality through that. Piece of fucking shit botnet.
>>
>>60518913
Did you use a surge protector? I'm fairly surprised you got fried. Make sure your wiring and stuff can handle the current -- shoudln't be a problem unless you're in an older house or a shithole country.

>>60519083
Use samba to set it up as a SMB drive and it will act as a network drive. Should be pretty seamless, windows has good support for network drives imo.
>>
Is there a good usb wireless adapter that works flawlessly with Linux? Reviews seem to be splattered all across working and not
>>
File: 1493931124374.jpg (54KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1493931124374.jpg
54KB, 597x597px
Uncle wanted to connect a laptop to his new 3D printer solely for the purpose of a 3D printer terminal essentially. My buddy had an old laptop laying around that was doing nothing. Single core K8 AMD CPU, 2GB of ddr2-666mhz.

I installed a cheap 120GB SSD, installed Windows 7 pro 64-bit. Even with the SSD, the laptop is still so damned slow. I know this laptop probably shipped with XP originally, but holy hell it has been so long since I use a single core/single thread system. For fuck's sake even my old pentium 4 had hyperthreading. How did you oldfags survive with this tech?
>>
>>60520223
why USB? Is this for a desktop? PCI/PCIe wireless adapters usually have much better luck with linux than USB. That's because not only do you need driver compatibility for wireless/LAN, you need flawless USB driver capabilities as well.

Not to mention that a $20 PCIe/PCI wireless care will have much better range/performance than a similarly priced USB one.
>>
>>60520223
AWUS036NH should be fine. It even has drivers for wireless cracking so you should be more than okay.

>>60520273
>Windows 7 pro 64-bit
Most people here would use a really light weight version of Linux on that.

If Windows isn't a necessity, use something like Puppy Linux or Xubuntu. Xubuntu will proably have better driver support.

If you need Windows, torrent Microxp or regular XP. If you need updates see if you can get a copy of embedded xp, it should be supported to late 2018 I thnk. I could be wrong, you could need a corporate license for those.
>>
>>60520273
dude what
the machine i bought in 2006 had a single core K8 and 512M of DDR2-800, and it literally "ran crysis"
>>
>>60520307
problem is that the program suite he uses to design/load/import his 3D printing designs relies on Windows 7/8.1. And their program is only 64 bit as well.

Otherwise I'd have done Xubuntu in a heart beat as a general use PC.
>>
File: moot[1].jpg (85KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
moot[1].jpg
85KB, 1024x512px
Can someone please recommend me a good 4chan thread downloader. One that lets me basically self archive a page so I can browse it freely.

Ctrl+S doesn't work, it results in broken backlinks and quotes etc
>>
>>60520345
If W7 is an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY, look at these optimization guides. Disabling aero will probably help the most.

http://www.blackviper.com/2009/10/01/black-vipers-windows-7-super-tweaks/

http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/ (there is a sp0 version on the site too.)
>>
>>60520273
we didn't put win7 on it
>>
>>60520394
well yeah no shit. See >>60520345
>>
>>60520345
Also, increasing the amount of RAM will help. You can find that generation of ram for cheap now I would think.

Also, to free up more ram, download Koshyjohn's memory cleaner and run it on startup. It will periodically scrape ram for unfreed sectors.

Of course, CCleaner will help too.
>>
>>60520389
Thanks anon I'll take a look
>>60520426
Yea I was thinking of looking around for more DDR2. Maybe upgrade the machine to 4GB.
>>
>>60520300
it's a tiny ass Dell repurposed as a HTPC, doesn't have any expansion (easy any way)
>>60520307
Thanks, will check out
>>
Windows 10 LTSB.

Let's say you download a file, and you save it to a folder called Stuff.

Then, when you want to download another file, when you click on "Save File As", File Explorer automatically opens to that folder called Stuff.

Is there anyway to change what folder File Explorer opens to when you click "Save File As"?
>>
File: 1445576974716.jpg (95KB, 623x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445576974716.jpg
95KB, 623x700px
What setting do I have enabled on my keyboard where holding down a key is basically having "turbo mode"?
IE I'm playing LoL (yes, I know, assfaggots, games, etc...) and hold tab to bring up the scoreboard, and it flickers as if it's repeating my keystroke every ~.5 seconds I hold it down. It only affects this keyboard as I tested it on another and didn't have a problem.
>>
>>60520549
not really no. It's been like that since windows 7 as far as I know. So Windows version really has nothing to do with it.

It's OK anon, you're with similarly minded people here. We know you're talking about how you want to save a SFW image, and file explorer keeps opening to your NSFW folder.
>>
>>60520273
i'd say it's mostly an "expectation" and "software" issue, rather than a hardware one
"Single core K8 AMD CPU, 2GB of ddr2-666mhz." would have been a respectably fast machine back in ~2005/6
but using faster machines has changed your expectations, booting in 30 seconds was fine, opening a browser in 5 seconds was fine. we can do both faster now, just not on older hardware
and software, this is probably an even bigger issue, opening a 2005 browser in 5 seconds is doable, but a 2017 browser? who knows, they're a lot bigger and more complex now, same with the OS itself, windows 7 64bit is FAR more resource intensive than XP 32bit, 7 uses no less resources than Vista, do you remember the complaints people had about that? your machine was made around the time Vista came out, keep that in mind.
>>
>>60520464
Look up the motherboard, see if you can squeeze 8gb for lulz. Probably owuld cost an extra $5.
>>
>>60520600
Yeah, thanks anyway man.

I'd prefer my wife not see my folder full of porn.
>>
>>60520642
yea I figured as much it was my being spoiled by new tech. My first laptop, as shit as it was, was a dual core celeron Gateway with a HUGE 750GB HDD.
Maybe it's all just in my head and it is performing as intended. This speed is just its limit.
>>
File: PornHider.png (21KB, 568x486px) Image search: [Google]
PornHider.png
21KB, 568x486px
>>60520656
use veracrypt and make an encrypted file container. Takes less than 10 minutes depending on how good your PC is. The only time the file explorer will ever see or default to your porn stash is if the file container is mounted under a drive letter. Once unmounted, it won't show up again.
>>
>>60520659
on the plus side, you only need 7 for the 3d printing software, right?
that alone should have no trouble running
the actual slicing might take it's time, but printing should be no issue, as it's just a low-bandwidth stream of commands over serial/usb, basically anything can do that (just look at the arduino-based boards that do just that)
>>
>>60520702
Thanks man!

I'll check VeraCrypt out.
>>
>>60520730
honestly he is doing all the designing and such on his main desktop (3770k/32GB RAM) and just importing the file on the laptop. So you like you said, the slicing will be a bit slow, but the printing speed is unaffected and it'll be communicating over USB 2.0, so 40MB/s isn't terrible.
>>60520737
No problem. Just make sure to create a password for the container you can remember. A container whose password is so long/complex you cannot recall it when needed is as useful as a sack of hammers.
>>
>>60520659
>>60520730
ps. you probably won't gain anything from upgrading it's ram
windows 7 alone in the default configuration uses "only" up to about 700M ram, much higher than XP, but much lower than 2G at the same time
so as long as the software you need uses 1G or less ram, there's no benefit, especially since you're using an SSD, which greatly diminishes the usefulness of cache ram, because it's so fast (ram not being directly used is automatically used to cache disk reads)
>>
>>60520807
Anon is probably using browsers, torrenting, etc.

Extra ram will help with disk cache too. Interface probably is SATA-II.
>>
File: XsLSJk4.jpg (920KB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
XsLSJk4.jpg
920KB, 5312x2988px
I tried changing my memory frequencies on my motherboard but dumb me forgot to enable XMP at all when doing so. Now my PC won't even boot to BIOS/UEFI at all, just stays at black screen, motherboard shows a red light on CPU similar to pic related.
I already tried resetting my BIOS by removing the CMOS battery, but same result happened afterwards.
How do I unkill this motherfucker? Surely there's got to be a way. Google isn't helping, in every case I see they are able to access the motherboard, which I can't. What the fuck do I do, /g/?
>>
>>60520807
Oh I see. Yea an SSD really does eliminate the need for more RAM I suppose. Although if I can get a 2GB stick for real cheap, I don't see any reason to not use it.
>>60520873
Nope. It's for my uncle and he is only using this laptop for a dedicated PC hooked up to his 3D printer. No browsing, torrenting, or otherwise.
>>
>>60520873
from what he's describing, it seems it'll just be setup as a 3D printing box and nothing else
there are torrent clients that use fuck all ram, and browsing modern sites on that machine won't be terribly comfortable even with more ram
>>
>>60520894
>Although if I can get a 2GB stick for real cheap, I don't see any reason to not use it.
never hurts, i'm just saying i wouldn't go and spend $50 on one in this case, for this purpose
>>
>>60515148

Any help at all?
>>
>>60520883
Remove all but 1 stick of RAM. The PC isn't even hitting the BIOS screen because of RAM instability. Take all RAM sticks out first. Pop the CMOS battery with the PC completely off and unplugged. Let the PC sit and let the caps discharge. Put the battery back in,followed by a single RAM stick. Se if you can access the BIOS then. If so, pop one stick in at a time. If you're able to still boot to BIOS with all 4 sticks back in, then set XMP.

If pic related is yours, you probably need a CPU to boot...
>>
>>60515148
>>60520927
this would have been better off in the /pcbg/ thread but I digress. What is the purpose of this "steam machine"? Gaming I assume, but of what nature? A GT1030 won't play anything other than indie stuff well. And honestly if you're going to build an itx PC for the price of a PS4 that isn't even half of the performance, don't bother. Just get the PS4. Otherwise, don't go mITX, standard matx is fine. And go with an AMD APU.
>>
>>60520964
I already tried putting the sticks one by one, but not without the CMOS battery, don't think it would make any difference doing those at the same time? Could be wrong, I actually don't know.
I'll try it the way you said though.

Also, no, pic related wasn't mine. Just some random picture from Google to grab attention.
>>
So unlike chrome Mozilla doesn't store anything?
>>
>>60515148
with that low a spec for gaming, you really should instead be looking at second hand parts
>>
>>60514200
thanks for help
appreciated
>>
Does NewPipe have forward and backward video controls? I cant seem to find a way to skip time in videos, just controls for audio and brightness.
>>
How can I improve mi ping on games?
>>
>>60521408
Get a better connection
>>
>>60521408
Don't use wifi, use ethernet. Some isps have better routes and don't hop through as many bgp routers.
>>
File: wat do.png (22KB, 456x568px) Image search: [Google]
wat do.png
22KB, 456x568px
wat do? will it help or hurt my chances on a college application if I state that I'm white (non hispanic)? is leaving it blank the best option?
>>
>>60521684
They do use them to determine your lowest entry score possible. Blacks need lower scores, asians need higher scores to get in.

IMO put black and just say you identify as black, there's not SHIT they can do about it.

And if they do give you shit for it (they won't,) post it on social media.
>>
On Android is there a way to automatically force close all apps once you hit the home button? My old ass uncle keep making me reminding him about how to force close them, and then rants on about how slow it gets for having all of them.
>>
>>60521684
don't be silly, you should cash in on all that white privilege they keep talking about!
>>
>>60521030

Thanks for the input didn't realise there was a general for this. I'll go over there
>>
>>60521801
that's not really how it works
you can reduce/disable background processes in developer options if you like
>>
>>60521801
Thats not how things work.
Tell your uncle he isnt smarter then the resource manager thats built in to your phone.

Force closing apps was so v1.0 android.
>>
>>60521887
>>60521886
Yeah no. Android as late as Nougat is still a RAM hog and tangible performance improvements can be had with a task killer.

>muh muh caching

Don't fucking care when the UI stutters and hitches because the phone thinks I'm going to reopen one of the last 20 apps I touched.
>>
>>60521734
they can throw out my application and there isn't shit I can do about that. I don't want to start a shitstorm on social media, i want to get accepted.
>>
>>60521931
OH MY GOD THE PROGRAMS THAT I AM OPENING AND USING ARE USING RAM
OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK

YOU WANT TO USE THE RAM YOU HAVE
ALL OF IT

My google pixel xl has zero problems.The ui is perma cached as part of the ~300mb thats always used no matter what you do.

Killing tasks is for retards
>>
>>60517045
As opposed to what? Being a bum? The only real alternative I see is being a monk or some shit
>>
>>60521811
lmao

>>60521942
Gee idk then anon. You shoudl apply to harvard/yale as black though.
>>
I'm just going to leave it blank as I have a white sounding name and my ethnicity is probably on my high school transcript/SAT scores anyway
>>
>>60512323
What to learn first, Kernel or Shells?

I started ti use Debian years ago but now I wanna go deep and tweak anything
>>
>>60522145
You can tweak a lot using a shell. There's no way you could learn anything about the kernel before learning your way around sh.

You can also modify a lot of kernel settings through the shell.
>>
File: 1488497141149.jpg (277KB, 1102x827px) Image search: [Google]
1488497141149.jpg
277KB, 1102x827px
>>60514019
It's OK to use the abbreviation "PC" to refer to a certain kind of computer hardware, but please don't use it with the implication that the computer is running Microsoft Windows. If you install GNU/Linux on the same computer, it is still a PC.

The term "WC" has been suggested for a computer running Windows.
>>
>>60522202
Thanks bro, what kernels shall I learn first? sh, bash, dash, ksh, zsh?

I don't know anything about programming but willing the be a tech wizard now
>>
Is there some sort of median stack filter, but for music?
>>
File: rings.png (26KB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
rings.png
26KB, 300x216px
>>60522252
Sh, bash, dash, ksh, and zsh are shells. A shell is a user program (ring-3). Almost all programs you use are exclusively user programs, or ring-3 (like your browser.)

However, shells can allow you to modify some kernel variable settings. You will need root to do this though.

Kernel is ring 0 and has complete control over the system.

See attahced diagram and let me know if you have any questions.
>>
>>60522252
>>60522329
Generally, you should fool around with bash first. Learn how to do things like navigating through files, installing programs (apt-get, yum, google them,) etc. Then move onto more complicated things like compiling from source.
>>
>>60522252
>Thanks bro, what kernels shall I learn first? sh, bash, dash, ksh, zsh?
Those are shells, I think you should start reading this first, http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php/index.php.
>>
>>60522348
My greatest problem is my total inability to install any program from source code despite the read me files either on Debian, Fedora or even GhostBSD but by CLI (APT, DNF and PKG) no problem
>>
>>60522405
./configure ** make ** make install
>>
>>60522357
>http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php/index.php
I'll read it, thanks - time for me to make a step forward if I am going to use Debian for the next years
>>60522416
I tried that many times on many distros. I will try again
>>
>>60522405
It is easier when you program yourself.
When I started with gnu/Linux, everything was installed from source.
I didn't understand what the errors meant and I would read the readmes, hoping they would spoonfeed me what dependencies I needed to compile it.
Now, reading linker errors is not so frightening, I just take them one by one, apt search <depend> and find what it needs.
Some times you need a different version than what is in the repo and it gets a bit more involved.
I am often also okay with saying, I don't need this anyway.
You want me to install an experimental version of the compiler just to get your bleeding edge features?
I can wait until I don't have stuff to do.
>>
>>60522513
I already know all of what you said such as apt search <depend> so I guess it is a good start

My greatest problem too is to run any .run file, either using Thunar as root or using the CLI mode and navigate through using the ls & cd commands.

Yet, following guides, once I tried to launch any .run such as Nvidia driver for my 8600GT on my Optiplex 745 (Cut the case to fit it in) so I can use my GPU at its fullest
>>
Is there a way to export magnet links from one torrent client to another?
>>
File: whatever-happened-to-blu-ray[1].png (69KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
whatever-happened-to-blu-ray[1].png
69KB, 512x512px
I want to get a blu ray drive for my PC

Is LG the go-to brand or should I look elsewhere?
>>
File: 1346003784558.jpg (14KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1346003784558.jpg
14KB, 432x288px
What does a colon after a variable name but before the equal sign mean in python? Someone suggested I do this to fix my code, and it worked, but I have no clue what it means.

g : np.matrixlib.defmatrix.matrix = np.transpose(X).dot(X.dot(w) - y) # blah blah blah
>>
>>60523336
Why?
Just download it
You're going to have a fuck ton of problems with the restrictive players you HAVE TO USE due to DRM.
Just find a ISO
>>
File: 1489086002570.png (220KB, 387x398px) Image search: [Google]
1489086002570.png
220KB, 387x398px
>>60523373
Can't I just put a blu ray in my blu ray drive and have it go on VLC or whatever?
>>
How do I schedule updates for wiki pages? Like say I want the main page for my wiki to have a random article of the day, or I want a specific line to change or something. I feel like I am either missing the correct terminology to search this or the feature doesn't exist, which seems unlikely. I doubt wikipedia manually updates every day.
>>
>>60523399
>vlc
No.
You have to use certain players that have the DRM support
>>
How do I find out if a laptop will just werk with GNU/Linux before buying it?
>>
whats the irfanview for osx so i can fap to image galleries?
>>
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9UW4NU4158&cm_re=gtx_660-_-9SIA9UW4NU4158-_-Product

will this computer run overwatch decently? I know nothing about computer hardware.
>>
>>60523878
>GTX 660
No
>>
>>60523878
Low/Medium 720p.
That's a giant ripoff by the way. Even worse than most prebuilts.
>>
>>60524027
Like I said I have no idea about anything hardware related. I just looked at blizzard recommended parts for overwatch and typed it into newegg.
>>
File: unnamed.png (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
17KB, 300x300px
Is there a way I could listen to any local file on my phone?
>>
>>60524193
That computer is pain. Move along.
>>
File: asian feet.jpg (165KB, 700x1053px) Image search: [Google]
asian feet.jpg
165KB, 700x1053px
>>60512323
Hello, /g/ one of the most useful boards on 4chan.

I have 3 domains that I purchased with Godaddy. I currently do not have a hosting plan with them, I will get that shortly so that I can make my websites available online.

The websites are empty and Godaddy offers a website builder interface that I have to pay for monthly to use. I was wondering what are some other good free softwares or tools to help me develop my website? I will be using mostly HTML and CSS so easy stuff. I am a novice but have some experience with Java.

tl;dr what are some good free (oxymoron?) website developing softwares?

Thanks!
>>
>>60512323
How do I add a user to the sudoers file? I'm having some trouble doing so and google searches aren't really helping.
I'm on Fedora 25
>>
poorfag here
is the logitech g100s sensor better than the razer naga sensor?
i play csgo thats about it
inb4 >>>/v/
>>
>>60512323
Source?
>>
I have an exam on Database Design and Management tomorrow, how do I into passing
>>
File: rusfish01.jpg (46KB, 347x260px) Image search: [Google]
rusfish01.jpg
46KB, 347x260px
I want to set up a web server with a browser-based client which can let me download images in bulk, compressed in >= 1 zip files. Assume that ti gets little use, likely just one active client at any given time.

Is there a very efficient method for collecting the downloaded images before they're compressed on the server side? I was thinking that I could cache the downloaded images to the server's RAM, then compress them to a file once a certain size in bytes had been reached and keep going.
>>
>>60513257
>>60512751

Yes, that is SCSI. VHDCI 68 pin connectors, two channels. Probably would just connect to a SATA card, but may need something special with the management interface it's got there.

Got a link to the listing?
>>
>>60513559
What monitor? Any games in particular you care about?
>>
>>60513531
QSFP, you'd need a QSFP to MiniSAS cable (SFF-8088), there are lots of host cards with that.
>>
Why does "icc-profile-auto" makes mpv have increased brightness or washed out colors? I'm using the windows Adobe RGB (1998) on color management and haven't downloaded my monitor "drivers"/profile because it always make everything look like shit. It seems like icc-profile-auto is the only thing that makes it look washed out
>>
can i register a domain name with the form qwertyDOTen? with the dot en?
>>
File: Im a tech illiterate.jpg (6KB, 298x83px) Image search: [Google]
Im a tech illiterate.jpg
6KB, 298x83px
What's this used for?
>>
File: 1495277344208.jpg (70KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1495277344208.jpg
70KB, 600x449px
Anybody use a ebook library manager? i have like 30 thousand ebooks and they are impossible to sort.
>>
>>60512785
I don't get it. I can easily do all of these challenges. I've taken two programming classes (Python/Java) at my CC, but I already kind of knew this basics stuff.
I'm transferring to uni soon and taking CS1, i'm hoping that'll be a little more challenging.
I just don't get how I make that transition from these basic little programs to full functioning projects and whatnot
>>
>>60525546
Backup
>>
What's a program to put my Windows install iso on a USB drive that won't give my computer AIDS?
>>
>>60525546
If you have to reinstall windows then any files on the C: drive will be gone as well. Presumably you'd use that backup partition to store important files that you don't want to lose if the OS needs to be reinstalled.

>>60525130
Just store them on a disk. As long as you have a reasonably fast SSD it shoudn't take long to compress them into a zip. RAM is another option too, but you'll hit scaling issues pretty quickly with that. If you want to do that then store the images as a byte array and then figure out how to output the array into a zip file.

>>60525566
Start learning some kind of framework. JavaFX is one option, it'd allow you to do desktop applications. Start with creating a simple window and adding some elements to it, then figure out how to add events and stuff to it.

>>60525645
Rufus.
>>
>>60512323
Tranny moot.
>>60525645
Win2usb or win-to-usb, can't remember.
Its the easiest noobproof free tool.
>>
File: 1451206319722.jpg (52KB, 622x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451206319722.jpg
52KB, 622x600px
i really dontknow where to ask
but im getting destroyed by spam on my gmail as of this morning
like literally every couple minutes i get some from multiple senders
and i've accumulated over a thousands of them in my inbox

how can i stop it
>>
>>60525793
post your gmail i will take it off the spam register
>>
>>60525793
Try to filter it, either manually or with the automated "mark as spam" tool.

If that doesn't work then just create a new account. You can't stop others from sending emails to you.
>>
what is the best remote desktop program i can use?

i have rly good internet
>>
>>60525333
Not directly, .en doesn't exist (yet), so unless you become a registrar and pay the $185000 just to have it considered, no.
>>
Why are CPUs dependent on transistor size? Why can't the chips themselves be manufactered, say, 5-10-15-20% larger so they can fit more transistors?
>>
>>60526075
>say, 5-10-15-20% larger
One consideration is at the clock speeds CPUs run at now, die size is limited by the speed of light/electricity.
Also smaller process means better performance per watt.
>>
Would someone please suggest the best moderately-priced RGB LED strip options available online? I see many options, but do not know which offer the most bang for the buck.
>>
File: Intel-Skylake-EX-Processor.jpg (60KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Intel-Skylake-EX-Processor.jpg
60KB, 800x450px
>>60526075
Bigger chips means lower yields
>>
I'm getting some slight stuttering when emulating Wii and even more slightly, GameCube games with the following hardware:

i5-3320
8GB RAM
NVIDIA NVS 5400M

Should I turn off Optimus and use only the dGPU? Or is there something (besides enabling frame skip) that I should change in Dolphin's settings?

>>60525983
Probably TeamViewer, if you don't like that there's some extension for Chrome that lets you do the same, or you could try your luck with Windows' Remote Desktop

>>60524209
Download on a PC with youtube-dl, extract, then transfer to your phone.
Otherwise, generally you can't, because the files are protected and only the app can have full access to them. But if you're rooted, you could try navigating the app's directory, under data/app/
>>
just started using a VPN and have been thinking about buying a 4chan pass for a while
Can I use my VPN with a pass? I'm from the US so I'm not trying to get by a country range ban or anything, just want to browse securely.
And if I do go with it then say I wanna look like I'm posting from Japan, do I get banned for using the VPN even if I have a pass? I don't wanna get permabanned and then I can't do shit cause I already paid for a pass
>>
>>60520354
ychan
>>
>>60525702
>If you have to reinstall windows then any files on the C: drive will be gone as well. Presumably you'd use that backup partition to store important files that you don't want to lose if the OS needs to be reinstalled.

How do I store my files there? Just by copy pasting? Will this free up space on my main drive?
>>
>>60521684
>asking openly discriminating questions

land of the free

>>60523400
you can schedule scripts or whatever with cron, returning a random article is not a scheduling problem though

>>60524386
there are literally a million, if you just want a website, install wordpress and customize away. If you want static html, look into github pages or whatever static site generator you like. Jekyll, Hugo are popular. If you want webapps with java, Play! framework or DropWizard + whatever frontend you want for example
>>
Self Diagnostic on Netgear Router (Model No. TD-W9980) keeps failing on this test.

The internet works though, im posting from it now.

Im using Telekom in Germany (VDSL) - any thoughts on what this could be?

No router settings have been changed - i just set it to factory defaults, reconnected to the internet and tried the test.
>>
File: fail default gateawy piung.png (22KB, 865x297px) Image search: [Google]
fail default gateawy piung.png
22KB, 865x297px
>>60526835
forgot pic
>>
Algorithmically generated images based on real images (e.g. linify), how are they licensed?
Do they have the same license as the original image, as the algorithm or are they yours to license?
>>
About once a year my computer will completely shit itself and stop working for 48 hours. It will then start working and run like nothing happened. This has been going for the last 5 years. I think it might be the ghost of a HDD of yore. I've not changed any parts out. I'm currently waiting for it to happen this year. Does this happen to anyone else?
>>
>>60527129
Define "stop working".
>>
>>60527247
Randomness it goes through every time:

All USB dead, won't load like there is something wrong with ram or HDD, will make random beeping sounds(I've tried to look up what error code the beeps are throwing out but they don't match anything), will load halfway to desktop then quit, will load halfway without USB function, will try to load like there is no OS, will load halfway but mouse and keyboard dead but nothing else.

Never makes it to desktop. I just leave it alone for a couple of days and it boots up normally.
>>
File: 04161080.png (618KB, 628x1302px) Image search: [Google]
04161080.png
618KB, 628x1302px
What happened to dropbox image hosting?
I used to host some images with it but now they're not working.
>>
I want to write a diagram for an agent-based AI system. Are there conventions for this I might have missed?
>>
File: 2017-05-22-115640_1600x900_scrot.png (348KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-22-115640_1600x900_scrot.png
348KB, 1600x900px
I'm running Arch with i3 at the moment, and everything has been working fine up until about half an hour ago when some of my fonts suddenly turned into strange symbols. I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about fixing this?
>>
>>60528236
Correction: I'm running i3-gaps to be specific
>>
FUCKING HELL THIS
Even how to do it on windows, or anything. None of my fucking routers are connecting to this god damned cable box.
Only other person who's trying to do this that I've found is pic related, a whole five days ago.
>>
File: K67rx9f.jpg (3MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
K67rx9f.jpg
3MB, 3456x5184px
>>60512323
Why is Emma so hot?
>>
If I open a support ticket with Asus about a motherboard and tell them I'm increasing voltage (safe values) in various places, will I have voided my warranty?
>>
>>60528687
She's not. She's painfully average.
>>
>>60512853
Depends on how long the converting site stores the file

Is there a free way to download all my emails from yahoo in order to move to Google whilst preserving the folders and all the Metadata? In burgerland they still want to charge for pop3 access
>>
>>60521962
Gnex user here, tell me more about how you can open chrome without it dropping anything else from ram.

I have to resort to extremes to listen to music over bluetooth simultaneously while getting driving directions, texting, and Facebooking without anything dropping from the low amount of ram
>>
>>60512323
QUICK
I NEED TO CONVERT A MP4 MOVIE TO AVI
WHAT'S THE EASIEST AND FASTEST WAY TO DO SO

ALL I CAN FIND ARE CHINKWARE THAT TURN A 500MB FILE INTO A 1.1GB ONE WITH WATERMARKS
>>
>>60529093
Yify.exe -just -fuckmyshitup
>>
How to fix the stupid fucking ISDONE.dll does not match checksum bullshit when trying to install vidya?
>>
>>60525168
Just to sata?
Listing is http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Netapp-DS4243-shelf-24-x-450Gb-SAS-drives-2x-IMON3-4-x-PSU-Rack-brackets-/162485252786?hash=item25d4e032b2:g:Sp0AAOSw8gVX2xEF

>>60525299
Thanks anon, already got a handful of MiniSAS cards around
>>
What's the best software for showing real time clock speeds on a CPU? CPU-Z is busted for me for some reason
>>
How much approx. would it cost me if I hired someone to make me a scraper to (periodically) collect data from a dynamic page?

How much more if I wanted to save the data in a db and be able to use it for queries?
>>
I just got a new phone (LG G6) and am trying to transfer my data from my old phone (Xperia Z1 Compact).
I used the built in Google migration assistant when setting it up, but it seems like all it did was get the list of apps from my old phone and download them. None of the settings seem to have been saved and I have to set everything up again.

>tl;dr:
How do I transfer apps with all their settings from a phone to another (android)?
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.