[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obihai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 31WOGWjJGL[1].jpg (14KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
31WOGWjJGL[1].jpg
14KB, 500x350px
Are there any drawbacks to getting rid of a landline in favor of Obihai/Obitalk and Google Voice? Calling inside the US is completely free aside from the initial cost of buying the modem.
>>
>>60507347
No network, no voice. We ditched landline for Vonage 4 years ago. mostly because they have a cheap plan for calling 3rd world. Wife is filipino. Very happy with the choice.
>>
The only four things I can think of so far are reliability of your ISP as >>60507394
said, it won't work without power, no 911 service, and no security system.

You can overcome the first three by just using your cellphone in a pinch. As for security systems, I think there are security systems that use cell networks now.
>>
>>60507347
They're breddy good, but there's a firmware bug that happens sometimes, so I have a daily cron job that reboots mine at 2am. Haven't had a problem since.
>>
People on /g/ are using landlines? I mean I have one but only because it's included without my fiber service and if you opt out it costs more. It is ever used at all.

Who here is still using s landline and for what? I have had one that I used in literally 15 years. I'm old too almost 40 with a wife and kids.
>>
>>60508654
emergencies. more then once a bad storm has caused utility/infrastructure issues and the only thing working was the landline and radios
>>
>>60508707
Wouldn't save me anyway I guess since mine goes over the fiber and isn't a pots line. I actually cannot even get a pots line anymore.
>>
>>60508750
ya i know what your mean there is only one company that even bothers to offer literal physical lines the entire way but it has other been a godsend when it was able to get me in touch with some senpai that otherwise wouldnt have know i didnt die. if it were not for that reason i wouldnt have it.
>>
>>60507347
We don't know how long obihai is going to last as a company. I hear they charge $10-20 for updates (yearly) , though I suppose you could give less of a fuck if you pay $20+ monthly for homephone
>>
>>60509557
What? Why would you need updates?
Where does it mention yearly charges on their website?
>>
>>60508707
best solution for an emergency is a gun and a box of rations anyhow. In that situation, going to a hospital isn't going to do you or anyone else much good.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.