[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intense coil whine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6211 (Edited).jpg (2MB, 2446x3116px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6211 (Edited).jpg
2MB, 2446x3116px
posted this yesterday but didnt get to any solutions
>>60483031
This is a brand new build. I've isolated it to either the cpu or something on the motherboard around the cpu. ANYTHING i do, move the mouse, look at moving numbers, etc creates a high pitch squeal every time something moves on the screen. if i scroll fast the squeal turns into a buzzing.. its not coming from the speakers, or headphones, its coming from the hardware itself. I'd like to isolate it so I can initiate a return on one of the items before its too late. I recorded a video if that helps.

video here >>>/wsg/1697528

cpu- ryzen 5 1600 stock cooler
mobo - asus x370 prime
>>
>>60506348
bump for suggestions.
>>
>>60506348
its the motherboards vrm's. either swap out of the psu or replace the motherboard with another.
>>
It almost sounds like a fan hitting something. are they clear of any cables? you can (while running and hearing the noise) put pressure on the different fan centers to slow them down and listen for any changes in the noise.
>>
got the same thing with an old P7P55D resolved by disabling cpu power management stuff in the bios
>>
>>60507205
this seems like the most likely.

psu is a corsair cx550m 550watts. i'll play around with the bios to see if that fixes the noise otherwise i'll make some returns
>>
>>60507532
no luck yet but im still trying. putting my ear to the PSU doesnt seem to have any issues. my estimated watt usage was around 350 and i have 550 in there now.

ill have to dig deep on the asus manual to see how to disable their auto throttling. its a shame because i was excited about this but this whine is driving me crazy
>>
>>60506348
Is it your monitor? It's probably your monitor.
>>
>>60508479
it can still come from the motherboard but be caused by the psu. if the voltage isn't stable it could cause excess buzzing from the vrm area on the motherboard. though if its a new psu i doubt its the psu.

other than that, all electronics put out coil noise, its just most of the time inaudible but in your case, the vrm's and the phases put out enough that you can hear. which incase either swap out of the motherboard and try again or just keep it. i've seen a few people on the offical x370 crosshair vi hero thread on overclock.net complain of high coil noise from their vrm area too. elmor the offical asus eng rep who contributes on the thread stated it's caused by the constant fluctuation from ryzens performance boost. always putting on a strain and then taking it away to only add it back again on the motherboard vrms. some motherboards vrms may put out a whine enough to hear if it wasn't isolated enough and whatnot. i have the crosshair myself and don't hear anything but ymmv.
>>
>>60508549
>some motherboards vrms may put out a whine enough to hear if it wasn't isolated enough and whatnot
just to clarify, i don't mean motherboard models, but just regular ol' QC that varies from board to board. including same identical models.
>>
>>60508699
>>60508549
thanks for the insight. Are you saying that because of ryzens nature, its causing the motherboard to act up? i probably will try to replace it for another. id understand if the vrms whine under load but this is happening just from moving the mouse on the screen, it will drive me crazy unless i lock up the tower behind some sort of barrier so i cant hear it.
>>
>>60508781
yeah elmor's advice was to either replace the motherboard because of QC with vrm coil noise isolation or if you can't / don't want to, turn off performance boost & xfr to help reduce it.
>>
Does it still happen when you turn your monitor off? My monitor would make noise when shit moved at one point. any pixel change would generate whining.
>>
>>60506348

Nice Deepcool case, bro
>>
>>60506348
If you press your finger onto a metal part of the case, does the whine change?

I had issues with a bad ground that caused a whine, had to replace my outlet, it wasnt grounded.
>>
>>60506348
>anus
thats the problem
>>
>>60509391
at least its not gigabyte
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.