[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are mechanical keyboard a really as good as people is saying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: mechanical-keyboard-switches.jpg (221KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
mechanical-keyboard-switches.jpg
221KB, 1200x800px
Are mechanical keyboard a really as good as people is saying?
>>
eh
>>
so
>>
could be
>>
it depends
>>
Try one out for yourself and see.
>>
>>60499018
They're like SSDs. you can live without them but you won't.
>>
File: arokh_k2.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
arokh_k2.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>60499090
I can't, there aren't any in the stores over here. Even on the online stores available in my country you can only get Chinese stuff with fake switches (noname ones not Kale).
I'm not OP though.
>>
>>60499146
Getting a boot drive SSD is cheap in comparison though.
>>
Cherry MX Browns are god tier. It really is like one of those small upgrades for your computer. It's nice to have a 7200HDD but when you try any new SSD you won't want to go back to an HDD ever again. It's nice to have a 1080p monitor but when you try 1440p you won't want to go back to 1080p. It's the same with a mechanical keyboard. Just pick up a nice one and you will notice the difference. Buy one from a store around you with a good return process so if you don't like it or just think it's something you can live with out just return in and go on about your business.
>>
File: Max-Cherry-Sampler-Kit-004[1].jpg (118KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Max-Cherry-Sampler-Kit-004[1].jpg
118KB, 1280x853px
I know that Walmart usually sells the Razor shit and the packaging usually has some of the keys exposed for you to try out and get a taste. They aren't Cherry switches any more but they give you an idea. I know some companies sell little sample plates that have different flavors of cherry switch mounted to them for not that much money.
>>
>>60499018
no. chiclet masterrace forever.

>>60499182
>Cherry MX Browns are god tier.
cherry switches are shit and browns are the biggest shit they make. that's why they're brown...
>>
I don't get them. They feel clunky, keypress feels long as shit, they are noisy and expensive. It's the biggest meme in PC's currently...
>>
>>60499172
Keyboards with Chinese switches are cheaper and you can't tell the difference.
>>
>like mechanical keyboards because they feel better to type on
>the gaymen meme comes along
>getting difficult to find mechanical keyboards that aren't riced out and have "1337 GAYMER" on the box
>>
>>60499172
There's passable mechanical keyboards for $30-$40
>>
>>60499215
All of this depends on the switch type.
>>
>>60499221
Superficially yes but they tend to wear out faster. If you're okay with that they aren't bad.
>>
>>60499221
>>60499235
I have looked at those and in the specs they are mentioning up to 10-15g difference between keys, isn't that super annoying? Or they aren't actually that inconsistent and it's just to avoid warranty as long as they can.
>>
>>60499207
neck yourself apple nigger.
>>
>>60499018
You got to make sure yourself

There is no correct answer.

Personally I like mechanical better
>>
>>60499018
for typing yes, gaymen no
>>
>>60499018
I just want to say that cherry blue feel fun but are really shit for gaming if you are used to membrane because they are super deep, get red switches those are really not deep, if you want gaymen,
>>
I have a drevo tyrfring with outemu black switches. It's pretty good and it doesn't look edgy at all. For 40 bux it's one of the best buys I made, and the feel is practically the same as my friend's cherry switches.

https://www.amazon.com/Tyrfing-87-Key-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01N1OGPM8
>>
Yes.
>>
>>60499018
they are a razy meme
>>
>>60499206
one key is not enough
you need to try a real keyboard to test them out.
>>
File: indissk.jpg (2MB, 3980x2391px) Image search: [Google]
indissk.jpg
2MB, 3980x2391px
old ones are!
>>
>>60499018
Best ones have the Logitech Romer-G switches. Less input lag and low activation weight. Quiet, too.
>>
>>60499182
Browns are shit, there's no reason to get them over blues
>>
Apple Alu keyboard is better
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.