[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one reason not to learn web development please.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1495110950469.png (90KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1495110950469.png
90KB, 480x477px
Give me one reason not to learn web development please.
>>
>>60497695
Its just a software replacement. Develop real software instead.
>>
>>60497695
- have to keep learning shitty new languages and frameworks all the time
- no one will care how good your code is
- high competition and mediocre wages
>>
>>60497695
There's never a reason not to learn
>>
>>60497717
but the wages are better than software, and there's more jobs too.
>>
>>60497704
web applications are software

>>60497695
the javascript world hasn't matured yet so you have to completely revise your workflow every two years
>>
>>60497695
every nigga and his mother could create a website on wordpress in 5 years
unless you want to get into deep end back end server stuff, web developers will become obsolete
>>
>>60497727
With software development (PC or embedded), you can get some interesting and well paid jobs. With web development, you're bound to be in the same swamp forever.
>>
>>60497744
can they clone 4chan in wordpress? or anything that's more than just a bunch of static content with comments section?
>>
>>60497695
your neckbeard kissless virgin who lives in you're mom's basement
>>
>>60497744
So then why does their pay and job outlook not look obsolete? Seems they're doing well.

In fact I've noticed an inverse relationship between languages /g/ hates and how much they pay. Perhaps this is a similar story.
>>
File: 7fc.png (131KB, 600x585px) Image search: [Google]
7fc.png
131KB, 600x585px
That frog be lookin at Dreamweaver. Kids today with their netbeans and their javascripts
>>
>>60497695
Former webdev (now devops) here

Do you want a job? Then get ready to learn multiple javascript frameworks that are all pretty much shit.

Vue > React > Angular 1 > Angular 2

Get ready to learn multiple versions of javascript that are incompatible. Get ready to learn nodejs and deal with NPM and get ready to have to use multiple middle wares and extra steps to transpile your projects into code that will actually run on the browser.

Webdev is shit bro.

When I started learning Golang to build servers I realized DevOps was really where I wanted to be. Right now I work for two companies writing small Go programs to do small tasks like database backups and other grunt work. It's way better than webdev.
>>
>>60497858
Tell me how to get into devops
>>
>>60497695
Suck
Only dumb people do it
>>
>>60497695
it's not 2001
>>
>>60497953
Yeah true, it's not 2001. In 2017 way more stuff is web apps now.
>>
>>60497695
you can learn asm and do anything you want
>>
>>60497695
I can think of several reasons why learning/knowing webdev would be very useful, but web dev is just so boring that learning it if you are not genuinely interested is a torture.
>>
>>60498057
What if I am interested in it?
>>
>>60498360
Then do it and don't worry about seeking the approval of a bunch of neckbearded virgins
>>
File: 1494994366641.jpg (72KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1494994366641.jpg
72KB, 482x427px
>>60499205
I never thought about it that way...
>>
>>60498057
>mfw I have to do it for a living 40 hours a week to not starve but I hate it with all of my being
>>
File: bamboozled cartoon girl.png (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
bamboozled cartoon girl.png
30KB, 300x300px
>>60497695
>- no one will care how good your code is
>- high competition
>>
tfw, you just done a HTML+CSS course and everyone here is saying how shit it is.
>>
What's the best tech job /g/?
SysAdmin is looking good
>>
Is webdev a stable long-term career choice? I can handle drudgery and suffering, I just don't want to be unemployable at 45

Please respond
>>
>>60497695
>he doesn't already know webdev
I have two important suggestions
1) learn it
2) fucking neck yourself holy shit
Point being you misunderstand the nature of the hate for webdev on this board. No one's saying don't learn it, we're saying learn it and then don't do it for a living, because only filthy normies ever use it as anything other than a pre-introductory course to REAL programming.
>>
>>60497769
*you're
And also, yes, you are.
>>
>>60499425
/g/ hates on everything remotely popular.
>>
>>60497695
>Learn some framework
>Programm a hybrid app
>Get rich

It's so simple
>>
>>60499384
How did you get into web dev if you hate it?
Why are you not doing some other type of software development that would interest you more?
>>
>>60497695
Coders are the niggers of the IT industry.
If you don't need it to make a living with it there is no other reason to learn it.
>>
Itt: don't get into web dev if you want to make /g/ happy.

Sys and game dev are tough industries. Sys is full of older people and game dev is simply hard to get into without connections. Mob, app, web are all better in terms of work. Web is the most popular.
>>
>>60497704
>t.anon who has never tried making an interactive website
>>
>>60497746

This is retarded. You can say that about any software you dipshit.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.