[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HDD damaged?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: a-corrupted-hard-drive.jpg (70KB, 450x288px) Image search: [Google]
a-corrupted-hard-drive.jpg
70KB, 450x288px
Is there any way to recover my files on a hard drive?
This hard drive is damaged, or so I think.
Suddenly the speed of writing and reading of this one was very slow to the point that could not take anything of there. My files can not get out of there!
So I tried to fix it with HDD Regenerator and this program just formatted my hard drive!
I am trying to recover my files with a program (recuva) but this one is paused in the process! It seems that reading speed is no longer useful.

This may have some solution? Please help!
>>
>>60494351
stop typing like a retard!
>>
>>60494374

Sorry i do not know english much!
>>
hahaha shame, throw it in da garbage
>>
Sounds like a head crash or something similar. Your hard drive is trying to look for the data but it's getting more and more bad sectors and other issues. You probalby won't be able to recover anything out of it.
>>
>>60494351
restore from backup

/thread
>>
>>60494351
Sounds like the SATA cable bro.
>>
Try opening your hard drive up and manually spin the platters a little with your hands, it should get the drive in working condition for a while.
>>
>>60496612
pls
>>
Use 1-2 drop of WD40 for the platter and it will spin fine again.
>>
>>60494351
For actual hard drive data recovery on an otherwise working drive, find spinrite v6. Used this same utility since the days of MFM drives.
>>
>>60494351
Do you find after being powered off for a few hours the drive is fine for a while, then gets progressively worse?
If the electronics are going, get a can of that dust spray, invert the can and try freezing the board and keeping it cold until you can pull the data.
You are probably fucked now because of that HDD Regenerator though. Spinrite does non-destructive low level formats so I still recommend you try it if it's due to bit errors on the platters themselves and not the electronics.
You can also try putting the drive in the freezer for a few hours if you don't have that dustoff.
>>
>>60494351
Perhaps the Circuit Board on the bottom needs some cleaning. Few years ago I had a hard drive that was acting slow; then finally "crashed." The drive would spin up, make a few click noises, spin down and repeat. I removed and cleaned off the circuit board with a pencil eraser, q-tips and rubbing alcohol. Board was coated in a layer of tarnish. After cleaning, reattached the board and the drive worked again. Long enough to manually copy everything to a second drive and be cloned to a third drive.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.