[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DBA vs Software Engineer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Black_Sabbath_debut_album.jpg (183KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Sabbath_debut_album.jpg
183KB, 400x400px
Explain which you believe is a better career path and why.
>>
>>60492131
Uh, go DBA if you have to ask. Don't worry about the fact that your job becomes less relevant as databases get better. People barely even use SQL anymore too.
>>
>>60492197
i dont "have" to ask... im a dev and have the opportunity to make the switch with a good company if i want to. just wanna hear some input from others.
>>
>>60492280
Well, you may not have to ask, but you are. I wasn't trying to be rude, I was pointing you in the right direction.
>>
>>60492280
Do you enjoy working with databases?

It's not hard work but nobody fucking wants to deal with that all day, kind of like being an accountant. You'll get paid a shitload because nobody else wants to do it.
>>
File: 1491154057133.png (9KB, 286x253px) Image search: [Google]
1491154057133.png
9KB, 286x253px
>>
>>60492131
WHAT IS THIS

WHICH STANDS BEFORE ME
>>
Big oil here. Most of the "run" database jobs are going to Pajeet already. If you are good with the performance tuning stuffs then go for it. Query optimizer aint gonna do all the work for you.
>>
>>60492197
>People barely even use SQL anymore too.
>
>>
>>60492197
>barely use sql
big depts are still full of excel and sql jockeys
you are never to going to train an analyst on nosql
>>
>>60492197
It's a fad. People think they can work in tools like Tableau, R or Pandas. The truth is Analysts and Developers can't into Data manipulation. SQL people are the ones doing the heavy lifting and they're doing it in SQL.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.