[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how long do I have to study programming to be able to code a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

how long do I have to study programming to be able to code a game like Super Meat Boy?
>>
>>60490811
yes
>>
>>60490811
polished games take many years, in experience and development.
You could probably whip out a meatball clone in weeks with the right work ethic and with GMS
>>
Making something like super meat boy run well enough? ~One-two years perhaps.
>>
Since this is a stupid questions thread...

Where can I learn how to write code which meets basic standards for compatibility with many systems? For example, best practices to ensure several resolutions are supported; or how to optimize code to detect and properly utilize multiple cores if present?
>>
>>60490811
you don't >"code" video games dumbfuck, you >"content create" them jackass
>>
>>60492597
through experience
correctly using multiple cores isn't a matter of compatibilty and it's too complicated to write a tutorial on
>>
>>60493328
yeah just go ahead and shoot yourself in the fucking mouth you foreign shitlord faggot
>>
>>60493475
you're the foreigner jackass, this planet doesn't give its privileges over to jackasses like you
>>
>>60492597
read up on threading if you want to learn about optimizing for multiple cores. though for most programs its not necessary to be honest.
>>
>>60490811
Considering it's a 2D game with flash level graphics, not very long. The guy who coded SMB isn't even a particularly successful dev, he was just a code monkey.
>>
>>60493506
It literally does actually. Enjoy your AOL dial-up connection over there in Brazil you useless wetback faggot.
>>
>>60493752
I live in Chicago fucktard, and I fuck your wife too
>>
>>60494161
Oh, it's a nigger.
>>
>>60492597
>Where can I learn how to write code which meets basic standards for compatibility with many systems?
By using a framework that runs on a lot of systems

>For example, best practices to ensure several resolutions are supported;
A framework that has resolution support built in

>or how to optimize code to detect and properly utilize multiple cores if present?
A task based system with concurrency handled by a library
>>
>>60490811
probably 4 or 5 weeks. Then it'd take you maybe a month to make it if you were using engines/frameworks or like a year if you built the engine yourself.

>>60492597
>or how to optimize code to detect and properly utilize multiple cores if present?
This statement makes me think you haven't even done the basics of concurrent programming. I'd suggest you do that first. OpenMP would be a good starting point to do that sort of thing.
>>
If you weren't programming since you were 8 years old, it's too late
>>
If you weren't dreaming in code while you were still a fetus it's too late
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.