[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NSA Have Backdoors Built Into Intel And AMD Processors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 12

File: serverimage.jpg (251KB, 1235x1150px) Image search: [Google]
serverimage.jpg
251KB, 1235x1150px
What the hell can we do, /g?

https://www.eteknix.com/expert-says-nsa-have-backdoors-built-into-intel-and-amd-processors/
>>
Switch to ARM :^)
>>
book the next one-way ticket to the Moon
>>
>>60490366
Definitely Intel, not so sure about AMD. Ryzen is great by the way.
>>
>>60490434
I can't even imagine how a processor is capable of doing this.
>>
Given that the article is 4 years old it seems we cannot do anything about it
>>
ps4 cfw when
>>
>>60490366
wew
good thing I have nothing to hide
>>
Year of the RISC Desktop when?
>>
>>60490366
>not encrypting everything on a p3 plan9 box
>>
>>60490366
>>60490371
>>60490434
>>60490652
>>60491279
>>60491504

Use a chip and platform that predates that NSA mandate. Jesus H Christ must I spell out everything to you?
>>
>>60490521
Your mind must be blown. You can't imagine for 3 seconds that your motherboard is infested with not just one CPU (the main processor) but SEVERAL CPUs?

https://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-09/TERESHKIN/BHUSA09-Tereshkin-Ring3Rootkit-SLIDES.pdf
>>
File: 1490366849451.png (297KB, 821x617px) Image search: [Google]
1490366849451.png
297KB, 821x617px
>>60490366
>>
>>60491549
>Yes, it is a chipset (MCH)
(More precisely Intel Q35 on this picture)
>Did you know it's also a standalone web server?

OOOOOOoooooo _________ oooOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
We're getting closer and closer to a reality of mandatory glass homes and bathrooms. All under the guise of improving national security and local law enforcement of course.

>You got nothing to hide, right?
>You don't want to be obstructing justice, right?
>You're not a terrorist, a drug dealer, or a child molester, right?
>What's the problem with glass homes?
>They look sooo futuristic xD
>>
File: get_your_shit_TOGETHER.jpg (90KB, 570x888px) Image search: [Google]
get_your_shit_TOGETHER.jpg
90KB, 570x888px
>>60490366

“The CPU microcode update mechanism is a documented feature which helps Intel and AMD fix CPU bugs. Even if this would be an interesting attack vector, you must break strong asymmetric cryptography before you get to push microcode updates to a CPU. The article from the Australian Financial Review is misleading, and doesn’t bring the slightest proof that Intel or AMD are sharing those cryptographic keys with [the] NSA. I do not personally think [the] NSA is backdooring Intel (or AMDs) CPUs.”

you can fuck right off
>>
>>60490366
>relying on off-the-shelf devices for encryption
backdoors are an issue older than integrated circuits
>>
>>60491628
Honestly, I truly dgaf if people see me naked. I am an avid supporter of privacy/security, however.
>>
when i told that a few years ago, i was called a retard by a few of you
i hope these people are killing themselves in the most painful way right now
>>
>>60490366
OLD NEWS
>>
>>60491718
retard
>>
>>60490366
Only use obscure technology to visit internet. Like a PS2 running linux or something
>>
>>60491718
You'll know you were right before your death my man.
>>
>>60491718
>>60491718
Fucking ree-ree. Try writing something intelligible next time.
>>
>>60490366
just unplug your computer from the internet and make sure the wifi is dead on your board, fixt
>>
>>60491538
And that chip is...?
>>
>>60491671
>proof that Intel or AMD are sharing those cryptographic keys with [the] NSA.

NSA: give us this or your business is over and everyone goes to jail, also you can't tell anyone or you all go to jail.

OR

NSA: curses if only we could use some of these legal powers given to us to get the code from Intel and AMD.
>>
>>60491758
The routers are cucked as well
>>
File: 1479885942504.jpg (57KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
1479885942504.jpg
57KB, 600x444px
>>60490366
how is this a bad thing sicne it protects children from child trafficking and people from viewing illegal content deemed dangerous by the us government like loli and sexual images of children under 18 used by perverts to prey on children like millions do every year?

WE MUST DO MORE TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT!!! Even John Walsh is calling for tougher measures from the NSA to start being more proactive to clamp down on cyper crime like copyright theft which leads to the deaths of children all over the world.
>>
doesn't an outbound hardware firewall protect you from this shit?
>>
Do illegal things on a computer not connected to the internet .
>>
>>60491538
don't you ever quote me again, faggot.
>>
>>60491977
It's considered obstruction of justice to refuse to whitelist NSA tools and will land hardware and software developers in a blacksite prison.
>>
>>60492011
"don't you ever quote me again, faggot."
-anon
>>
When will /g/ track down some NSA gay ass men and shoot them up right in the head ?
It's like not anyone is caring about keeping his personal life private because "nothing to hide".
I swear if one day there's a huge group forming against those fuckers I'll go right ahead
>>
>>60492159
if you dont have anything to hide then dont worry. we need the NSA to monitor people to know who views illegal material of say a child under 18 or those fucking anime drawings, if we can lock them up we will be able to save the lvies of millions of children.
>>
>>60492260
Nobody is taking the bait you try-hard.
There's your (You).
>>
>>60492260
I'll tell you one thing. Fuck off.
>>
>>60490366
a good nation state actor doesn't need to buy a backdoor (looking at you, fbi
>>
>>60492301
cyberbullying is a felony in most states to protect children a screenshot was sent to the FBI and Interpol for investigation. The FBI has thousands of agents who work on cyberbullying and other offenses commited online as part of their cybercrimes taskforce, noone escapes the power of the US government!
>>
>>60492355
>>60492260
wew lads we got some fun guys
>>
>>60492295
>nobody is taking the bait
>takes the bait
[thinking]
>>
Libreboot(on a compatible device) + fully free Linux distribution doesn't have this problem
>>
File: 1489512934175.jpg (71KB, 591x611px) Image search: [Google]
1489512934175.jpg
71KB, 591x611px
its simple people who have nothing to hide have nothing to fear from the government, anyone who does is probably a baby raping child predator.

>pic related its how one little girl fought back against fascism and won the hearts of billions of people!!!
>>
>>60490366
I use an intel core 2 duo. (^:
>>
>>60491881
>give us this or your business is over and everyone goes to jail
That's not how it works retard. The FBI had to take Apple to court over getting a backdoor for iphones. It was very public and they were losing the case anyway so they ended up dropping it and lied about cracking the phone themselves or something. It was pathetic. The same would apply to the NSA.
>>
>>60490434
>not so sure about AMD
How naive, of course they are forced to do whatever the NSA orders. Its either that or they make em dissapear. You really think Apple dont unlock iPhone passcodes for the govt? Thats a meme, they HAVE to say that.
>>
>>60492446
>even in the snow
>statue

wtf am I reading, is this what americans call news since its from CNN the most watched news channel in America?
>>
>>60492552
"CNN - The Most Trusted Name in News"
>Breaking News Headline: President Trump had 2 scoops of ice cream.

It's news for the clueless sheeple.
>>
>>60491881
are you retarded? Almost every authoritarian government in history has done stuff like that and exactly zero of them had any success at keeping it secret. Look at all the leaks we've seen in the past few years; the government can't even keep it secret when they blow up a few sand niggers on accident. Jesus fucking christ /g/ watches too many movies.

Now that isn't to say that the US governmnent can't gain complete control of your computer, but that is to say that in most cases they'd have to be specifically targeting you. You've probably seen the photo of Mark Zuckerberg's laptop with the webcam taped over. You might think that means you should tape over your webcam. You'd be wrong. Why? Because you're not fucking Mark Zuckerberg, you egomaniac.

All that said, I have no sweet fucking clue why you neckbeards think the NSA needs a CPU-level backdoor when they can collect ALL the internet traffic in the world and run it through pattern recognition algorithms. They don't need to have the information decrypted if they know what servers you're communicating with, how often, and at what times. They can cross-reference against all sorts of things that happen when you're active online and they can also identify you based on browsing habits even if you're anonymizing yourself with a VPN sometimes. And again, this is assuming you're even remotely important enough for the NSA to give a fuck, which is extremely unlikely.
>>
>>60492514
Apple, Microsoft, Nvidia, etc ARE the fbi anon.
>>
>>60492645
>>Breaking News Headline: President Trump had 2 scoops of ice cream.
>It's news for the clueless sheeple.
hahaha well that explain I guess why Americans now viewed so stupid in the world. I see many pictures of companies who hire in America based on race or gender not skill, is funny seeing many multicolor haired people with no talent hired in america, but I guess they are smartest in that country.
>>
>>60492514
it's very likely they cracked the phone. They had access to the hardware, which essentially makes it just a matter of time. They were trying to force Apple's hand because that may have been faster. Apple probably knew they'd gain access eventually, so decided not to cave. I mean really, if they pull the storage off the iPhone, all those fancy security features Apple goes on about are irrelevant and it's just an encrypted drive at that point.
>>
>>60492514
That was just a publicity stunt to mislead potential criminals. Have you not read any of the wikileaks documents? Apple is clearly cooperative with mass surveillance efforts.
>>
>>60492749
I thought it was recently revealed that the FBI paid Cellebrite $900,000 to hack into it.
>>
>>60492789
Probably. I didn't pay much attention because I figured they were going to hire a contractor to access the phone from the moment I heard about it. At this point, they've probably hired a few hardware and software engineers to take care of this for them in house for the future. Although, if it only cost them 900k, maybe that's cheaper than employing an engineering team to do it.

But yes, all the people thinking that the data wasn't going to get ripped are dumb.
>>
>>60492446

you are baiting bad stupid google
>>
If this is true, then what is the fucking point of having a secure linux distro? or a secure browser? there isn't a way to sort this shit?
>>
>>60492673
Wtf stop being reasonable on /g/

But for real, it's the principle, people are upset that they can do this within law and nothing can be done to stop it
>>
>>60493146
>there isn't a way to sort this shit?
Yeah, join the NSA.
>>
>>60493146
Absolutely zero point, it's just a meme for retards to make them feel "safe".
>>
American technology must die
>>
>>60490434
AMD CPU's after 2012 are backdoored.
>>
>>60492673

because internet traffic can be encrypted you dumb fuck
>>
use phenom II
>>
>>60490366
switch to 21th century RISC platforms (ARM, MIPS whatever) that are
-fully open
-adhere to ATX size standards so you can use any case
-can make use of usual desktop PC extensions like PCI, SATA, PCI-e etc
-have no (((management))) engine
-can run x86 and x8-64 code with hardware acceleration
-can run coreboot/libreboot for convenience and maximum freedom
>>
>not using the NSA-spyware-free Elbrus-8S microprocessor
>>
https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner
>>
>>60490366
I doubt they actually have live backdoors on the chips. It would enable a foreign entity to discover and exploit it themselves against American interests. New microcode probably have to be deployed trough MS updates with the nsa key ot through physical access. The case of accessing unencrypted emails is probably due to NSA having a backdoor into the MS infrastructure and intercepts email before they are encrypted. Kind of how they raped google when they didn't hand out access.
>>
>>60490366
why would NSA collect all those complex exploits if they have a direct backdoor in any processor?
>>
File: 1491337195751.jpg (426KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1491337195751.jpg
426KB, 1024x683px
>Have AMD CPU that predates botnet inclusion
>But the motherboard has botnet so it invalidates everything
>>
it's stupid to think that any kind of mainstream piece of tech will not have any sort of backdoors from the powers that be

but this is /g/ so I'm not surprised that you children are somehow shocked that no piece of common tech made by any big tech corporation is safe from backdoors
>>
File: arm_cavium-100627902-large.jpg (88KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
arm_cavium-100627902-large.jpg
88KB, 580x435px
switch to ARM
>>
What's wrong with that though?
Can you give me one instance when the NSA did something evil in history?
They're mostly after terrorists.
How is national security a bad thing?
Or do you have stuff on your HDD you shouldn't have?
>>
File: 1495198217120.jpg (182KB, 996x679px) Image search: [Google]
1495198217120.jpg
182KB, 996x679px
>>60495833
lol nsa shills are already here
>>
>>60495690
A hardware backdoor that can be enabled through microcode updates is extremely valuable. I'm guessing if it exists only few know of it and it is only deployed against other states. Perhaps the backdoor only exists on special run batches headed for certain organizations and states. Since secret information never is on nets connected to the internet the backdoors are probably deployed by an intelligence asset on site.
>>
>>60495815
What makes you think they are backdoor free? It's the most popular CPU architecture given mobile devices.
>>
File: nagi.png (158KB, 368x437px) Image search: [Google]
nagi.png
158KB, 368x437px
>>60491958

fuck off no one is being hurt in my chinese cartoons
>>
>>60491671
Unless we have Open Source firmware, we do not know.
It is safe to assume that backdoor exists.
>>
>>60490366
libreboot or coreboot + me_cleaner
>>
>backdoors in a fucking processor
>>
>>60490366
/g/ you will find true enlightenment once you surrender to the botnet.
Just let Agent Smith take your rights, and for that, you will be given everything you have ever dreamed about.
>>
>>60492645
anonymous source has confirmed that it was strawberry.
we have Jane Williams who is a Body Language Doctor.
Jane: Trump ate strawberries because it represents Red Russia.
>>
https://www.coreboot.org/Intel_Management_Engine

>Board: Lenovo X60/X60s/X60T Lenovo T60
>Firmware: None. [1]
>ME location and physical capabilities: Inside the ethernet controller, disabled: no >Ethernet controller fimrware. [1]
>ME restrictions: Disabled: No Ethernet controller fimrware. [1]
>[1]: The Ethernet controller is capable of running some fimrwares( like AMT 1.0), but the hardware is not configured to do it on that machine. So no firmwares are loaded. See Intel_82573_Ethernet_controller for more details.

So the Management Engine *IS* present even it the T60/X60 units, it just does not come preinstalled with firmware, but presumably there's ways to put firmware on it, or even make use of the ME inside the Ethernet controller withouth firmware being present. So Stallman wasn't right after all advising to avoid post-C2D Intel stuff: as it turns out, to be completely ME-free, you need to go as far back as the Pentium 4/Pentium M (and in the case of Thinkpads, the T43p still made by IBM would be the last safe one).
>>
>>60490434
I have a hard time believing AMD has no backdoors, they're a much a smaller a company and probably very easy to be pushed into it by the NSA. >>60490521
>>
>>60498353
>me_cleaner
The name "me_cleaner" is a misnomer. It should be called "amt_cleaner" at best, as the ME circuitry hardwired into the CPU is still there and running all the time (and it has its own internal ROM).
>>
>>60491878
                                                   JOHN CENA
>>
>>60490521
Yo dawg, we heard you like CPU so we put a CPU which is CapableOfDoingThis(tm) in your CPU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vmG6rFd_BM
>>
File: 1481286859707.jpg (7KB, 205x241px) Image search: [Google]
1481286859707.jpg
7KB, 205x241px
>>60490366
>For example trying to crack AES 256 bit encryption would require the power of 10 million suns to crack at the current TDP of processors.
>>
>>60501058
>it's very secure to do it because AMT provides a lot of authentication and security to do so

Like, literally entering a blank password (the AMT vulnerability discovered only recently somehow)? Hahahahaha, my sides.
>>
>>60492421

How does that disable the backdoor in your CPU?
>>
http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4302-6572-6_2/fulltext.html
>>
>>60490371
You know you can Trust ARM becaues it has Trust Zone technology
>>
>>60492013
Really? Is America that cucked?
>>
>>60501058
That man implemented the ultimate botnet feature, yet he's happy about himself and excited as if he had found the cure for cancer.
>>
File: 1445314854001.png (317KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1445314854001.png
317KB, 796x712px
Probably nothing. I gave up quite a while ago. There's nothing we can do (other than becoming Luddites) when the government is working hand in hand with the corporations that make everything relevant. They just have too much money and influence for us to fight back.
It won't be long before there's facial recognition/iris scanners on every street corner in every first world country.
>>
>>60490366
>Intel's rdrand is good enough to use for /dev/random and /dev/urandom directly!
>t. Linus "the Cuck" Torvalds
Lintards BTFO
>>
>>60492514
It is exactly how it works: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/11/yahoo-nsa-lawsuit-documents-fine-user-data-refusal
>>
>>60501292
America are the ultimate cucks
>>
We have bigger issue than an hypothetical hardware backdoor.
When they bust some high profile criminal they always do it with trivial social engineering or dumb browser exploits.
NSA doesn't need any of this super complicated and hard to use hacks.
>>
>>60490366
Stop using consumer CPUs
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.