/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into coding. I know nothing about coding, I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1495047247361.png (517KB, 720x397px) Image search: [Google]
1495047247361.png
517KB, 720x397px
I want to get into coding.

I know nothing about coding, I know how to put a PC together but thats it.

I have read some other threads and people state to stop using Windows and get Linux first of all, I will get another system with Linux.

But I am a complete beginner, is there some kind of course?, online course?, or what. where do I start?

Most of the comments will be arguing about what coding 'system?/software?' to use, but I am hoping if I can get the hang of it in 2-3 years I can make a living off it.

Would I have to go to do some course at Uni or something?, or a course online?, I am 25 btw
>>
>>60488868
stop calling it 'coding' first of all,
start by learning python, once you understand the syntax and modules and shit just move up.
just keep doing it basically.
>>
Stop calling it "coding". It's programming.

learnpython.org

Have fun.
>>
File: 1495047779915.jpg (41KB, 526x394px) Image search: [Google]
1495047779915.jpg
41KB, 526x394px
>>60488892
>>60488894

okay cool, programming it is.

Okay I will try this, thank you.
>>
>>60488868
>coding
Install gentoo
If you are going to pick up programming you need a goal. Something to work towards to will help you advance in skill.
Like if you wanted to make a simple tool or a game or even some desktop application, find something you want to accomplish. Then choose the appropriate language.
You can start with virtually any language, but most people say python.
>>
I would try some gui stuff in python or, and I hate to say this, some web stuff like php/js that way you actually see stuff on the screen and it might help you stick with it. To see feedback in real time as you mess with stuff.
>>
>>60489026
>>60489058

I am on the the learnpython website, and im doing these tutorials, but shit is confusing, as a total newbie, i dont understand what the fuck im doing.

I mean im doing it correctly, but i dont understand what i am accomplishing.

What is php/js?
>>
Pastebin has a bunch of educational bundles for sale right now, including some on programming. "Learn to Code 2017" bundle might be something of interest to you, for example. You have to pay the average for every course in the bundle though, FYI.

Anyway, I can't really speak to the content of the courses they're selling, but all I'd say is I would supplement any language course you choose to follow with a textbook, and ideally one that explains the reasoning you use in programming.

Also, since it appears you're going with Python, here's a free course taught by some dude at MIT. Looks like if you enroll now it starts May 30th. Having that kind of structure with lectures, problems to do, etc. will probably help you stick with it.

https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-mitx-6-00-1x-10
>>
>>60489136
First step, l2google
>>
>>60489217

thank you I have signed up for that course.

I would have liked to do the certificate part, but I would have to pay before instead of after which is a bit annoying.

Thanks for the help, I will check out the bundles too
>>
>>60489319
I have no idea what the worth is of their certificates, but I wouldn't pay for it even if you complete the course. If you stick with programming and in the future you want a job without having a formal education, just have your own projects that you can show to make up for it.
>>
codeacademy for starters, you'll get a basic idea of programming and then you'll probably get bored of doing arbitrary tasks pretty quickly

Then decide on a small (v small) project - and this is when you pick a language to really learn. Choose one that seems comfy and is suitable for your project

Learn from google-fu but try out other sources too, I thought Harvard's CS50 course was pretty fun

Godspeed
>>
Step 1:
Fuck java
>>
>>60489136
found this free MIT from fall of 2016

https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-0001-introduction-to-computer-science-and-programming-in-python-fall-2016/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.