[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start programming /g/. I will most likely start with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I want to start programming /g/. I will most likely start with Python. I want to learn the core languages of pentesting, and hacking. Where to start, what to learn? Summer just started, so plenty of time. Thanks friends.
>>
>>60485075
get your a+ and then ccna first if you know jack shit about hacking, pentesting
>>
Start with simple Bash, get yourself into Linux. Then try to understand Python and maybe ruby, but you wont essentially need this to be a hacker. Try to find some of the videos of the Offensive Security Certificate, this is by far the best and practical you can do by now.
>>
>>60485075
>interpreted language for """penetration testing""" and "hacking"
also known as "i wanna be an elitr haxxxxor but not try that hard"
>>60485184
>monitor cleaning certifications
>>60485352
>learn bash
yeah because that'll help you in the real world
not that i have anything against it

op, learn c and then x86 assembly, then the rest of the vaguely popular architechtures' assembly dialects.
then, work on low level devdlopment for 1-2 years and after that maybe think about being an elite haxxor.
note: i don't care if you "actually want to do penetration testing", this doesn't change the fact that you should know something about computers, and python is both not a good language to start with (i wrote a paper about this and i am not going to share it so you're going to have to take my word) and not a language that you are going to be able to write anything useful in without background in languages that things more interesting than package managers are written in.
also stop using windows because you probably are, microsoft flat out doesn't want you to know anything about operating systems.
>>
Step 1: install gentoo
Step 2: summer is now over and you still haven't got all of your drivers working, much less even started programming.
>>
> I want to learn the core languages of pentesting, and hacking
There are no "core languages" for that. Being able to break into other peoples shit relies completely on knowing how they put it together in the first place.

Learn C. Python is a trash language that teaches you nothing about what you're actually doing.
>>
>>60485733
Every tutorial I see online for C is prefaced with a big bold warning saying "We're too autistic to explain things so we're just going to assume you know what all this is already"
>>
>>60485776
Download a pdf of C Primer Plus and start there.
>>
>>60485592
absolutely this. If you want to be in security, you need to know the basics. Knowing python will basically enable you to run other people's pen testers.

And keep in mind, security is hard, not easy. You only win when you find the weakness of others.
>>
>>60485075
>pentesting
protip: most of "hacking" nowadays is really just social engineering
if you're socially inept you shouldn't even bother
>>
>>60485776
>"We're too autistic to explain things so we're just going to assume you know what all this is already"
this is what security will be like. It's about tinkering with mechanisms you don't really know much about in the beginning. Lockpicking and hacking are somewhat related. If you need a 3 step guide to pick the lock, you're never going to be very good at it.
>>
>>60486031
I realize this post was very negative, anyway look at videos like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5VlvrlTNmM

to know what you're about to get yourself into
>>
Want to learn how to hack?
Do the fckin OSCP.
A list of what is tought:
usage of exploits
craking passwords
finding flaws in webapps
finding flaws in software
privilege escalation on Linux and Windows
writing own simple priv escalation tools
customize exisiting exploits
Also: How to wireshark, netcat, python, metasploit, debug and many more.

Want to go deeper into it? Do the OSEE, learn how to write your own Shellcode, find execution flows in programs, evade DPE and ASLR.
THe OSCP will teach you the basics and a new way to approach problems.

And only people with the OSCP should consider to talk negative about it.
>>
>>60485592
>>monitor cleaning certifications
well he has to start somewhere
I'm assuming he is new to IT, obviously this will not get you a job straight into infosec, but they set the base for your pathway to it.
From there he can get apply for a job somewhere and get experience in the field. Then get those higher level certs like CEH, GIAC, CISSP, OSCP.

Also learning python is a good step into scripting.
Besides most 'cool' hacker shit is done by criminals.
>>
>>60486717
forgot to say, get linux and learn the terminal
>>
>>60485075
I think starting with Python is a bad idea. You should start with a c-like language. Consider C# or C++. Ignore those who advocate for C because C is largely ignored in real world scenarios.
>>
>>60488318
Start with C++ if you want to give up on programming
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.