[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you use a Surface? What do you like/dislike about it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Do you use a Surface? What do you like/dislike about it?
>>
>>60483445
no, but I like its design.
>>
>>60483445
>What do you dislike about it?
the fucking meme logo
>>
File: 1468912214519.jpg (296KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1468912214519.jpg
296KB, 1366x768px
>>60483885
How did you find something to dislike so passionately, in a logo consists of 4 fucking squares?
>>
File: asanagi stays noided.png (156KB, 416x350px) Image search: [Google]
asanagi stays noided.png
156KB, 416x350px
Pros
>Really light and compact
>Form factor makes it really useful in a variety of situations
>Pen is great
>Screen is awesome
>Surprisingly competent microphones
>Performance on par with ultrabooks in its price range
>Thermal throttling is rarely an issue
>Full size USB 3.0 port and MiniDP
>I have dropped this thing from desk height in a lecture hall onto concrete twice, and while it has scratches and a tiny bit of denting it has otherwise withstood everything gracefully with no marks on the glass
>Warranty is almost no questions asked, even if you don't end up buying the extended warranty

Cons:
>Price
>Shit QC, so don't be surprised if you have to exchange one
>Thermal throttling still somewhat of an issue
>Holy shit the battery life
>Don't bother with the Fingerprint ID cover, the scanner fucking sucks
>Scary IR NSA cameras
>Awful Windows high DPI support makes certain tasks and programs a pain
>Windows 10 bullshit in general
>Linux compatibility is clownshoes
>Reports of kickstand hinges sometimes crapping out
>NVMe SSD model lottery

I'd still recommend it, but not for everyone. If you don't want a tablet or need the pen, don't bother and just get an XPS 13.
>>
>>60484171
I agree with most of this except that I have a pretty bad bend in a corner and I have no idea how it happened

Also I don't think the battery life is that bad
>>
If you have one, you will never need a printer or drawing tablet again. This is why I like it. I use the shittiest model and undervolt it and use it as the most convenient device ever. Never heats up, no noise, amazing screen and pen, light, keyboard and cameras are good, full size is that I can put a done on if I need to use it as a desktops solution

A hidden gem if you do what I did to it. The most convenient device I own. I even degassed it so no smells either.
>>
It has replaced my laptop and iPad. I can do about 99% of my work on it. Had it for a year, easy to carry around the house and convert to a web browser / ereader tablet
>>
Most of the pros are well-known, so I'll focus on the cons.

>bugs in power management
>bugs on login screen
>buggy microsoft Edge
>useless rear camera because it doesn't have autofocus
>battery life sucks

As much as I love my SP3, bugs in Windows are really ruining the experience and makes it impossible to recommend to anyone.

Also, OneNote is a buggy shit that lacks essential features. Sucks for me as a student
>>
>>60485704
What is wrong with onenote?

Seemed to work for me
>>
>>60485824
>randomly moves the sheet as you put your hand down
>Randomly rises to 25% CPU usage
>lacks "fill" tool
>Ctrl+Z randomly stops working
>Has no way to easily draw straight lines, like a ruler
>Moving complex drawings is incredibly slow
>randomly moves your text around
>Synchronization issues
>Moving things doesn't clip to the helper lines
>the "insert space" button is slow, buggy (has to be activated twice to work), and doesn't clip text to the helper lines

I think that's most of them.
>>
>>60483445
>Do you use a Surface?
no
>What do you like/dislike about it?
>like
the pen
>dislike
the os and the thin design
>>
>>60485969
Yeah I saw all of this though for Palm rejection try and put the point near the screen so it knows you are about to draw

But yeah other than that onenote needs help
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.